Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

One of the cheapest hostels I've found in the US, and you get what you pay for - it's pretty basic but in a good enough location & clean enough to enjoy for a few nights. Staff were helpful

The basic problem of this hostel are two separate buildings. If you get a room in the main building, you are lucky. However, the second building is a disaster. There are almost no facilities, the one restroom for 3 dorms and one private room is ridiculous. There was not even a rack at the shower so that the floor got wet every time. The equipment of the private room is just the two beds, nothing more! No hook for your coat, no lamp, nothing.

Although pariking is mentioned as accessible on hostel's website it's a gross misrepresentation. Parking is a nightmare! It is a major reason why I would chose elsewhere.

• 16th Nov 2015

A very weird hostel, spread across two nearby buildings. Main building has a single school-style bathroom, with two toilet stalls and two showers that give privacy only behind the shower curtain. Most rooms here share a wall with a nightclub that plays loud music until 3:00 am—you'll feel the bass even with earplugs. Other building has a single full-bathroom shared between as many as 24 guests. No real common areas or ambience in either, but both have kitchen & coin laundry.

Free wifi was working well. Location is still in walking distance to the sights, though a bit far away. But there is a metro station pretty close, a good supermarket is pretty close as well. Water kettle didnt work. Blanket was too thin and therefore not warm enough. Creaking door was annoying. One bathroom being shared by 4 rooms is not enough. At least it was comparatively cheap (I paid about 22 USD including taxes per night in the 8 bed dorm).

Very dirty bathroom, badly equipped kitchen,. Location was good. Easy accsess to and from metro.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Norway

Our Bathroom is very clean same as kitchen too this kind of false allegation is not good at all. don't forget you where staying at a Hostel.

The bed were very bad and my back sort. We had a night club next to our bed room that made a lor of noise. The kitchen had not dishes enought. We had not the key to go inside in the night

Unwelcoming common space. Limited bathroom facilities.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Good staff, clean, air conditioning appreciated. My room was next to the bathroom and it was a little bit noisy...I was waken up by the water passing in the pipes while people had a shower. Appart that, everything was good. Ah and my dad's lunch dispaperead in the fridge, so he wasn't very happy....

The hostel was in a good bit of the city and the staff were helpful. It was great value for money, and I enjoyed my stay.

I had a nice stay at this hostel. I read the comments before I arrived and I was a bit scared of it, but it is a nice hostel, and you get what you are paying for: not more, nor less. The staff was eager to help me when I needed, and when I decided to leave one night earlier they gave me full return of the money. Two suggestions for the hostel: AC in the rooms and one more shower in the second facility. Every time someone was sharing there would a line of people waiting to use the restroom.

Prior to arriving I had read some of the reviews and was a little worried but upon arrival my concerns were put at ease. The place was secure with keycard entry into your room and very tidy as it was cleaned on the daily. Hard to find unless you were looking hard enough due to lack of signage but overall a pleasant stay and definitely exceeded my expectations.

Pro: -Cheap -Close to metro/bus stop/bikeshare -Clean Neutral: - Neighborhood and accommodations are ehh, but definitely not bad. More average. Con: -Unfriendly/disorganized staff. -The hostel's right next to a night club, which makes it noisy at times..

• 22nd Aug 2015

It's good enough for a short stay - and in theory you can walk into the city centre but it'll take you 30-40 minutes. The place was clean-ish could have had better up keep. There was no social events or organised tours by the hostel so it's not really made for a solo traveller. It's ok for a few nights but I wouldn't want to spend more than 2 nights there.

• 21st Aug 2015

The hostel sheets were dirty and stained. The man behind reception told us the price each was $96, we paid $100 each and there was no change. The wifi was poor and didn't work for long durations of time. There was 1 bathroom between a large number of people and so there was a long wait for the toilet/shower. When eventually gaining access to the bathroom the toilet was filthy, sometimes blocked. And the shower was as bad. Would recommend paying more money and staying elsewhere.

Drab interior with many surfaces dented or damaged. A noticeable odor upon entering their separated hostel rooms from the main office. No coffee maker in annex. Inadequate bathroom and shower facilities for so many beds. Inadequate utensils and plates/cookware. Bass music from club adjacent main office rooms is disturbing at night. But price is low, so okay for a night or two if you don't arrive on a weekend night, or if you can get a bed at the separate facility that is not adjacent club.

Please never stay here. It took us half an hour to be seen by reception while they made us wait outside on the street. They charged us 50% tax rather than the 14.5% it should be. We were sharing one single disgusting bathroom between 20 people. The tiles were a shade of green I didnt know existed. The sheets were filthy, I'd rather of slept in a brothel's laundry room. Our room was overbooked so we had to share a bed. Oh yeah, and there was a stabbing literally on the same block. DONT STAY HERE!

The night of my arrival at the hostel the manager was not friendly just because I arrived late despite the fact I had emailed the hostel to let then know flights had been reschuduled causing my late arrival at the hostel of which he claimed I had no room because I came late , he even called police to solve the issue but because I had a valid booking for 5 days the forces settled the matter and let me stay at the hotel . Inn my opinion it was waste of police time if he had avoided being drunk .

View all Washington DC Hostels