Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

My stay was pleasant, nice laid-back atmosphere, cozy communal facilities and friendly staff! Breakfast is available paying extra, but good. Location is great w many restaurants&bars around the corner and downtown walking distance! Cons: I found 160 R a bit pricey for a 6 bed dorm, the showers could be in better shape and need more hooks to hang up your stuff, the lockers in the rooms are too small for a laptop and the communal kitchen is a bit abandoned on the lower floor. Would return anyway!

I cannot say enough great things about this hostel. Great location, secure, excellent staff, hot shower, and shockingly comfortable bed. I met so many interesting people in the hostel bar over the course of my 4 days that it made me sad to go home. I have been at hostels all over the world and Cape Town Backpackers is among the best! To be fair, the wifi is spotty, but there are Internet cafés close by and this is a minor trifle. I work over the internet and I was still able to get my work done.

1 2 Next » last »