Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

Staff extremely cool guys, great coffee next door. Rooms were to a high standard. All round good Byron feeling. Cheers

Really great staff!

I really loved cape Byron!! The best I have ever been!!

The staff here were incredible. They upgraded me to a smaller room since they had the availability and even helped me carry all my stuff to the room. I enjoyed the free wifi and the convenient location. Would definitely stay again.

Unfortunately there were drunk guys in our room who behaved like crzazy all night.... and checked out using our own keys. The staff was very nice about it however ! Nice hostel overall.

This YHA was a buzz with a lot of younger travelers, which makes sense, by the beach. It was well located and the staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. I guess Byron Bay is a Surf place so if you are in that generation and do that, this might be your perfect spot. If you are middle-aged, it's okay if you can be really flexible, but don't expect to bond with other people as easily as other YHA's or hostels worldwide. It depends somewhat on the time of year as well, I'm sure.

It would be nice to have accessible lockers. Some of the shower heads seemed to be falling off.

• 8th Apr 2014

The staff was very helpfull and friendly! The hostel is located very close to the beach and the center. There were not lockers in the rooms, so security was not that good, and toilets were only cleaned early in the morning, so by night there were not always in good conditions. Apart from that, it is an excellent place to stay!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Planned on staying for 5 nights ended up stay for 9 such a awesome hostel very easy to meet people... But there is no oven have to fry or microwave everything

Great hostel! Would stay there again anytime! Staff was really helpful in relation to booking trips and always really friendly! Location was awesome. Also pizza night at the hostel was awesome!

Great hostel! I loved my stay at Cape Byron. It was a big enough that you could meet a lot of people, but small enough to be personal. The staff was very helpful and always remembered your name! Wifi was not working very well. But the rooms were clean and had OK standard. Perfect location close to the beach. Overall, a very good hostel!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

I enjoyed my stay at the YHA in Byron. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and helped me with all the activities I wanted to plan. I found the hostel itself a bit large, which meant that some of the community atmosphere was lacking compared with some of the other hostels I have stayed in. The wifi signal was also pretty restrictive. Apart from that though, the facilities were good, everything was clean and tidy. I would stay here again.

nice hostel with great staff and cool things to do

Great hostel. With friendly staff.

• 15th Feb 2014

Overall it was a very good hostel to stay @, rooms either need A/C or better air flow, hot and sticky!!!