Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

The hostel is a decent place to spend 1 night as we did,but during our brief stay we faced a couple of issues. We had to wait 30 min to check in and 30 more to enter our room, because some rooms are in a different building a few blocks away and there was only one guy of the staff (very funny guy btw) to manage all the incoming guests. Furthermore, at checkout we asked to leave our luggage for the day and the lady of the staff would only let us leave them in the hallway (not very safe).

• 14th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Me along with two other guys waited outside for 20 minutes on a creepy Street for the hostel people to let us in. The girl working there was on her lunch break, which she shouldn't even be having outside according to her boss. Then she gave everyone their keys but made us wait another half hour to show us to our rooms. The rooms bedsheets were not made. It was cold. Terrible hostel. Never going there again. Only positive is its close to a metro.

I messed up with the booking, but the hostel helped me sort it out. The hostel is centrally located. Check-in was a bit slow, and room was not available until 3pm.

Need to improve bathroom facility - 1 bathroom / toilet for a floor that hosts 20 people+ is far not enough! Very poor hospitality manner from the manager - he came across as rather rude and sometimes cheeky. However, he seemed to be nice enough to other customers. I did not enjoy meeting him! Ask for towels, sheets etc ASAP as it may be missing, like it did for my friends and I!

• 8th Aug 2014

The check in guy made everyone wait hours to get a room. I got there at 830 desperate to sleep, I didn't get shown to my room until 11:30. When.I went to pay I handed him $80.00 (I owed him 70.50)and he said he had no change and had to take it all. I saw him looking through drawers later and he clearly had money. I suppose his strategy was to.make everyone wait hours.and then con them out of.money. The fire alarms in the sleeping rooms were beeping all night due to low batteries. Terrible

• 6th Aug 2014

The most comment that I have checked about this hostel was awful. So I did not expect that this hostel would be good. When I arrived at this hostel, however, I was satisfied because the most facilities were proper, compared with the price. The one thing that I had felt uncomfortable was about restroom because there was just one restroom in a building.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The woman at the front desk was wonderful, but the gentleman showing people to their rooms was rude. Also there is a discrepancy between booking times on the site and at the location. On the site we had to choose to check in at 1200, 1300, or 1400, but at the hostel they said all check-ins are after 1500. The rooms were decent, but the bathroom upstairs was only barely serviceable. One of the bathroom stalls did not lock and the showers were only barely opaque (it's a unisex bathroom).

• 4th Jul 2014

The worst hostel in the city

Booking on Hostelworld means nothing at this place, manager simply does not use the system. I was staying there for two nights, and when came back the second night - my bed was taken, and no place in the hostel left! The place is a mess. I witnessed 3 people, who had a reservation on hostelworld, simply sent away by the manager. Avoid this place - management is terrible, toilets and showers filthy.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Unclean. Unfriendly staff. Told to leave if we don't like it. Repeatedly interrupted in our room to ask how many staying, surely they should know. Ants crawling in kitchen. No bowls in "kitchen" and asked for some they laughed. Spent 48hrs tryin to get air con turned up or a blankly.

I can't imagine there was no key for the individual rooms!! Others could easily see the body from the glass door when taking a shower. worst hostel I ever stay in.

The place I stay at was at their 2nd location 5 blocks away. Lack of a common room/meeting area. The shower I used only had scalding hot. So couldn't bathe.

The air conditional was broken so I have to stay in hot sauna room. Except that problem It was mostly so-so.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

best location, major tourist attractions within walking distance! The staff are very nice. The room I stayed was quite and large. Probably the best choice in DC. There might he cheaper hostels, but you have to take a bus to go downtown, the cost is just the same but a waste of time.

Thank you very much for everything. I and my sons are very happy about our time with you and again, thank you. PS; thanks for keeping an eye on 'our stuff', and for mailing back our IPAD (that I forget and left at the front desk), Sincerely, Michael

• 22nd Jun 2014

A bit of a walk from the main attractions but a comfy bed and clean shower is all I needed for a one night stay. There are two locations so be aware of that. They're pretty close to each other

Really bad hostel! never ever go there! I didn't feel safe at all. there are no lockers in the rooms and you can't lock the door of your room. the atmosphere is just bad, weird people hanging around.

Another building than on the pictures. Without wi-fi. Another adress than on the www.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The staff is GREAT HERE! with a great location right off the Shaw green line. They had a four bed dorm open and they bumped me up free of charge. Also the pillow was really comfortable. The internet was great too! It's not the most modern but definitely a great value for money and for being in DC. I woul

To hot during nights.