Cape Town Backpackers

10th Sep 2017

I was very happy with my stay . Big thanks to Zubray

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Sep 2017

We loved it here! Two nght stay turned into five nights - it was close enough to all the pubs and clubs with a 5 minute walk without all the noise when you want a quiet night. Very close to everything you want to do and staff were very friendly and helpful in every aspect! Free breakfast every morning of toast and museli - only thing would be there was one creaky bed in the dorm everytime that person moved and some showers were rubbish -the rest were great so make sure you try before getting in!

• dmgerolamy
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
8th Sep 2017

I loved this hostel. The staff are great, clean place, great atmosphere, good wifi, and the included breakfast was great as well. I ended up extending my stay an extra week and definitely don't regret it. The only downside is there are limited to no chargers in the rooms, but lots of places to charge your devices throughout the hostel. Definitely recommend for your Cape Town stay

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
4th Sep 2017
6.0

the stay here was a bummer, beds were too short for a tall person and blocked by steel footend (own mistake though by not watching the photos accurately). Also beds were crappy and very soft, with a 'crater' in the middle. Kitchen was good. Personnel was friendly (Doniel, Leocardia, Mike), though first welcome by the boss was not very welcoming. Breakfast here suchs, only 1 sandwich and for R10 you can get an extra one. For R14 you can get a whole bread in the shop around the corner!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
29th Aug 2017

It was amazing! Came there on my own and met a bunch of awesome people. The atmosphere is really open-minded and welcoming. The staff is friendly and helping wherever possible. At the end I extended my stay for another 3 nights and found friends with whom to travel along the way. The facilities are well maintained and nothing to complain about. When coming back to Cape Town I will definitely choose this hostel again!

• USA, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2017

I only spent a night but I thought the space was amazing. Very relaxed environment. Staff was very friendly and very accommodating. I had to leave early in the morning for my flight and was still able to get breakfast to go! Great time!

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2017

Capetown Backpackers is a lovely hostel in a great location! The staff make you feel at home and the facilities provided are excellent! I would highly recommend this hostel!

21st Jul 2017
6.3

This was a hostel that served its purpose. After a long flight, I needed to crash and sleep in a bed. The staff was very helpful and friendly, minus one individual who might be staff or friends with staff. He was a bit creepy and I delayed my shower until I knew he was in his room. The place is perfectly fine for male travelers, but it added an additional security concern for female travelers. Last, I recommend more outlets in the dorm rooms.

• Austria, Female, 31-40
12th Jul 2017

Awesome location, VERY nice staff and a nice chill atmosphere. I travelled a lot before but this hostel is top 3. thank you girls 😊

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
4th Jul 2017
6.0

We were not impressed with our stay at Cape Town Backpackers. The rooms are pretty run down, the wifi connection is terrible (only works well in main lobby), and there was no friendly/welcoming vibe from the staff or guests. Although the breakfast option is inexpensive (5 ZAR), the food selection is pretty meager - yogurt, muesli, one piece of toast, and instant coffee.

×