Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

Very good

I had very great times in washington comfort hostel and everything was better than I expected. But one thing that I felt inconvenient was the restroom. If there was one more restroom, residents would have feel more comfortable.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

It was a wonderful, safe and comfortable facility. Staff and guest was warm and friendly, The host provide courteous and prompt service at all times. In the future, it will be one of the places I recommend to people traveling to Washington DC.

Beds were ok, no cutlery in kitchen unfortunately. No washing powder. Good location!

• 14th Jul 2015

One restroom in one building, are you kidding me?

The hostel was amazing.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Great Hostal! The staff are very gentle. We went in July and it was a good experience. Very good location, also. We would suggest to the staff change or improve the crockery because it was very precarious and it difficult to cook, and also to worry a little bit more about the ventilation in the rooms, because the one that we slept in was very sofocated and had a bad smell because of one of the guest. However, the beds are very comfortable and both rooms and the bathroom were very clean.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Chile

Only problem was there was only one shower and toilet which were in the same room so only one person could use it at once. So if someone was in the shower you can't go to the toilet. And when ther is about twenty people sharing the one bathroom it was absolutely rediculos. Also the shower tap and kitchen tap kept falling off

• 7th Jul 2015

This hostel is quite easily the least favourite one we have ever stayed in. Wi-fi didn't work unless you were in the reception area, kitchen had hardly any utensils and we had to buy plastic cutlery to be able to eat. We were in the second building and there is only one bathroom for 4 rooms (each had 6 beds) so it was a nightmare trying to get in there. There was no way of drying your hands after washing them in the bathroom either. The whole place just felt dirty.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

In general the hostel is good but the mattress are in bad state including ventilation. The people are friendly.

This was my second stay at this Hostel and both times I had pleasant interactions and a favorable impression. Strongest positives -- good, helpful staff, convenient location (right by metro, public library, convenience store; very close to supermarket, restaurants, park, club(s); close to Chinatown and not too far to bus/train depot -- Union Station). Biggest negative (not a big deal) -- multiple buildings locations that were not together and sub-par common areas (in the 2 of 3 bldgs I stayed).

I travel a lot and I stayed in a lot of low-budget places and because I only stayed two nights in Washington and spent most time outside of the hostel it was okay. But it is really not a clean or safe place. And the thing is it wouldn't take a lot to improve it. The WIFI is not working in the second building. The sink in the kitchen is broken. The lock of the door was broken and obvious that someone broke it to break into the room. The bedsheets had stains on it.

The door lock was not working. Three of the four light bulbs in the room were burnt out, making the room dimly lit. Going up and down the long stairs with the luggage was a pain in the neck. The atmosphere was home-like.

I had a bad experience in this hostel, staying on a Saturday nigth. The noise (music) from the club just NEXT to my bedroom was a nightmare, it made impossible to sleep until 2am or so. The bed mattress didn't help relaxing my nerves, too thin. Same with the pillow. Or the bedroom itself, so small and claustrophobic, with no windows or fresh air. Needless to say I didn´t have a good rest that night. The staff is great, though. And the rooms have key cards, which is secure.

i had private room for 2 night,each day employee walked on me and my GF with out knocking on the door...

Because the bathroom is mixed, maybe they should at least change the shower curtain to a solid door. It's so easy to see through the curtain.

Is the most nasty, unclean, expensive hostel I have ever been. It was $50 per night, for a shared super-small room where the only space available was for two bunk beds (i.e., with 3 other guys). The bathroom was the worst (also shares male&female), where entering to my shower I found a pad with blood on the shower's floor.

• 16th May 2015
  • Chile

We didn't get what we booked. Rooms were really small for 4 people and the next door there was a club that played music very loud till very late night. Glass doors are great in the unisex shower - not. Service was OK but the staff were not really ready to make their best when the situation was hard. Place where profit comes first and then the customers.

• 13th May 2015
  • Finland

Even if the staff was nice the Hostel is very old an not convenient at all. In the building I was there was only one bathroom (with one restroom inside) for about 4 rooms of 6 peopeople! So you had to wait a long time on the morning to shoer. There wasn't any windows in the room. I won't recomand it.

• 7th May 2015