Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

Wow! Having circumnavigated South Africa on my motorbike, I stayed at Cape Town Backpackers. @81 New Church Street. I stayed at a dozen backpackers across the country. This one was by far and away the most friendly, with the best atmosphere. It's two minutes away from all the bars and clubs. With Rafikis, a really cool place,50 meters away. The dorms are well appointed, with everyone being respectful. You can book activities for everything. And have a Braai at night. It's been a pleasure.

• 26th Mar 2015

Best atmosphere ever.

Staff where excellent. They really made my stay as comfortable as possible. I Especially enjoyed the down at local atmosphere they always created with all the guests at the bar. Will definitely come back to enjoy a few cold ones.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

It is a nice place to stay where you can meet a lot of young people. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are cleaned every morning. Staff at the reception seemed to be bored and was not as helpful as I experienced it in others places. Don't store your bread in the baskets downstairs in the kitchen... mine got eaten by some animals.

Really nice staff and nice place to go.

Really awesome staff and vibe at this hostel. It's a great place for lone back packers looking to meet people and have a good time.

• 27th Jan 2015

Although I am an older person I was very happy with everything about my stay. The Staff were awesome and I was treated very well and really helped by there kindness and honesty

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • South Africa

A great hostel in Cape Town. I stayed for two weeks and have no complaints. The facilities are great, the staff is friendly, and the location is top notch. A great place to stay to make great friends and memories.

1 2 Next » last »