Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

2200 hour quiet time not observed. Staff indifferent to our concerns.

• 21st Oct 2014

my bed sheets were stained in an off-puting way... otherwise the hostel was great!

• 10th Oct 2014

Good hostel but not well taken care of. Light fixtures are broken. Bathrooms not very clean but manageable. Saw a dead cockroach from the day before which again goes to the point for the need to take care of the place. Staff were nice and helpful. Location was really great and quiet.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Had a great stay at Cape Town Backpackers. If you go to Cape Town stay at Cape Town Backpackers and ask for Room Nr. 4. Try the Sowetan Toilet at the bar. Thanks to Lena and Sarah for making the days in the hostel even more fun.

• 24th Sep 2014

This place was excellent, really good end to my rtw trip. The staff were like friends, great advice on tours, where to shop etc. My bed was clean, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, it's got a great vibe but the bar shuts in time for sleep, great mixed cloud, it's in a great location. Just a good hostel, like a proper hostel should be. You can tell I liked it ;)

Had a great experience! Really appreciate the advice Andy gave me about tours and overlanding. Now on my way to Kenya:)

Good breakfast!

• 1st Sep 2014

Fantastic experience, meeting people was incredibly easy and even with people in and out on a daily basis my stuff was fine.

• 10th Aug 2014

Staff are fantastic, very enthusiastic and excited to help you make the most of your time in Cape Town.

• 6th Aug 2014

Breakfast is delicious, so are the drinks at the bar. Staff was very accommodating. Wi-Fi is very poor and should be fixed.

• 16th Jul 2014

We visited Cape Town for 7 days where we stayed on this fantastic hostel! The staff was so nice and could help you with everything! We also booked Wine tour, and Shark Cage Diving through them, with high success! We would come again!

A great, clean, fun hostel in a great location! The airport pick-up service they arrange is a major plus, and cheaper than a private taxi or other airport transfers. The 24 hour reception is also a godsend, especially after coming in on a late-night flight. All of the staff that I interacted with were extremely friendly and very helpful. From giving me tips on where to go, what to do, where to eat, to calling taxis and helping me get things together, definitely one of the best hostel staff!

I stayed at CTBP for 3 weeks and I would never stay anywhere else. It's in a really lovely safe area of Cape Town close to wonderful restaurants/bars/supermarkets and a short walk to Long St. I booked a wine tour through them and it was one of the most fantastic days. Excellent, well-equipped kitchen to cook in and great bathrooms with hot showers. Comfortable beds and plenty of storage space in the room. Lots of different areas to chill out and use the wifi, and a great bar to meet others!

Located in a safe area, staff are very helpful always, there are many garden courtyards and balconies to relax in as well as lounge areas, and everything is spotlessly clean. Highly recommended.

Such a brilliant hostel! It's in the ideal location away from all the noise on Long Street (but still close enough to happily grab a beer and food). The Victorian building is so beautiful and the layout of everything was great - including the well stocked bar welcoming you on your arrival! The staff are also incredibly helpful with advice about what to do around the city and country. Highly recommended! I'll certainly be back soon!

• 31st May 2014