Cape Town Backpackers

8.2
Fabulous 995 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Great staff - very accommodating when the bookings were messed up due to booking through hostelworld.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Jan 2017

I really enjoyed this hostel. Location was easy enough to walk to the city, but also quiet so you could get a good nights sleep. The smaller dorms have Powerpoints/lights at each bed whereas the larger 10 bed dorm doesn't. The free brekky is delicious & the staff are really friendly. Would recommend this hostel.

• wilmas_books235
  • USA, Female, 41+
25th Jan 2017

This was my first stop. A shuttle wasn't at the airport for me and later heard that they don't do that any more. Oh well. Harry/James was a very personal man that helped me there. I asked what I should call him and he said "Harry", later he told me his name was James. I was the oldest hosteler there, I'm 60 and it didn't bother me. I did love the breakfast that was included. It was granola and yogurt and fresh fruit on top. Very tasty and filling. I walked everywhere that first week.

16th Jan 2017
7.7

Good hostel, clean rooms, friendly staff, good level of security. Kitchen was well stocked but a bit dirty.

• South Africa, Female, 41+
16th Jan 2017
5.4

A lot of sand on the floor and no bed mats to remove the sand from the feet. Just not what we have expected from the photos that we have seen. Motor cars are not secure although it was said on the website.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
5th Jan 2017
6.3

Definitely could do with installing few more power points in the dorms or bathrooms. Make sure you charge your batteries before you visit, and buy some cereal for breakfast as it isn't provided

2nd Jan 2017
8.0

The staff was absolutely outstanding and very helpful throughout my stay. The facilities themselves were decent, but not the cleanest I stayed in during my stay in Cape Town. There's a bar within the hostel that makes a great atmosphere for meeting other backpackers and socializing.

28th Dec 2016
5.4

They do not have secured car parking. We need park on the road . Someone broke into our car and robbed all our stuff.

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016
6.9

After 5 nights in the dorms wouldn't recommend. The rooms are clean, the showers and kitchen satisfactory. But with the exception of the girl in reception on day shifts who was extremely friendly and helpful, I found the staff surprisingly rude at times. main culprits the English owner of the hostel and the guy behind the bar. It didn't seem rare for stuff to be stolen in and around the hostel, the 10 o'clock noise curfew killed the vibe. And my bed kept being given away. Overcharge on tours.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
29th Nov 2016
4.9

I wouldnt reccomend this hostel. The showers and bathroom facilities were rather dirty and rundown. Some of the staffmembers acted a bit weird and unfriendly, pushing to buy expensive bustickets or not willing to tell the charge of a small amount of laundry (and charging a 100 rand, way too much, afterwards). My most expensive shorts 'disappeared' during laundry. The guy thats probably the manager didnt do good to the atmosphere, quite a dominant character (shouting at staff, etc.).