Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were amazing and considering I left items in the safe and left for surfers they tried their hardest to get them to me, which I was greatful for! Clean, tidy and very good location. Would highly recommend, considering this was the first hostel I've ever stayed in!

Enjoyed my stay. Clean, friendly staff, and chill vibe, central location. Would stay again.

• 15th Sep 2014

The hostel was great. Met all my expectations, no complaints!

The bathrooms are very old and remind me on a campground, the kitchen is fully equiped but you have to hire the cutlery

Really good hostel. Had a good time. Weather wasnt great but couldnt help that. Would say the free wifi was good and they gonna go on to global gossip. Which i dont rate. Always have problems with it. Apart from that decent hostel and all the staff are cool. Would say they are abit strict with curfew in the tv room watched the grand prix and was only a few laps left and still got told they were closing up @ 11pm. Only moan really otherwise awesome. Joel is a good laugh and very friendly.

Great location, I came here to dive so having a dive shop attached made it really easy.

Loved this hostel, very helpfull staff, nice rooms.

Staff extremely cool guys, great coffee next door. Rooms were to a high standard. All round good Byron feeling. Cheers

Cape Byron YHA was awesome throughout our stay!! - really great staff, great social atmosphere, and laying by the pool was a treat :D

• 22nd Jul 2014

Really great staff!

I really loved cape Byron!! The best I have ever been!!

The staff here were incredible. They upgraded me to a smaller room since they had the availability and even helped me carry all my stuff to the room. I enjoyed the free wifi and the convenient location. Would definitely stay again.

I liked the hostel a lot. It's in a central location and offers a good atmosphere! The BBQ was awesome! The staff was super helpful and friendly! Only negative thing is the cutlery-system: You have to rent cutlery and there were no lockers in the rooms, so, someone stole my mug and bowl. You feel like you have to steal things back to get your money in the end, however, I reported this to the staff and got my money back!

Unfortunately there were drunk guys in our room who behaved like crzazy all night.... and checked out using our own keys. The staff was very nice about it however ! Nice hostel overall.

This YHA was a buzz with a lot of younger travelers, which makes sense, by the beach. It was well located and the staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. I guess Byron Bay is a Surf place so if you are in that generation and do that, this might be your perfect spot. If you are middle-aged, it's okay if you can be really flexible, but don't expect to bond with other people as easily as other YHA's or hostels worldwide. It depends somewhat on the time of year as well, I'm sure.

It would be nice to have accessible lockers. Some of the shower heads seemed to be falling off.

• 8th Apr 2014