Cape Town Backpackers

8.4
Fabulous 1014 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

I can't say enough about this property. James and Doniel were extremely welcoming hosts, as well as the rest of the staff. There was always someone there 24/7 to happily assist with questions about the area. I like this property because while there are areas to socialize it isn't a party hostel. I like that it's a very short walk/uber to long st because you avoid the loud scene but can access it easily. I had room 10 and it was clean with my own bath and patio. Highly reccommend to my clients.

• India, Male, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

Would strongly recommend go anyone looking for a place. Couldn't ask for more.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

I loved staying at the Cape Town BackPackers. I didnt have any problems, I spent two great weeks. I would especially like to thank the Staffs! Very polite.

• South Africa, Female, 41+
20th Feb 2017

Really enjoyed my stay and will go back any day. I can however advise that signs should be put up to remind the visitors that there is a water shortage and that taps need to be closed properly, especially in the showers.

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Great staff - very accommodating when the bookings were messed up due to booking through hostelworld.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Jan 2017

I really enjoyed this hostel. Location was easy enough to walk to the city, but also quiet so you could get a good nights sleep. The smaller dorms have Powerpoints/lights at each bed whereas the larger 10 bed dorm doesn't. The free brekky is delicious & the staff are really friendly. Would recommend this hostel.

• wilmas_books235
  • USA, Female, 41+
25th Jan 2017

This was my first stop. A shuttle wasn't at the airport for me and later heard that they don't do that any more. Oh well. Harry/James was a very personal man that helped me there. I asked what I should call him and he said "Harry", later he told me his name was James. I was the oldest hosteler there, I'm 60 and it didn't bother me. I did love the breakfast that was included. It was granola and yogurt and fresh fruit on top. Very tasty and filling. I walked everywhere that first week.

16th Jan 2017
7.7

Good hostel, clean rooms, friendly staff, good level of security. Kitchen was well stocked but a bit dirty.

• South Africa, Female, 41+
16th Jan 2017
5.4

A lot of sand on the floor and no bed mats to remove the sand from the feet. Just not what we have expected from the photos that we have seen. Motor cars are not secure although it was said on the website.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
5th Jan 2017
6.3

Definitely could do with installing few more power points in the dorms or bathrooms. Make sure you charge your batteries before you visit, and buy some cereal for breakfast as it isn't provided