Cape Town Backpackers

8.7
Fabulous 1041 Total Reviews

• Austria, Female, 31-40
12th Jul 2017

Awesome location, VERY nice staff and a nice chill atmosphere. I travelled a lot before but this hostel is top 3. thank you girls 😊

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
4th Jul 2017
6.0

We were not impressed with our stay at Cape Town Backpackers. The rooms are pretty run down, the wifi connection is terrible (only works well in main lobby), and there was no friendly/welcoming vibe from the staff or guests. Although the breakfast option is inexpensive (5 ZAR), the food selection is pretty meager - yogurt, muesli, one piece of toast, and instant coffee.

• USA, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2017

We stayed at several different hostels in Cape Town and Cape Town Backpackers was by far our favorite hostel in town. Doniel, Leo, and Vanessa made my friend and I feel at home the second we stepped through the door and we're always so friendly and helpful.The hostel has a great location easy for walking to kloof or long street.. it is always tidy and clean and has a great hang out space and bar area to meet other travelers. I highly reccoment staying at this hostel!!

25th May 2017

Ideal location near Long Street, Table Mountain, Lion's Head, and shopping. Very fairly priced.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th May 2017

The hostel stay was wonderful. Great central location to walk to places (Waterfront) and a close to drive to Table Mountain & Lions Head Mountain. Facilities were kept clean, water was hot. Staff was very helpful, it was great someone was available 24/7 if needed. If i was to add a few things i would add More outlets into 6 person dorm rooms (2 is not enough.) Some of the beds could use either being oiled or replaced as they were extremely squeaky. Street parking was fine no issues.

• danielsant1401
  • Malta, Male, 18-24
6th May 2017

+++Very nice and helpful staff, good internet connection throughout and clean facilities. Location is great - at the centre of Cape Town and a fifteen minute walk from the feet of Signal Hill, Lion's Head and Table Mountain. ---No individual power outlets for each bed (just two outlets for a dorm of six people!). A 5% charge applies on credit/debit cards.

• road2parin
  • India, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

I stayed at this place for 7 nights with my parents and it was a good experience. This place is located in the center of the city which is a plus point. The healthy breakfast was included during the stay where they served combination of Muesli-yoghurt-fruits which was nice but daily, it was the same and no variety. I think they need to plan to install a fan in the rooms as it gets hotter in the daytime. Overall, these are minor things otherwise we were always welcomed and helped with a smile.

Hi Parin, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear you had a good experience. We are definitely working on changes to our complimentary breakfast. We also have fans in our rooms, and i checked the room you have stayed in. It was on the top of the cupboard, could be that one of the ladies moved it whilst cleaning I do apologize for that. Our team wish you all the best with your travels and hope you will visit again. :) Best Regards CTBP team

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
30th Mar 2017

Lovely, helpful and friendly staffs, Camille, Doniel, Leo. While i stayed in this hostel everything was just perfect. And I liked theirs breakfast. It was my first stop in cape town. After spend first day and I decided to stay here a few days longer. Location is good for walk to long street and vert quiet at night.

Hi Yerin, Thank you so much for making time to write us a review. It was great to have you here with us!! We wishing you all the best with your journey of exploring the world and hope that one day you will visit us again. Best wishes CTBP Team

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

I can't say enough about this property. James and Doniel were extremely welcoming hosts, as well as the rest of the staff. There was always someone there 24/7 to happily assist with questions about the area. I like this property because while there are areas to socialize it isn't a party hostel. I like that it's a very short walk/uber to long st because you avoid the loud scene but can access it easily. I had room 10 and it was clean with my own bath and patio. Highly reccommend to my clients.

Good day, Hope you doing well.:) It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. Wishing you all the best and hope you will visit our beautiful city again soon. Best regards Doniel

• Sweden, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Mar 2017
7.7

Clean and nice hostel. Good location. Sometimes the staff was rude and we hade to wait a lot to get some service.