Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

The hostel was in a good bit of the city and the staff were helpful. It was great value for money, and I enjoyed my stay.

Prior to arriving I had read some of the reviews and was a little worried but upon arrival my concerns were put at ease. The place was secure with keycard entry into your room and very tidy as it was cleaned on the daily. Hard to find unless you were looking hard enough due to lack of signage but overall a pleasant stay and definitely exceeded my expectations.

It's good enough for a short stay - and in theory you can walk into the city centre but it'll take you 30-40 minutes. The place was clean-ish could have had better up keep. There was no social events or organised tours by the hostel so it's not really made for a solo traveller. It's ok for a few nights but I wouldn't want to spend more than 2 nights there.

• 21st Aug 2015

The hostel sheets were dirty and stained. The man behind reception told us the price each was $96, we paid $100 each and there was no change. The wifi was poor and didn't work for long durations of time. There was 1 bathroom between a large number of people and so there was a long wait for the toilet/shower. When eventually gaining access to the bathroom the toilet was filthy, sometimes blocked. And the shower was as bad. Would recommend paying more money and staying elsewhere.

Drab interior with many surfaces dented or damaged. A noticeable odor upon entering their separated hostel rooms from the main office. No coffee maker in annex. Inadequate bathroom and shower facilities for so many beds. Inadequate utensils and plates/cookware. Bass music from club adjacent main office rooms is disturbing at night. But price is low, so okay for a night or two if you don't arrive on a weekend night, or if you can get a bed at the separate facility that is not adjacent club.

Please never stay here. It took us half an hour to be seen by reception while they made us wait outside on the street. They charged us 50% tax rather than the 14.5% it should be. We were sharing one single disgusting bathroom between 20 people. The tiles were a shade of green I didnt know existed. The sheets were filthy, I'd rather of slept in a brothel's laundry room. Our room was overbooked so we had to share a bed. Oh yeah, and there was a stabbing literally on the same block. DONT STAY HERE!

The night of my arrival at the hostel the manager was not friendly just because I arrived late despite the fact I had emailed the hostel to let then know flights had been reschuduled causing my late arrival at the hostel of which he claimed I had no room because I came late , he even called police to solve the issue but because I had a valid booking for 5 days the forces settled the matter and let me stay at the hotel . Inn my opinion it was waste of police time if he had avoided being drunk .

Please provide clean sheets and door for bathrooms

• 8th Aug 2015
  • India

Very good

I had very great times in washington comfort hostel and everything was better than I expected. But one thing that I felt inconvenient was the restroom. If there was one more restroom, residents would have feel more comfortable.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

It was a wonderful, safe and comfortable facility. Staff and guest was warm and friendly, The host provide courteous and prompt service at all times. In the future, it will be one of the places I recommend to people traveling to Washington DC.

Beds were ok, no cutlery in kitchen unfortunately. No washing powder. Good location!

One restroom in one building, are you kidding me?

The hostel was amazing.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Great Hostal! The staff are very gentle. We went in July and it was a good experience. Very good location, also. We would suggest to the staff change or improve the crockery because it was very precarious and it difficult to cook, and also to worry a little bit more about the ventilation in the rooms, because the one that we slept in was very sofocated and had a bad smell because of one of the guest. However, the beds are very comfortable and both rooms and the bathroom were very clean.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Chile

Only problem was there was only one shower and toilet which were in the same room so only one person could use it at once. So if someone was in the shower you can't go to the toilet. And when ther is about twenty people sharing the one bathroom it was absolutely rediculos. Also the shower tap and kitchen tap kept falling off

• 7th Jul 2015

This hostel is quite easily the least favourite one we have ever stayed in. Wi-fi didn't work unless you were in the reception area, kitchen had hardly any utensils and we had to buy plastic cutlery to be able to eat. We were in the second building and there is only one bathroom for 4 rooms (each had 6 beds) so it was a nightmare trying to get in there. There was no way of drying your hands after washing them in the bathroom either. The whole place just felt dirty.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

In general the hostel is good but the mattress are in bad state including ventilation. The people are friendly.

This was my second stay at this Hostel and both times I had pleasant interactions and a favorable impression. Strongest positives -- good, helpful staff, convenient location (right by metro, public library, convenience store; very close to supermarket, restaurants, park, club(s); close to Chinatown and not too far to bus/train depot -- Union Station). Biggest negative (not a big deal) -- multiple buildings locations that were not together and sub-par common areas (in the 2 of 3 bldgs I stayed).

I travel a lot and I stayed in a lot of low-budget places and because I only stayed two nights in Washington and spent most time outside of the hostel it was okay. But it is really not a clean or safe place. And the thing is it wouldn't take a lot to improve it. The WIFI is not working in the second building. The sink in the kitchen is broken. The lock of the door was broken and obvious that someone broke it to break into the room. The bedsheets had stains on it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3