Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

Great location, I came here to dive so having a dive shop attached made it really easy.

Loved this hostel, very helpfull staff, nice rooms.

Staff extremely cool guys, great coffee next door. Rooms were to a high standard. All round good Byron feeling. Cheers

Cape Byron YHA was awesome throughout our stay!! - really great staff, great social atmosphere, and laying by the pool was a treat :D

• 22nd Jul 2014

Really great staff!

I really loved cape Byron!! The best I have ever been!!

The staff here were incredible. They upgraded me to a smaller room since they had the availability and even helped me carry all my stuff to the room. I enjoyed the free wifi and the convenient location. Would definitely stay again.

I liked the hostel a lot. It's in a central location and offers a good atmosphere! The BBQ was awesome! The staff was super helpful and friendly! Only negative thing is the cutlery-system: You have to rent cutlery and there were no lockers in the rooms, so, someone stole my mug and bowl. You feel like you have to steal things back to get your money in the end, however, I reported this to the staff and got my money back!

Unfortunately there were drunk guys in our room who behaved like crzazy all night.... and checked out using our own keys. The staff was very nice about it however ! Nice hostel overall.

This YHA was a buzz with a lot of younger travelers, which makes sense, by the beach. It was well located and the staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. I guess Byron Bay is a Surf place so if you are in that generation and do that, this might be your perfect spot. If you are middle-aged, it's okay if you can be really flexible, but don't expect to bond with other people as easily as other YHA's or hostels worldwide. It depends somewhat on the time of year as well, I'm sure.

It would be nice to have accessible lockers. Some of the shower heads seemed to be falling off.

• 8th Apr 2014

The staff was very helpfull and friendly! The hostel is located very close to the beach and the center. There were not lockers in the rooms, so security was not that good, and toilets were only cleaned early in the morning, so by night there were not always in good conditions. Apart from that, it is an excellent place to stay!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Planned on staying for 5 nights ended up stay for 9 such a awesome hostel very easy to meet people... But there is no oven have to fry or microwave everything

Great hostel! Would stay there again anytime! Staff was really helpful in relation to booking trips and always really friendly! Location was awesome. Also pizza night at the hostel was awesome!