Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

I didn't enjoy my time at Cape Byron YHA but it depends what you're looking for. If you want to read, relax, and keep to yourself, Cape Byron is for you. If you want to socialize, party, and have activities to participate in I would recommend going elsewhere. One good thing - there was a free guided tour to the lighthouse which was amazing!

Great location. Staff were excellent- very welcoming and friendly! Facilities were good, especially in the kitchen and the free use of bikes and body boards! The beds were comfy too. However, the wifi was rubbish and the bathrooms had seen better days, besides that, this was one of the best hostels I have stayed in!

• 28th Jan 2016

Nice place where to stay in Byron. All good.

Really good. Much quieter than some of the larger hostels but just what I needed. Very safe and very clean. Perfect way to enjoy Byron, very close to everything you need.

One of the best hostel I have stayed on in Australia. The staff was very friendly and made me feel like I was home. We did a tour walk whit the hostel to Byron bay light house which was very good, Tood from the hostel spotted a lot of animals I wouldn't have seen if I was going by myself. Definitely a good place to stay in Byron bay.

An alright hostel in a good location. Staff are really nice, rooms are average; the main two downsides are the lack of atmosphere and the bathrooms are quite gross. Other than that it really is fine, nothing amazing but I guess you're not paying for luxury! Also quite annoying how the kitchen is shut after 10pm and you have to put down a deposit for cutlery but that's standard in a chain hostel so can't complain too much :)

My stay at cape byron has been extended from 4 to 11 nights as the staff made me feel home while 20 000 km away from it. Tod's and his team are always happy to help , chilled and in a good mood. It's from far the best hostel i stayed in, and i would recommand it without a shadow of a doubt - thanks again guys for your friendliness and good vibe!

The staff was super friendly and the facilities were all fine. Good location in Byron.

Good location, close to the beach but not so close to clubs, in a quiet street of Byron. You can get to every part of Byron in a couple of min walking. The hostel itself is nice but the bathrooms are a bit dated and the kitchen not well maintained (stoves need a turnover). Everything is working anyway. I slept in a 5 mixed dorm and I can say that the room is pretty tiny. Many people live there and work in Byron so it could happen that you will find yourself into a friend-established group.

I really recommend this YHA, very close to the town and main beach. Room was comfortable, toilets and shower rooms are not bad, kitchen is also not wide. Wi-Fi aften doesn't works well. But this YHA itself has awesome atmosphere! And few Asian, so you can make Western friends easily here!

Good location and great staff!! Free lighthouse walk is a must, very informative and lucky enough to see whales and dolphins! Would definitely stay again :)