Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

The staff was amazing and so was the free walking tour to the lighthouse! :D

I had a great time at Cape Byron YHA. The staff was so helpful and friendly and the free guided tour was fantastic. It was great to have free bicycles to borrow and it was quiet after 11 pm if you wanted an early night. The location was great, close to the beach and the city. The room and bathroom was basic and the kitchen was ok. I would stay here again.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel has a big pool and in general very good facilities, but it feels like they don't take care of it! The toilets, showers and kitchen were not clean the rooms were quite small (we stayed in a 5-bed dorm).

Free wifi was ridiculous slow. Blanket covers are not be changed and staff threw pillow and blanket on dirty carpet floor while making up beds. Free lighthouse tour was nice.

This hostel is the most expensive hostel I have stayed in, but kind of worth it :) guy on reception is fantastic goes out of his way to be friendly and helpful and remembers everybody's names!! Rooms are small but fit for purpose and clean. Kitchen and pool area were also nice and clean. Would definitely recommend :),

I had a brand new top taken from my bag in the room which ruined my stay here. The staff were really lovely and the location was perfect. Close to the beach and to the shops. Just remember you can never be to safe with your stuff! Oh and go to cheeky monkeys for $5 steak!

The staff were all super helpful and friendly. The room and bathrooms were clean and there was lots of activities. I would definitely stay here again!

reception staff are awesome, always there to help

A very very nice and clean hostel. I really enjoyed my stay at the YHA!! Lots of free stuff to do and to use. The lighthouse tour was absolutely amazing!! We saw whales, turtles, lizards and dolphins jumping. Thanks for this free tour. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Good place to meet other travelers, close to Aldi and the rest of attractions, you can chill out or hang out with people in the big balcony. Nights are quiet so you can sleep because of the curfew so people go party elsewhere after 11pm or so. I had good time there.

I had a positive stay and even though i was travelling alompne i felt pretty safe amd the staff were also friendly and helpful. A great location as in the city close to the shops bars clubs amd beach.

• 1st Oct 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were amazing and considering I left items in the safe and left for surfers they tried their hardest to get them to me, which I was greatful for! Clean, tidy and very good location. Would highly recommend, considering this was the first hostel I've ever stayed in!

Enjoyed my stay. Clean, friendly staff, and chill vibe, central location. Would stay again.

The hostel was great. Met all my expectations, no complaints!

The bathrooms are very old and remind me on a campground, the kitchen is fully equiped but you have to hire the cutlery

Really good hostel. Had a good time. Weather wasnt great but couldnt help that. Would say the free wifi was good and they gonna go on to global gossip. Which i dont rate. Always have problems with it. Apart from that decent hostel and all the staff are cool. Would say they are abit strict with curfew in the tv room watched the grand prix and was only a few laps left and still got told they were closing up @ 11pm. Only moan really otherwise awesome. Joel is a good laugh and very friendly.

Great location, I came here to dive so having a dive shop attached made it really easy.

Loved this hostel, very helpfull staff, nice rooms.

Staff extremely cool guys, great coffee next door. Rooms were to a high standard. All round good Byron feeling. Cheers

Cape Byron YHA was awesome throughout our stay!! - really great staff, great social atmosphere, and laying by the pool was a treat :D

• 22nd Jul 2014