Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

The woman at the front desk was wonderful, but the gentleman showing people to their rooms was rude. Also there is a discrepancy between booking times on the site and at the location. On the site we had to choose to check in at 1200, 1300, or 1400, but at the hostel they said all check-ins are after 1500. The rooms were decent, but the bathroom upstairs was only barely serviceable. One of the bathroom stalls did not lock and the showers were only barely opaque (it's a unisex bathroom).

• 4th Jul 2014

Booking on Hostelworld means nothing at this place, manager simply does not use the system. I was staying there for two nights, and when came back the second night - my bed was taken, and no place in the hostel left! The place is a mess. I witnessed 3 people, who had a reservation on hostelworld, simply sent away by the manager. Avoid this place - management is terrible, toilets and showers filthy.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Unclean. Unfriendly staff. Told to leave if we don't like it. Repeatedly interrupted in our room to ask how many staying, surely they should know. Ants crawling in kitchen. No bowls in "kitchen" and asked for some they laughed. Spent 48hrs tryin to get air con turned up or a blankly.

I can't imagine there was no key for the individual rooms!! Others could easily see the body from the glass door when taking a shower. worst hostel I ever stay in.

The place I stay at was at their 2nd location 5 blocks away. Lack of a common room/meeting area. The shower I used only had scalding hot. So couldn't bathe.

The air conditional was broken so I have to stay in hot sauna room. Except that problem It was mostly so-so.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

best location, major tourist attractions within walking distance! The staff are very nice. The room I stayed was quite and large. Probably the best choice in DC. There might he cheaper hostels, but you have to take a bus to go downtown, the cost is just the same but a waste of time.

Thank you very much for everything. I and my sons are very happy about our time with you and again, thank you. PS; thanks for keeping an eye on 'our stuff', and for mailing back our IPAD (that I forget and left at the front desk), Sincerely, Michael

• 22nd Jun 2014

A bit of a walk from the main attractions but a comfy bed and clean shower is all I needed for a one night stay. There are two locations so be aware of that. They're pretty close to each other

Really bad hostel! never ever go there! I didn't feel safe at all. there are no lockers in the rooms and you can't lock the door of your room. the atmosphere is just bad, weird people hanging around.

Another building than on the pictures. Without wi-fi. Another adress than on the www.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The staff is GREAT HERE! with a great location right off the Shaw green line. They had a four bed dorm open and they bumped me up free of charge. Also the pillow was really comfortable. The internet was great too! It's not the most modern but definitely a great value for money and for being in DC. I woul

To hot during nights.

• 24th May 2014
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I travel 4 days a week for work. I have been staying now at capitol comfort hotel .The staff is exceptional. I am ALWAYS greeted and welcomed with great warmth. The rooms are clean, large and very quiet. The staff in the dining room are very good. There is one staff member Helen who is the best. she anticipates my needs, very attentive with out being intrusive. I will be continuing my stay there till July/August. If I need to be away from home, its great being in a place that makes me feel home

• 24th May 2014

Wouldnt of stayed if there was any rooms anywhere else in DC. Pretty poor facilities but close to good bars and restaurants. Stayed in cleaner rooms and no way to lock room door. Good for just a bed. Staff were friendly and bedding was new. Hostel has potential but needs alot of work.

• 20th May 2014

Pretty sketchy. But they mean well. Super cheap. Go if you're seeking adventure, are patient and want a story to tell.

I originally reserve a room for 6. But this hostel worker gave me a room for 4. It was his fault but I satisfied. However, about 2 hours ago, one of worker entered my room and told me I should move another hostel far from 3 blocks. He pressured me to go to there without any reasonable explaination. So I should move to another place even though I laundried my stuff so I cramed my wet stuff into my baggage. He didn't apologized with it. Also. checkout day, another worker made mistake soIlossmybus

• 18th May 2014
  • South Korea

Paid full amount before being told there were no rooms. When we eventually got to our room, it was decent enough, but we shared a single bathroom - one toilet, one sink, one shower - between 3 rooms of six people. The staff ranged from barely speaking enough English to manage the front desk properly to an apparent manager being unprofessional and creepy to us, women in our 20s, suggesting we should go drink with him. Pay more, stay elsewhere is my overall advice. Not worth the hassle!

• 15th May 2014

The location is easy to find on Washington's main street but it's located in a run down area. The main door was not locked and we couldn't lock the door of our room so practically everybody could have wakked in and take things. The staff was very slow and didn't show up to the office hours. There was only one bathroom for more than 25 people. There was a kitchen but no plates, pans, cutlery etc. WiFi didn't work in the room; overall probably one of the worst hostels I stayed in.

Poor organisation and staff had no idea what they were really doing. Need more room keys that have tags on so they know which key is for which room. Need an all round better system as it caused anger among many of the people staying. I won't be returning to this hostel any time soon.

• 15th May 2014