Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

Nice place where to stay in Byron. All good.

Really good. Much quieter than some of the larger hostels but just what I needed. Very safe and very clean. Perfect way to enjoy Byron, very close to everything you need.

One of the best hostel I have stayed on in Australia. The staff was very friendly and made me feel like I was home. We did a tour walk whit the hostel to Byron bay light house which was very good, Tood from the hostel spotted a lot of animals I wouldn't have seen if I was going by myself. Definitely a good place to stay in Byron bay.

An alright hostel in a good location. Staff are really nice, rooms are average; the main two downsides are the lack of atmosphere and the bathrooms are quite gross. Other than that it really is fine, nothing amazing but I guess you're not paying for luxury! Also quite annoying how the kitchen is shut after 10pm and you have to put down a deposit for cutlery but that's standard in a chain hostel so can't complain too much :)

My stay at cape byron has been extended from 4 to 11 nights as the staff made me feel home while 20 000 km away from it. Tod's and his team are always happy to help , chilled and in a good mood. It's from far the best hostel i stayed in, and i would recommand it without a shadow of a doubt - thanks again guys for your friendliness and good vibe!

The staff was super friendly and the facilities were all fine. Good location in Byron.

Good location, close to the beach but not so close to clubs, in a quiet street of Byron. You can get to every part of Byron in a couple of min walking. The hostel itself is nice but the bathrooms are a bit dated and the kitchen not well maintained (stoves need a turnover). Everything is working anyway. I slept in a 5 mixed dorm and I can say that the room is pretty tiny. Many people live there and work in Byron so it could happen that you will find yourself into a friend-established group.

I really recommend this YHA, very close to the town and main beach. Room was comfortable, toilets and shower rooms are not bad, kitchen is also not wide. Wi-Fi aften doesn't works well. But this YHA itself has awesome atmosphere! And few Asian, so you can make Western friends easily here!

Good location and great staff!! Free lighthouse walk is a must, very informative and lucky enough to see whales and dolphins! Would definitely stay again :)

Good location. Showers were old and didn't work that well. Rooms were clean but very cold as well as the bathroom. Kitchen was pretty clean but looked old and you had to pay for plates and mugs.

Brilliant hostel, great location near to the beach, really nice friendly and helpful staff. It's quiet season at the moment so the hostel was kind of empty, but it meant I had a dorm to myself the first night and then only shared with one other for the rest of my stay. I'd highly recommend staying here if you want a chilled out stay in a nice clean hostel. I'm going to stay here again if I visit Byron Bay again.

We had a lovely time staying here! The staff were very friendly. We went on the free tour to the lighthouse with Todd who was lovely and offered a lot of encouragement despite us lagging behind on the walk! The tour was amazing and well worth it! The rooms were clean and the atmosphere was really good. The hostel is located right by restaurants and the beach which was fab! Definitely value for money and would recommend to others. Thanks for a really enjoyable stay!

Awesome hostel!!! The staff was very friendly! I had the chance to do the walking tour and the BBQ, which was very nice!! :)