Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

There is no kitchen stuff on the attached hostel. Dry machine broken and just one washroom for 15 people or more.

Bedroom nice and clean. Had tv which was nice and had basic kitchen. Did not have much character however. The bathroom was strange as people could lock the entire thing if they were showering so i was left busting for ages. You cant lock your own door. They didnt provide change so i was made to go out and find a supermarket to do so. asking directions a few staff had no idea how to help and when i asked about taxis we had to call it ourselves. Service was really quite bad.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Terrible hostel, one of my worst experiences and I've been to many, many hostels. Staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, no common room whatsoever, and wifi was bad. Would only stay here as a last resort, it's fairly cheap and has an average location.

The sheets were dirty, we didn't get a key to our private room nor even a secure locker. Even though at first when we paid at 12 pm everything seemed fine with our booking, when we came back at 3 p.m (because that's the check in time) we were told that there is no private room left. Finally we got a 4 person room just for the two of us, but still, no key to lock the door. The AC was set to extremely low temperature and during the night there's some very loud music playing from a club nearby.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Good location, but sheets not really clean, and mixed common bathroom (like those in gymnasiums) a bit creepy. Staff slow, and not very nice...

Reserved a room for $19.99 on hostel world and when I arrived I was overcharged $10 - the receptionists explanation was 'the price has changed', despite me having reserved a room at that price. So staff pretty unhelpful - the rest, as you'd expect for the low price. Except the hostel is four blocks away from the reception area which was a bit annoying.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The hostel was clean and comfortable with friendly staff but the room was very hot and stuffy. Also there were shared bathrooms but the showers had glass doors which was very off putting.

1.) Put toilet paper in the bathrooms (and do it properly, not on the couter). 2.) Put towels out to dry your hands by the sinks. 3.) Clean the place if something happens. The place got flooded by the toilet andsmelled like pee the entire week. When the staff cleaned the place, they looked like they were just moving a dirty mop around the room. Dry the carpet and stairs too. I actually FELL DOWN THE STAIRS because of this!!! 4.) Cover the transparent showers for the women.

First of all, the beds are pretty cheap and thats what we (a group of 8 ppl) were looking for. Room was VERY small and one mixed gender bathroom for 16 ppl is not enough. Wifi was not reliable. Did not stay at main location close to Metro station but had to walk further. Towels were ripped and very dirty. Not possible to lock the door of our dorm. We are all not very picky (otherwise we wouldn't stay in an 8-bed dorm) but we have experienced way better, even for this price. Wouldn't recommend it

Hostel separated into 2 buildings. Only one toilet and one shower shared by over 20 people, totally unacceptable. Worst part is they don't provide you key to your room. I had a group of 10 high school students staying there for one night and they wouldn't give us keys, even though we had two rooms booked. The guy gave me his words that it's safe, but guess what, his words mean nothing to me and my student's safety. With all my years of travel, never ever stayed at a place with no keys.

The hostel is a decent place to spend 1 night as we did,but during our brief stay we faced a couple of issues. We had to wait 30 min to check in and 30 more to enter our room, because some rooms are in a different building a few blocks away and there was only one guy of the staff (very funny guy btw) to manage all the incoming guests. Furthermore, at checkout we asked to leave our luggage for the day and the lady of the staff would only let us leave them in the hallway (not very safe).

• 14th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Me along with two other guys waited outside for 20 minutes on a creepy Street for the hostel people to let us in. The girl working there was on her lunch break, which she shouldn't even be having outside according to her boss. Then she gave everyone their keys but made us wait another half hour to show us to our rooms. The rooms bedsheets were not made. It was cold. Terrible hostel. Never going there again. Only positive is its close to a metro.

I messed up with the booking, but the hostel helped me sort it out. The hostel is centrally located. Check-in was a bit slow, and room was not available until 3pm.

Need to improve bathroom facility - 1 bathroom / toilet for a floor that hosts 20 people+ is far not enough! Very poor hospitality manner from the manager - he came across as rather rude and sometimes cheeky. However, he seemed to be nice enough to other customers. I did not enjoy meeting him! Ask for towels, sheets etc ASAP as it may be missing, like it did for my friends and I!

• 8th Aug 2014

The check in guy made everyone wait hours to get a room. I got there at 830 desperate to sleep, I didn't get shown to my room until 11:30. When.I went to pay I handed him $80.00 (I owed him 70.50)and he said he had no change and had to take it all. I saw him looking through drawers later and he clearly had money. I suppose his strategy was to.make everyone wait hours.and then con them out of.money. The fire alarms in the sleeping rooms were beeping all night due to low batteries. Terrible

• 6th Aug 2014

The most comment that I have checked about this hostel was awful. So I did not expect that this hostel would be good. When I arrived at this hostel, however, I was satisfied because the most facilities were proper, compared with the price. The one thing that I had felt uncomfortable was about restroom because there was just one restroom in a building.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The woman at the front desk was wonderful, but the gentleman showing people to their rooms was rude. Also there is a discrepancy between booking times on the site and at the location. On the site we had to choose to check in at 1200, 1300, or 1400, but at the hostel they said all check-ins are after 1500. The rooms were decent, but the bathroom upstairs was only barely serviceable. One of the bathroom stalls did not lock and the showers were only barely opaque (it's a unisex bathroom).

• 4th Jul 2014

The worst hostel in the city

Booking on Hostelworld means nothing at this place, manager simply does not use the system. I was staying there for two nights, and when came back the second night - my bed was taken, and no place in the hostel left! The place is a mess. I witnessed 3 people, who had a reservation on hostelworld, simply sent away by the manager. Avoid this place - management is terrible, toilets and showers filthy.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Unclean. Unfriendly staff. Told to leave if we don't like it. Repeatedly interrupted in our room to ask how many staying, surely they should know. Ants crawling in kitchen. No bowls in "kitchen" and asked for some they laughed. Spent 48hrs tryin to get air con turned up or a blankly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3