Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

Didn't have heat in the room (they provided me with a smaller heater) and the outlets in the room did not work (they had to plug into numerous extension cords from OUTSIDE of the room to provide me with electricy for my electronic devices.... which was a very dangerous situation). No one was there also to get my room key at the front desk and so I left it in the room. DO NOT GO HERE.

• 19th Nov 2014

The staff does not speak english well and they are unable to accommodate the requests of the room that I booked. They gave me a location that in a public space where I was regularly bothered by people going to the bathroom. There were also stains on the bed sheet and comforters that made it uncomfortable to use. The bathrooms also have glass doors to the showers which made it very uncomfortable to use in a mixed gender setting.

• 16th Nov 2014

So cold. Out of 5 night, Just one night is warm. Overall clean but, room space is so small.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

A decent place to crash for the night. Does not have much of a social area. The staff are polite but they seem to have problems in sorting out bookings. During my stay, every time I went past the office, there was some traveller trying to sort out confusion regarding their bookings. Even I was made to change rooms as apparently my bed had already been taken by someone earlier in the day. So call and confirm before you travel. Otherwise, its a conveniently lcoated close to a metro stop.

This place has a great location but to the cost of sharing the bathrooms while you're taking a shower ! Rooms are small and not that great, but if you're looking for a cheap well located place to stay at, this is it! They have a small kitchen which you can use and fridge. Also, cleaning of the bathrooms is done in the morning ~9am , which sucks cause you have to wait till they are done with it.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel's staff is great and the place has everything required for a comfortable stay

The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great! Shaw metro and bus stops are 1-2 blocks away. Lots of places to eat close by and new Giant super market 3 blocks away. This is a great hostel for a serious student (library on corner), intern or professional seeking a job. It is QUIET and what I needed. NOT the best hostel for young people looking to meet new friends or have a social environment. The kitchen has minimal things, but I was able to cook most things.

The staff was not welcoming, not friendly, nor helpful. I had to talk to the manager on the phone in order to solve the problems. We were traveling with a group of 13 people, and we had booked the 14-bed dorm. It wasn't until after I had paid everything that the staff told us our room was under construction. I had to argue a long time before we got a discount for the inconvenience. Also, there was only one bathroom for 20 guests. And the parking lot was extremely poorly locked, no cameras!

• 17th Oct 2014

Was the least expensive of 3 hostels I've stayed at in DC. Very basic, but good location. Rooms are tight.

There were almost nothing in the kitchen. I missed electric kettel, more dishes and silvery. Wifi was not working on any phone of people staying there.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Our private room wasn't available for some reason but they gave us a mixed room all for ourselves.

No need to explain. Not good at all.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Iran
  • Mixed Group, 41+

no lock up, doors to private rooms don't lock, you'll have to lock your bags when you go out or just take your valuables with you. it's not bad though, good place to sleep and rest if that's all you want to do.

My overall experience in this hostel is good. The staff are nice as well as the people staying there. Although sometimes the other residence may have talked a bit loud in the lobby, and the staff wasn't at work on time when I checked out in the morning, other than that everything's fine. The hostel is quite near the metro station, and there are many bus stops nearby, so the transport is quite convenient. The bathroom is shared by both males and females. But girls can lock the door when showering

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

There is no kitchen stuff on the attached hostel. Dry machine broken and just one washroom for 15 people or more.

Bedroom nice and clean. Had tv which was nice and had basic kitchen. Did not have much character however. The bathroom was strange as people could lock the entire thing if they were showering so i was left busting for ages. You cant lock your own door. They didnt provide change so i was made to go out and find a supermarket to do so. asking directions a few staff had no idea how to help and when i asked about taxis we had to call it ourselves. Service was really quite bad.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Terrible hostel, one of my worst experiences and I've been to many, many hostels. Staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, no common room whatsoever, and wifi was bad. Would only stay here as a last resort, it's fairly cheap and has an average location.

The sheets were dirty, we didn't get a key to our private room nor even a secure locker. Even though at first when we paid at 12 pm everything seemed fine with our booking, when we came back at 3 p.m (because that's the check in time) we were told that there is no private room left. Finally we got a 4 person room just for the two of us, but still, no key to lock the door. The AC was set to extremely low temperature and during the night there's some very loud music playing from a club nearby.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Good location, but sheets not really clean, and mixed common bathroom (like those in gymnasiums) a bit creepy. Staff slow, and not very nice...

The location is nice and convenient to public transportation, but the area right in front of the check-in station has high vagrant foot traffic and loitering. So the initial impression is that it may be unsafe, even though I think it is relatively safe. Additionally, the building front is non-descript, so you will likely not notice it when driving or walking by. The houses themselves (there are two different lodging quarters) are nice, but mine was under repair and undergoing some renovations

• 22nd Aug 2014