Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

Fantastic experience, meeting people was incredibly easy and even with people in and out on a daily basis my stuff was fine.

• 10th Aug 2014

Breakfast is delicious, so are the drinks at the bar. Staff was very accommodating. Wi-Fi is very poor and should be fixed.

• 16th Jul 2014

We visited Cape Town for 7 days where we stayed on this fantastic hostel! The staff was so nice and could help you with everything! We also booked Wine tour, and Shark Cage Diving through them, with high success! We would come again!

A great, clean, fun hostel in a great location! The airport pick-up service they arrange is a major plus, and cheaper than a private taxi or other airport transfers. The 24 hour reception is also a godsend, especially after coming in on a late-night flight. All of the staff that I interacted with were extremely friendly and very helpful. From giving me tips on where to go, what to do, where to eat, to calling taxis and helping me get things together, definitely one of the best hostel staff!

I stayed at CTBP for 3 weeks and I would never stay anywhere else. It's in a really lovely safe area of Cape Town close to wonderful restaurants/bars/supermarkets and a short walk to Long St. I booked a wine tour through them and it was one of the most fantastic days. Excellent, well-equipped kitchen to cook in and great bathrooms with hot showers. Comfortable beds and plenty of storage space in the room. Lots of different areas to chill out and use the wifi, and a great bar to meet others!

Located in a safe area, staff are very helpful always, there are many garden courtyards and balconies to relax in as well as lounge areas, and everything is spotlessly clean. Highly recommended.

Such a brilliant hostel! It's in the ideal location away from all the noise on Long Street (but still close enough to happily grab a beer and food). The Victorian building is so beautiful and the layout of everything was great - including the well stocked bar welcoming you on your arrival! The staff are also incredibly helpful with advice about what to do around the city and country. Highly recommended! I'll certainly be back soon!

• 31st May 2014

Hostel has good potential. Atmosphere was quite quiet but I appreciate that was probably according to the time of year. The kitchen cleaning staff were very good! And some staff were very helpful! Will be back though as location was good I thought!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Meg_hudson

Great place! Very helpful staff!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

It was a clean and safe place to stay in a good location but it didn't have the best atmosphere. other than in the bar there wasn't a great place to meet new people or relax - we felt reluctant to return of an afternoon with nothing to do there.

• 16th Apr 2014

Highly recommended!! I've stayed before and the place never fails to impress me. The staff are always ready to help and are incredibly helpful with planning trips around Cape Town and Africa - a lot of them have personal experience all over the country (and some interesting stories too!) The location is perfect near a lot of restaurants etc but not right on the craziness that is Long St. Thanks guys! See you all soon :)

I had a great time there! Thanks to Jerad from Cape Town Backpackers. :)

Perfect place to enjoy the city

• 12th Apr 2014

I didn't care for having to be so close to all of the smokers. Smokers were right outside our door and very close to the kitchen. I would also have expected to have our room cleaned and fresh towels during our two week stay. I did love the location though and the staff did help,us get some tours set up.

• 8th Apr 2014

I enjoyed my stay here very much. The staff were all very helpful and kind, and the rooms were on-par with what you expect for the price. It's proximate to many wonderful restaurants without it being in the middle of the action. One minor issue was with the common space. There is a small, covered courtyard-like space that is open to smokers, and I could sense some of that smoke in the adjacent common areas. Being sensitive to smoke, I didn't feel very comfortable hanging out in those areas.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Japan

This place was really great--great location, staff, security. Overall a warm atmosphere with very nice people.

• 23rd Mar 2014

We were in Cape Town for the argus cycle race. These guys were great, went out of their way to help, we had secure cycle storage, a proper private car park for the bike trailers. We didn't eat because we were out but they laid on a pasta meal on the Saturday night and then let us check out and shower after we had finished. .The room was clean and tidy, and the beer was cheap when we got back! Really good, thanks we will be back next year.

Great place for staying in Cape Town. Easy walk to Long Street. Short cab to Camps Bay. Would stay again for sure.

← Back to search results