Cape Town Backpackers Reviews

New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

It would be nice in the shower to have a soap and shampoo holder as you need to put it on the floor. It will also be nice to have a light next to each bed as I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and there was only one lamp in the room although luckily I was the only person in the room and could use it,yah!

Good call with the soap holders - we'll certainly look in to that. Also, we're re-doing our dorms, and putting light fixtures and plug points by each bed - the dorm you were in was previously a private room, so we have't gotten to it just yet! Appreciate your review - feedback like yours really helps ! Hope to see you again soon!

Good Hostel , hostel no 206 on my list so yep , seen a lot.

WoW! 206 hostels! That's incredible! Glad you've enjoyed being with us, and thanks for the review!

Good place, facilities good , nice special came in handy for me in my time of need.

I see that you've also extended your stay with us.- glad to hear that you've enjoyed being here. Thanks for the review!

Very nice thanks I had a good stay everyone was cool

• 7th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for the review - when you have a break from your work out in Somerset West pop by again, it is basically just up the road - and definitely pop by again before you head back home to NZ!!! :-)

Friendly Staff who is knowledgeable about the area and willing to help you with anything!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks for the review Ms S :-) We're fortunate to be located in a cool area and our team does tend to get about a lot because of that, so know the area well (mostly the local bars ;-) ) Hope to see you again soon!

Thanks you guys! Loved Cape and loved the backpackers. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for the review "Jrelias" :-) Sorry about the weather, we did order sun, but unfortunately it was not delivered. Hope you've enjoyed all the tours you've booked with us and gotten the most out of your stay, despite the downpour of rain we've had!

Our rooms weren't cleaned and very dirty on arrival, doors locked but always opened after return. Breakfast was good though.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. Our cleaning staff tend to each room daily, and mess may be created after the staff have done their rounds. Our housekeepers lock the doors after tending to each occupied room and it is likely that another guest may have left the room unlocked - with our 24hr staffing, CCTV cameras scattered around the hostel and key code access to the hostel, you items are still secure :-) Thanks for the review!

Great staff, the atmosphere with the other people backpacking is awesome. It's ideally located 1min far from kloof street and 5min far from long street. Ottherwise it's also close to public transports, shops, and touristic sites like table mountain or the waterfront. If I go back to cape town I'll go there again.

Glad you enjoyed yourself - our location in the city center does make the hostel really special - hope to see you again soon, and thanks fr the review!

There was no wifi for most of our time there and staff did nothing to help this. If you need wifi to communicate, get ubers, online bank, etc. do not stay here.

• 19th May 2015

Hi, It is Africa, and sometimes our internet service providers are not altogether reliable! Our Wifi issues are now resolved so you can Uber to heart's content next time you're in town (or we can call a cab for you)! Hopefully the lack of internet access to not detract from the wonderful sights in the city and you still had a great holiday. Thanks for the review!

Five star! As a visiting student, Cape Town Backpackers was a great place to stay while I was sorting out more long term accommodation. The staff was friendly and very helpful and the vibe was super chill. Thanks for a great introduction to Cape Town!

• 8th May 2015

Sorry I ran off with your luggage room key!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Not a problem at all, we've got spare keys for days!!!!! Hope you enjoyed your stay, and thanks for the review!!! :-)

funny staff, good food and place in the city and happy people :-) perfect

• 27th Apr 2015

Glad you enjoyed the stay and we loved having you here, We were all a bit sad to hear that you won't be coming back to Cape Town soon, but hope that you do come back eventually! Thanks for the review!

it was quite dirty, inlcuding bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms. i would have felt much more comfortable in a cleaner environment.dish washing is supposed to be done after using it and not left behind dirty till the next morning. apart from that did i enjoy the stay there. close to bus stopps and long street, nice staff and good prices as well as infos on trips. and i met really nice ppl there ;)

The bathrooms and bedrooms will tend to be a bit "used" when the hostel is very busy, but our hardworking housekeeping staff do get into every corner of the house each day, and sometimes facilities are used after they have done their rounds. The kitchen... you are 100% right!!! It is a communal kitchen and users are supposed to wash their own dishes after use. If they don't it may sit until our housekeeping staff get on duty and are able to clean up after them. Thanks for the review!!!

Great and, clean and friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• 9th Apr 2015

Awesome place! Time of my life with friendly people and amazing staff! Perfect location to go out in the evening, close to many restaurants and shopping malls, bus stops and close to Long Street! Many interesting tours to book at reception. Greets to Deria, Justine, Matt, Jarryd and Niklas!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Poland

The location is great, very close to Long Street. The Hostel offers a good breakfast for only a few Rand. Unfortunately they do not clean the public kitchen very often and they do not check the fridges for stuff that needs to be thrown out.. There is barely space in the fridges left and lots of stuff that should go in the trash!

• 6th Apr 2015

I loved every second of my stay at Cape Town Backpackers, My room was great and everyone who i shared with was friendly and kept quiet when coming in late at night. The staff were really friendly and helped me book all my tours around Cape Town. The breakfast was a bargin and i really enjoyed the Xhosa meal night that the staff cooked for all the guests. I met other travelers and chatted over drinks at the bar in the hostel and the free luggage storage and secure parking was really helpful!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks you guys! Loved Cape and loved the backpackers. Staff were awesome, even the cleaning ladies got involved in the shenanigans after preparing a delicious meal for us. HOME AWAY FROM HOME! Gonna miss you guys but hope to see you again soon! Tip for those heading there... If you're gonna do the shark cage dive, take motion sickness pills in case you get sea sick!!! Not ideal being out on the ocean losing your lunch. (and perhaps a diaper if you do the parachute jump #justsaying)

• 29th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

staff were killer!!! They knew everything about everything in Cape Town. Great location with Long street not too far and Cloof street just a few minutes away, so awesome bars and restaurants close by, and beaches just a cab away. Staff booked all my tours and talked me into skydiving which was amazing and also pant moistening. Mpumi, the cook does a killer breakfast and has enough bacon to cure any hangover. The hostel also did south african braais every few days which was awesome! STAY THERE!

• 29th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

The sign on the wall "Be nice or go home" sums it up...

• 27th Mar 2015