Cape Town Backpackers

8.4
Fabulous 1024 Total Reviews

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
30th Mar 2017

Lovely, helpful and friendly staffs, Camille, Doniel, Leo. While i stayed in this hostel everything was just perfect. And I liked theirs breakfast. It was my first stop in cape town. After spend first day and I decided to stay here a few days longer. Location is good for walk to long street and vert quiet at night.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

I can't say enough about this property. James and Doniel were extremely welcoming hosts, as well as the rest of the staff. There was always someone there 24/7 to happily assist with questions about the area. I like this property because while there are areas to socialize it isn't a party hostel. I like that it's a very short walk/uber to long st because you avoid the loud scene but can access it easily. I had room 10 and it was clean with my own bath and patio. Highly reccommend to my clients.

Good day, Hope you doing well.:) It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. Wishing you all the best and hope you will visit our beautiful city again soon. Best regards Doniel

• Sweden, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Mar 2017
7.7

Clean and nice hostel. Good location. Sometimes the staff was rude and we hade to wait a lot to get some service.

6th Mar 2017
6.0

Nothing more than a warm bed really. Staff was weird and gave off a good vibe and there was no vibe at all among visitors. A lot of strict rules for absolutely no reason it seemed.

• India, Male, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

Would strongly recommend go anyone looking for a place. Couldn't ask for more.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

I loved staying at the Cape Town BackPackers. I didnt have any problems, I spent two great weeks. I would especially like to thank the Staffs! Very polite.

• South Africa, Female, 41+
20th Feb 2017

Really enjoyed my stay and will go back any day. I can however advise that signs should be put up to remind the visitors that there is a water shortage and that taps need to be closed properly, especially in the showers.

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Great staff - very accommodating when the bookings were messed up due to booking through hostelworld.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Jan 2017

I really enjoyed this hostel. Location was easy enough to walk to the city, but also quiet so you could get a good nights sleep. The smaller dorms have Powerpoints/lights at each bed whereas the larger 10 bed dorm doesn't. The free brekky is delicious & the staff are really friendly. Would recommend this hostel.

• wilmas_books235
  • USA, Female, 41+
25th Jan 2017

This was my first stop. A shuttle wasn't at the airport for me and later heard that they don't do that any more. Oh well. Harry/James was a very personal man that helped me there. I asked what I should call him and he said "Harry", later he told me his name was James. I was the oldest hosteler there, I'm 60 and it didn't bother me. I did love the breakfast that was included. It was granola and yogurt and fresh fruit on top. Very tasty and filling. I walked everywhere that first week.