Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

Capitol Comfort had plenty of drawbacks....but you just can't beat the price. If you can get through your time here without incident (as I did), it is a great value. A few things worth noting: (1) There is a decent sized tax added and a $5 key deposit, (2) If you are in the 14-bed dorm, you do not have access to the lockers, (3) More than one person was effected my overbooking during my 9 days there--one of their biggest drawbacks. Come here only if you can't afford a better place.

• 5th Apr 2014

Very nice staff, they upgraded our room for the same price. The problem is that the internet does not work as well, except in the reception, and there is only one shower for like 4 common rooms (in the hostel other facility, at least). Although far from Downtown, it is near the metro.

Lots of dust, etc behind the bunk beds.,

horrible hostel. ive stayed in hostels around the world and this one is probably one of the worst. poor staff and no lockers. we couldnt even stay in the main buliding. we were moved to another location a couple buildings down. spend a little more and go somewhere else.

• 21st Mar 2014

We arrived and the reservation didnt exist they told us they will resolve it but never did it. We slept separated 3nights that supposed to be reservated. It was cold and didnt give as blankets because they hadnt. The same happened to 3 groups of people we knowed at the hostel. The personal was inefficient and drunk.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

I lived in a 4-female dorm with shared bathroom. The room and the bathroom were dirty, as well as the kitchen. Also, there were not so many things you can find to use in it.

I was very satisfied w/ the capital comfort hostel. The staff was fantastic, though they need to hire some more staff members, the poor manager was up for at least 48 hours working and catching quick naps when he could. The place was clean and very well kept. The other guests were fantastic also. I recommend anyone to stay here while visiting DC.

• 11th Mar 2014

On arrival I was charged the full amount eventhough I paid a deposit via this website.The staff were very nice gaveme my deposit back in cash when I checked out. rooms are spread across two buildings in two streets, anyrhing more than 4 bed will be in the worse 2nd site. This bulding didn't have a front door that locked and the police were there dealing with a broken into locker when I left, The dorms are cheap and attract some dodgy people, there was 2 American bums in my dorm. Not reccom

I had a great stay. I paid for a doorm bed but they upgraded me to a 4 bedroom for the same price. That was great, the staf is vers friendly and it's very close to the metro to go and visit everything. I would stay here again!

• 2nd Feb 2014

It's 5 mins walk from the main office. Easy to get to the town and close to the train station. Very clean and good deal for a budget vacation.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Vietnam

My reservation was not in their system, even though I was booked through hostelworld.com, they honored the price on my printed reservation, but then added tax, which was not indicated anywhere

I have stayed there with groups and it is really nice if it was cleaner it would be perfect!

The hostel is simple and the location is desired. Anyway, the bus stop is next. The price is compatible. Recommend in case of travel at low cost.

• 25th Dec 2013

Some essential things need to be fixed such as the broken drawer handle in the kitchen, the nonworking cooker hood, the unlockable back door... Some more decoration as well maybe. Definitely add a table with 2 chairs, it's just unbearable to eat whether standing up in the kitchen or sitting on the bed... Washing machines upstairs, that's a good point.

• 21st Dec 2013

It is good hostel and close to downtown.

I'm all for budget travelling but this hostel was one of the oddest experiences of getting to a hostel. It should be specified that the dorm rooms aren't even on the same street as reception, and staff should be willing to take you there when you arrive. Communicating with some staff was an issue at times as we don't speak Spanish. Once in the room it was satisfactory and we enjoyed our stay as location was very good. However kitchen and bathroom could be cleaned more than once a week.

My brother travels to DC all the time and he suggested I stay at the Capital Comfort Hostel and I'm glad I did. In one word the place was PERFECT! The location was unbelievable, walking distance to the mall, museums, monuments, and the U Street night life. If you have to hop on a metro train then you are in luck. One station is 3 blocks away and the other is 4 blocks. The place is clean, the water is hot, and the staff was friendly and very helpful. I like my brother HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!

• 12th Nov 2013

The facilities range from slightly to heavily dilapidated, but they are clean. The location is convenient for tourism, but the building is bordered by a half-busted parking lot and area is heavily populated by the homeless. The denizens of this hostel are mainly non-English speakers who don't know any better, middle-aged people who are seemingly down on their luck and need cheap rent, and actual travelers who never bother to stay more than the time they mistakenly prepaid for.

View all Washington DC Hostels