Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

It would be nice to have accessible lockers. Some of the shower heads seemed to be falling off.

• 8th Apr 2014

The staff was very helpfull and friendly! The hostel is located very close to the beach and the center. There were not lockers in the rooms, so security was not that good, and toilets were only cleaned early in the morning, so by night there were not always in good conditions. Apart from that, it is an excellent place to stay!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Planned on staying for 5 nights ended up stay for 9 such a awesome hostel very easy to meet people... But there is no oven have to fry or microwave everything

Great hostel! Would stay there again anytime! Staff was really helpful in relation to booking trips and always really friendly! Location was awesome. Also pizza night at the hostel was awesome!

Great hostel! I loved my stay at Cape Byron. It was a big enough that you could meet a lot of people, but small enough to be personal. The staff was very helpful and always remembered your name! Wifi was not working very well. But the rooms were clean and had OK standard. Perfect location close to the beach. Overall, a very good hostel!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

I enjoyed my stay at the YHA in Byron. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and helped me with all the activities I wanted to plan. I found the hostel itself a bit large, which meant that some of the community atmosphere was lacking compared with some of the other hostels I have stayed in. The wifi signal was also pretty restrictive. Apart from that though, the facilities were good, everything was clean and tidy. I would stay here again.

nice hostel with great staff and cool things to do

Great hostel. With friendly staff.

• 15th Feb 2014

Overall it was a very good hostel to stay @, rooms either need A/C or better air flow, hot and sticky!!!

The biggest negative is the fact there is no air conditioning and the wall fans do absolutely nothing. I put my hand in front of it and couldn't feel anything. Wifi is very dodgy too. Great location and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Really good vibe for meeting people and going out

Some excellent staff who were really helpful! Rubbish WiFi! Need more showers as too often I had to wait as only 3 per floor. Kitchen needed cleaning more often. Lockers would be helpful.

Awesome hostel. Had a lovely time. Staff is awesome. Great people. Big pool in the middle of the hostel so u don't have to go to the beach ;) Quiet but u can go partying. Only the kitchen was sad. Not enoug materials but still enough to cook.

WiFi was absolutely appalling for the 3 days I stayed there

This hostel was a great location and very friendly the staff were so helpful and I left a little bit in love with Joel who was so lovely that i developed a hostel crush

Nice Hostel, really nice and helpful staff! Kitchen was big, you get your own dishes for a deposit. Rooms were clean and big enough. Although there were some schoolies it's not a Party hostel.The statf reminds the Party guests to be calm at 11 pm. So you will find some sleep there.

I really loved stayin at this hostel. Speccially because of the staff. All of them were really friendly and helped me a lot with my issues. Specially Tod (i think thats his name ). but all of them were nice.

The 10 bed dorm was clean and spacious. Great kitchen and dining area, it's just a bit annoying that you have to pay a deposit for the plates and cutlery. Clean bathrooms. The staff was nice and helpfull. There was free wifi but it was more than slow, could not even read my emails.