Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

I really liked the hostel for a few reasons. They have great & chilled staff, love you guys! You are doing an amazing job to make everyone welcome. You work really hard but at the same time, you party together with us and are as much relaxed as everybody else. Another thing that I liked was the breakfast. You can have it till 1PM so no worries to miss breakfast. It is also cheap, lot of options to choose from and it is freshly made by the lovely girls. Keep up the good work!!

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

We loved the stay. Bit pricey for paying R350 per person to stay in a private room for two (but I'll blame that on the high season). But it was an awesome stay overall and I would recommend it to anyone at anytime.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • South Africa

My stay was pleasant, nice laid-back atmosphere, cozy communal facilities and friendly staff! Breakfast is available paying extra, but good. Location is great w many restaurants&bars around the corner and downtown walking distance! Cons: I found 160 R a bit pricey for a 6 bed dorm, the showers could be in better shape and need more hooks to hang up your stuff, the lockers in the rooms are too small for a laptop and the communal kitchen is a bit abandoned on the lower floor. Would return anyway!

I cannot say enough great things about this hostel. Great location, secure, excellent staff, hot shower, and shockingly comfortable bed. I met so many interesting people in the hostel bar over the course of my 4 days that it made me sad to go home. I have been at hostels all over the world and Cape Town Backpackers is among the best! To be fair, the wifi is spotty, but there are Internet cafés close by and this is a minor trifle. I work over the internet and I was still able to get my work done.

1 2 Next » last »