Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

A thin matress on the beds would really make them a lot more comftable.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Norway

Staff, location, and price were absolutely wonderful! Highly recommended!

• 18th Oct 2015

Very friendly staff, facilities could use with more under beds etc

• 14th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

I have spent just over two weeks at Capetown Backpackers as part of my travels and I can honestly say I have loved every minute of staying here. The staff are so friendly and helpful, they really can't do enough to help you out with any queries or bookings that you want to make and they become more like your friends than staff. I feel like my time here has gone too quickly, I will be very sad to leave & will miss everyone that has made my stay so enjoyable.

• 12th Oct 2015

Before the stay: I was given all the relevant information needed to ensure I knew exactly where to be and at what time; stayed 4 nights 1d During my stay: Fantastic staff team! Very helpful in many ways and always made one feel entirely welcomed. The people staying at the hostel were also very friendly and I met some incredible individuals during my stay. Security was never in question and there were always helpful hints of things to do. The farmhouse breakfast was the closest I tasted of home.

• 21st Sep 2015

This is a great hostel in a great location. Lots of character and charm and very friendly/helpful owners and staff. The common areas and bar make it very easy to meet other travelers. Excellent value. You can't go wrong staying here. Highly recommended.

We had bunk beds in our room Nr. 27, which weren't really safe in use: one of tem was damaged, there were struttings missing, so it was unsteadly, and on both screws sticked out you had to take care not to be injured from.

• 6th Sep 2015

Hi Hubert, Thanks for your frank review. We understand your concerns since you were travelling with children. You probably noticed the new paint job in the room; that's because we are renovating room-by-room when availability allows - we were aware of the issue. You'll be happy to know that we have had all the bunk beds in the room stabilized in the last week. Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and our other offerings though! :-)

I had an excellent time at this hostel. The staff is amazing and I felt like family when I left.

• 31st Aug 2015

Had a great time with great accommodations!

• 29th Aug 2015

Happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and sorry we didn't get to see you before you left. thanks for the review! :-)

Great location if you want to party in Long Street but don't want the noise (a short distance). Matt, the manager slash taekwondo master, is super nice and helpful. Kitchen looked nice but I never used it. Bummer no lockers, but they store small things behind the bar for you. Bar and lots of common areas make the atmosphere fun. The rooms are not beautiful, but they are somewhat comfortable. Definitely a backpackers place (with some locals), but I enjoyed it for the people I met there!

The staff was super helpful and the secure parking was an added bonus. Good location, fun environment.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the review :-)

The breakfast staff had horrible attitudes.

Cape Town Backpackers was a fantastic place to stay as a solo traveler! It was inexpensive, within walking distance of most attractions, and the staff was incredibly helpful! They helped arrange airport pickup, car rental and gave lots of good solid advice about exploring logistics. There are always other solo travelers who are game to explore with you! I extended my stay after a few days and would definitely stay there again if I ever head to Cape Town!

• 12th Aug 2015

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the recommendations we gave for your road trip around the peninsular. Hope to see you again soon! Thanks for the review :-)

1 2 Next » last »