Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

funny staff, good food and place in the city and happy people :-) perfect

• 27th Apr 2015

it was quite dirty, inlcuding bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms. i would have felt much more comfortable in a cleaner environment.dish washing is supposed to be done after using it and not left behind dirty till the next morning. apart from that did i enjoy the stay there. close to bus stopps and long street, nice staff and good prices as well as infos on trips. and i met really nice ppl there ;)

Great and, clean and friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• 9th Apr 2015

Awesome place! Time of my life with friendly people and amazing staff! Perfect location to go out in the evening, close to many restaurants and shopping malls, bus stops and close to Long Street! Many interesting tours to book at reception. Greets to Deria, Justine, Matt, Jarryd and Niklas!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Poland

The location is great, very close to Long Street. The Hostel offers a good breakfast for only a few Rand. Unfortunately they do not clean the public kitchen very often and they do not check the fridges for stuff that needs to be thrown out.. There is barely space in the fridges left and lots of stuff that should go in the trash!

• 6th Apr 2015

I loved every second of my stay at Cape Town Backpackers, My room was great and everyone who i shared with was friendly and kept quiet when coming in late at night. The staff were really friendly and helped me book all my tours around Cape Town. The breakfast was a bargin and i really enjoyed the Xhosa meal night that the staff cooked for all the guests. I met other travelers and chatted over drinks at the bar in the hostel and the free luggage storage and secure parking was really helpful!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks you guys! Loved Cape and loved the backpackers. Staff were awesome, even the cleaning ladies got involved in the shenanigans after preparing a delicious meal for us. HOME AWAY FROM HOME! Gonna miss you guys but hope to see you again soon! Tip for those heading there... If you're gonna do the shark cage dive, take motion sickness pills in case you get sea sick!!! Not ideal being out on the ocean losing your lunch. (and perhaps a diaper if you do the parachute jump #justsaying)

• 29th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

staff were killer!!! They knew everything about everything in Cape Town. Great location with Long street not too far and Cloof street just a few minutes away, so awesome bars and restaurants close by, and beaches just a cab away. Staff booked all my tours and talked me into skydiving which was amazing and also pant moistening. Mpumi, the cook does a killer breakfast and has enough bacon to cure any hangover. The hostel also did south african braais every few days which was awesome! STAY THERE!

• 29th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

The sign on the wall "Be nice or go home" sums it up...

• 27th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Wow! Having circumnavigated South Africa on my motorbike, I stayed at Cape Town Backpackers. @81 New Church Street. I stayed at a dozen backpackers across the country. This one was by far and away the most friendly, with the best atmosphere. It's two minutes away from all the bars and clubs. With Rafikis, a really cool place,50 meters away. The dorms are well appointed, with everyone being respectful. You can book activities for everything. And have a Braai at night. It's been a pleasure.

• 26th Mar 2015

Best atmosphere ever.

Staff where excellent. They really made my stay as comfortable as possible. I Especially enjoyed the down at local atmosphere they always created with all the guests at the bar. Will definitely come back to enjoy a few cold ones.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

It is a nice place to stay where you can meet a lot of young people. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are cleaned every morning. Staff at the reception seemed to be bored and was not as helpful as I experienced it in others places. Don't store your bread in the baskets downstairs in the kitchen... mine got eaten by some animals.

Really nice staff and nice place to go.

Really awesome staff and vibe at this hostel. It's a great place for lone back packers looking to meet people and have a good time.

• 27th Jan 2015

Although I am an older person I was very happy with everything about my stay. The Staff were awesome and I was treated very well and really helped by there kindness and honesty

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • South Africa

A great hostel in Cape Town. I stayed for two weeks and have no complaints. The facilities are great, the staff is friendly, and the location is top notch. A great place to stay to make great friends and memories.

I've been in few other hostels around Cape Town, but this is my favourite one. Staff is amazing and they always take care about good atmosphere. It's a great place to meet new friends. Definitely worth to stay a bit longer there.

Very nice hostel. I would definitely recommend that you stay here. Only the proximity to the road troubled my sleep at times (very loud vehicles roaming by). But maybe that's only problem of the room I stayed at, which was upstairs. Overall a good hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay at Cape Town Backpackers. I was instantly included in the activities in the hostel and felt like I was joining a family rather than passing through an unfamiliar hostel.

← Back to search results