7.9
Very Good 952 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 952 Total Reviews
Cape Town Backpackers Located at New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town.
South Africa
Cape Town 8001 New Church Street 81, Tamboerskloof
79% 952
-33.9285903 18.4094085
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Couldn't rate this place enough. The staff are what makes it so special, they are always so down to earth, helpful and happy! Would definitely come back.

• South Africa, Male, 31-40
7th Jun 2016
3.7

I dont think there was anything wrong about the place but I dont think its my kind of environment. It was my 1st time to be in such environment and I dont think I will ever stay in such an environment. The kitchen and toiets were extremely dirty. The cleaning ladies does not even greet however the housekeeper was extremely kind and helpful with patience... he is my highlight of my experience. I was also over charged by R50 when booking on internet which I find it unethical.

• ucantseeme_cena5133
  • Singapore, Male, 18-24
20th May 2016

Good location, near long street and signal hill. nearby bus stops can bring you to anywhere you want.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
7th Apr 2016

Excelent location with good atmosfere, good hostel to stay in Cape Town.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Mar 2016
6.6

we left our car in the car park up the road and they broke into it and stole our shoes that we had left... apart from that we had an ok stay. the stuff wasn't too friendly and seemed rather bored but the hostel itself was ok. make sure to get a room in the back it is a lot nicer :)

13th Mar 2016

Its a good hostel for a short stay. I had no problems during my two night stay. Had to buy my breakfast but that was ok. Plenty of room the chill out and relax.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
9th Mar 2016

Good location, calm but close to center, friendly and helpful staff, excellent atmosphere, was a great time in Cape Town!

• Venezuela, Male, 25-30
8th Mar 2016

Very nice hostel with good size rooms and clean showers, very helpful sfaff

8th Mar 2016

Cape Town Backpackers was a great hostel! It was a great atmosphere with a lot of great places to hang out. I would absolutely stay here again. The only downsides were that the refrigerators that everyone could use clearly hadn't been cleaned in weeks. They smelled like rotting foods. There was also a shortage of working bathrooms (we only had 2 for two 8 person dorms and a 6 person dorms) and outlets (there were 3 in our room for 6 people. Also, the bunk beds in our room were not very stable.

7th Mar 2016

Really helpful and friendly staff, clean dorms, nice communial areas and close to lots of restaurants. Only negative were the bathrooms which were old and tired. Special thanks to Lindy, super helpful and friendly