Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

The staff was not welcoming, not friendly, nor helpful. I had to talk to the manager on the phone in order to solve the problems. We were traveling with a group of 13 people, and we had booked the 14-bed dorm. It wasn't until after I had paid everything that the staff told us our room was under construction. I had to argue a long time before we got a discount for the inconvenience. Also, there was only one bathroom for 20 guests. And the parking lot was extremely poorly locked, no cameras!

• 17th Oct 2014

Was the least expensive of 3 hostels I've stayed at in DC. Very basic, but good location. Rooms are tight.

There were almost nothing in the kitchen. I missed electric kettel, more dishes and silvery. Wifi was not working on any phone of people staying there.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Our private room wasn't available for some reason but they gave us a mixed room all for ourselves.

No need to explain. Not good at all.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Iran
  • Mixed Group, 41+

no lock up, doors to private rooms don't lock, you'll have to lock your bags when you go out or just take your valuables with you. it's not bad though, good place to sleep and rest if that's all you want to do.

My overall experience in this hostel is good. The staff are nice as well as the people staying there. Although sometimes the other residence may have talked a bit loud in the lobby, and the staff wasn't at work on time when I checked out in the morning, other than that everything's fine. The hostel is quite near the metro station, and there are many bus stops nearby, so the transport is quite convenient. The bathroom is shared by both males and females. But girls can lock the door when showering

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

There is no kitchen stuff on the attached hostel. Dry machine broken and just one washroom for 15 people or more.

Bedroom nice and clean. Had tv which was nice and had basic kitchen. Did not have much character however. The bathroom was strange as people could lock the entire thing if they were showering so i was left busting for ages. You cant lock your own door. They didnt provide change so i was made to go out and find a supermarket to do so. asking directions a few staff had no idea how to help and when i asked about taxis we had to call it ourselves. Service was really quite bad.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Terrible hostel, one of my worst experiences and I've been to many, many hostels. Staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, no common room whatsoever, and wifi was bad. Would only stay here as a last resort, it's fairly cheap and has an average location.

The sheets were dirty, we didn't get a key to our private room nor even a secure locker. Even though at first when we paid at 12 pm everything seemed fine with our booking, when we came back at 3 p.m (because that's the check in time) we were told that there is no private room left. Finally we got a 4 person room just for the two of us, but still, no key to lock the door. The AC was set to extremely low temperature and during the night there's some very loud music playing from a club nearby.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Good location, but sheets not really clean, and mixed common bathroom (like those in gymnasiums) a bit creepy. Staff slow, and not very nice...

The location is nice and convenient to public transportation, but the area right in front of the check-in station has high vagrant foot traffic and loitering. So the initial impression is that it may be unsafe, even though I think it is relatively safe. Additionally, the building front is non-descript, so you will likely not notice it when driving or walking by. The houses themselves (there are two different lodging quarters) are nice, but mine was under repair and undergoing some renovations

• 22nd Aug 2014

Reserved a room for $19.99 on hostel world and when I arrived I was overcharged $10 - the receptionists explanation was 'the price has changed', despite me having reserved a room at that price. So staff pretty unhelpful - the rest, as you'd expect for the low price. Except the hostel is four blocks away from the reception area which was a bit annoying.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The hostel was clean and comfortable with friendly staff but the room was very hot and stuffy. Also there were shared bathrooms but the showers had glass doors which was very off putting.

1.) Put toilet paper in the bathrooms (and do it properly, not on the couter). 2.) Put towels out to dry your hands by the sinks. 3.) Clean the place if something happens. The place got flooded by the toilet andsmelled like pee the entire week. When the staff cleaned the place, they looked like they were just moving a dirty mop around the room. Dry the carpet and stairs too. I actually FELL DOWN THE STAIRS because of this!!! 4.) Cover the transparent showers for the women.

First of all, the beds are pretty cheap and thats what we (a group of 8 ppl) were looking for. Room was VERY small and one mixed gender bathroom for 16 ppl is not enough. Wifi was not reliable. Did not stay at main location close to Metro station but had to walk further. Towels were ripped and very dirty. Not possible to lock the door of our dorm. We are all not very picky (otherwise we wouldn't stay in an 8-bed dorm) but we have experienced way better, even for this price. Wouldn't recommend it

Hostel separated into 2 buildings. Only one toilet and one shower shared by over 20 people, totally unacceptable. Worst part is they don't provide you key to your room. I had a group of 10 high school students staying there for one night and they wouldn't give us keys, even though we had two rooms booked. The guy gave me his words that it's safe, but guess what, his words mean nothing to me and my student's safety. With all my years of travel, never ever stayed at a place with no keys.

The hostel is a decent place to spend 1 night as we did,but during our brief stay we faced a couple of issues. We had to wait 30 min to check in and 30 more to enter our room, because some rooms are in a different building a few blocks away and there was only one guy of the staff (very funny guy btw) to manage all the incoming guests. Furthermore, at checkout we asked to leave our luggage for the day and the lady of the staff would only let us leave them in the hallway (not very safe).

• 14th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Me along with two other guys waited outside for 20 minutes on a creepy Street for the hostel people to let us in. The girl working there was on her lunch break, which she shouldn't even be having outside according to her boss. Then she gave everyone their keys but made us wait another half hour to show us to our rooms. The rooms bedsheets were not made. It was cold. Terrible hostel. Never going there again. Only positive is its close to a metro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3