Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

Is the most nasty, unclean, expensive hostel I have ever been. It was $50 per night, for a shared super-small room where the only space available was for two bunk beds (i.e., with 3 other guys). The bathroom was the worst (also shares male&female), where entering to my shower I found a pad with blood on the shower's floor.

• 16th May 2015
  • Chile

We didn't get what we booked. Rooms were really small for 4 people and the next door there was a club that played music very loud till very late night. Glass doors are great in the unisex shower - not. Service was OK but the staff were not really ready to make their best when the situation was hard. Place where profit comes first and then the customers.

• 13th May 2015
  • Finland

Even if the staff was nice the Hostel is very old an not convenient at all. In the building I was there was only one bathroom (with one restroom inside) for about 4 rooms of 6 peopeople! So you had to wait a long time on the morning to shoer. There wasn't any windows in the room. I won't recomand it.

• 7th May 2015

Too small

• 6th May 2015
  • Macau

NO LOCKERS!!! Very not cool. The 'annex' building for the hostel had four rooms with three or four double bunkbeds in each; all of those sharing a single toilet and shower (both in the same room; so someone showering would tie up the toilet as well for likely 20+ mins). Annex also has no wifi coverage; it is located down the block from the 'main' hostel area and apparently does not have its own internet or a booster wireless router patched in.

It is so unreasonable and non-sense for 16 people sharing 1 bathroom. I waited for so long to take a bath. Also, the room was unclean and ventilation was so bad. However, the staff was very nice and willing to help. The price was low too. It was just the facilities suck.

• 29th Apr 2015

looked like there have been homeless people in the lobby during the evening / night; there have been loud music until late night; toilet was disgusting (when we checked in - later was a bit better) and shower valves was broken too

The stuff in the hostel didn't know anything about the city or what to visit... And it's the capital! It was my first time in Washington but I knew more than the stuff... They told us there would be coffee the hole day but it was always empty and they didn't had stuff to make it. We had one shower together with one toilet for 20 people. In the kitchen were no plates or silverware. The sink was broken. It was cheap but kinda far from the national mall and we didn't feel that comfortable. Sadly

Walking distance from the mall, close to a supermarket and restaurants. Rooms and bathrooms are good, kitchen is ok, lack of equipment tho. Staff was very helpful, may not be really professionals but they are trying their best to satisfy. However atmosphere was poor, there's no such thing as common area. If you're looking for a place to just sleep for 2 nights this is the one! Not to expensive either!

I arrived at the hostel at 3h30am and the door was locked. I tried to call someone in the door and I also called their telephone number, but I didn't get any answer. Really disappointing. I had to look for another hostel at the middle of the night.

• 16th Apr 2015

If you're in Chicago, stay here! Lovely staff, excellent facilities and brilliant location. Great hostel in a great City.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Creepy, hot, smelly. Dirty bathroom, had to make own bed. Stained sheets and pillowcases just a gross place. Very unfriendly staff

• 2nd Apr 2015

Nice hostel, helpfull staff, near to subway. I rekommend.

Very clean hostel, friendly staff and good and strategic location.

What we expected for the price we paid. Bathroom wasn't very clean and the room was cold but they provided us with a heater when we asked. Staff was nice, some other people at the hostel had weird behaviors but otherwise not a too bad experience.

• 22nd Mar 2015

I love here!The staff is very good and kind.And the location is very good, too.

• China

super friendly staff!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Apart from my keycard not working, and a distinct lack of lockers, this was a great hostel! Lovely staff, very clean and tidy, the rooms weren't crowded and there was free tea and coffee! Recommended.

The location is excellent, allowing one to go walking to every touristic places and museums. The staff is really simpatethic. And the rooms, sheets, kitchen, everything was clean. Was everything OK.

• 16th Mar 2015

Sheets were not clean. The matress was not good I could feel the bed bar. It was cold and one light blanket is not enough. No breakfast. Front desk opens at 9 so if you have to leave before you can't. Rooms are tiny and the lounge by the front desk was tiny too.

• 16th Mar 2015