Cape Town Backpackers

Fabulous 1030 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1030 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th May 2017

The hostel stay was wonderful. Great central location to walk to places (Waterfront) and a close to drive to Table Mountain & Lions Head Mountain. Facilities were kept clean, water was hot. Staff was very helpful, it was great someone was available 24/7 if needed. If i was to add a few things i would add More outlets into 6 person dorm rooms (2 is not enough.) Some of the beds could use either being oiled or replaced as they were extremely squeaky. Street parking was fine no issues.

• danielsant1401
  • Malta, Male, 18-24
6th May 2017

+++Very nice and helpful staff, good internet connection throughout and clean facilities. Location is great - at the centre of Cape Town and a fifteen minute walk from the feet of Signal Hill, Lion's Head and Table Mountain. ---No individual power outlets for each bed (just two outlets for a dorm of six people!). A 5% charge applies on credit/debit cards.

• road2parin
  • India, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

I stayed at this place for 7 nights with my parents and it was a good experience. This place is located in the center of the city which is a plus point. The healthy breakfast was included during the stay where they served combination of Muesli-yoghurt-fruits which was nice but daily, it was the same and no variety. I think they need to plan to install a fan in the rooms as it gets hotter in the daytime. Overall, these are minor things otherwise we were always welcomed and helped with a smile.

Hi Parin, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear you had a good experience. We are definitely working on changes to our complimentary breakfast. We also have fans in our rooms, and i checked the room you have stayed in. It was on the top of the cupboard, could be that one of the ladies moved it whilst cleaning I do apologize for that. Our team wish you all the best with your travels and hope you will visit again. :) Best Regards CTBP team

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
30th Mar 2017

Lovely, helpful and friendly staffs, Camille, Doniel, Leo. While i stayed in this hostel everything was just perfect. And I liked theirs breakfast. It was my first stop in cape town. After spend first day and I decided to stay here a few days longer. Location is good for walk to long street and vert quiet at night.

Hi Yerin, Thank you so much for making time to write us a review. It was great to have you here with us!! We wishing you all the best with your journey of exploring the world and hope that one day you will visit us again. Best wishes CTBP Team

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

I can't say enough about this property. James and Doniel were extremely welcoming hosts, as well as the rest of the staff. There was always someone there 24/7 to happily assist with questions about the area. I like this property because while there are areas to socialize it isn't a party hostel. I like that it's a very short walk/uber to long st because you avoid the loud scene but can access it easily. I had room 10 and it was clean with my own bath and patio. Highly reccommend to my clients.

Good day, Hope you doing well.:) It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. Wishing you all the best and hope you will visit our beautiful city again soon. Best regards Doniel

• Sweden, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Mar 2017
7.7

Clean and nice hostel. Good location. Sometimes the staff was rude and we hade to wait a lot to get some service.

6th Mar 2017
6.0

Nothing more than a warm bed really. Staff was weird and gave off a good vibe and there was no vibe at all among visitors. A lot of strict rules for absolutely no reason it seemed.

• India, Male, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

Would strongly recommend go anyone looking for a place. Couldn't ask for more.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

I loved staying at the Cape Town BackPackers. I didnt have any problems, I spent two great weeks. I would especially like to thank the Staffs! Very polite.

• South Africa, Female, 41+
20th Feb 2017

Really enjoyed my stay and will go back any day. I can however advise that signs should be put up to remind the visitors that there is a water shortage and that taps need to be closed properly, especially in the showers.