Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

The location was great and the staff really friendly, but the beds were not comfortable and it was not possible to close one of the windows so it was really cold. Oh and If your staying over the weekend you can expect loud music.

David was awesome. Told me about all sort of places and helped me with printing and tickets! Excellent staff. The showers are not really private, as the walls are made of glass. The rooms were like WAY too hot. But it was adjusted when we went to the counter and told them. Music next to the room was extremely loud and stopped at two am. A very good hostel for the money I would say!

The only potential issue was, guests are limited to one bathroom per approximately 20 people. However, if you are in no rush this isn't an issue. Rooms are a good size and you are within 30mins walk from main attractions. You can't do much better for the price 😄

• 6th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

One bathroom for over 20 people, and using the shower means the toilet cannot be accessed. I heard its temporary facilities, but still..

The bathroom one day wasnt clean

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Mexico

After reading all the negative comments, I was quite apprehensive about staying here. However, the stay was quite alright – with no loud noises, friendly room mates, helpful staff, and working facilities.

Staff was very friendly, room was perfect for the cheap price!

Fantastic time there over 2 weeks. Staff very friendly and. most city facilities within walking distance. Great Smithonian museums all free! Very clean overall but not great privacy in the showers.....if you are female you can lock the door though! Met some really nice fellow travelers there. Slightly cold in the kitchen but not a big problem. Very reasonably priced indeed. Very handy supermarket just down the road. Also a VERY cool painting of a young Liz Taylor just around the corner as bonus!

The lockers smallers and broke it. The bathroom pretty dirty and the toilet broken.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

Didn't have heat in the room (they provided me with a smaller heater) and the outlets in the room did not work (they had to plug into numerous extension cords from OUTSIDE of the room to provide me with electricy for my electronic devices.... which was a very dangerous situation). No one was there also to get my room key at the front desk and so I left it in the room. DO NOT GO HERE.

• 19th Nov 2014

Really did not feel comfortable in this hostel. Poor bathroom facilities and general creepy vibe.

The staff does not speak english well and they are unable to accommodate the requests of the room that I booked. They gave me a location that in a public space where I was regularly bothered by people going to the bathroom. There were also stains on the bed sheet and comforters that made it uncomfortable to use. The bathrooms also have glass doors to the showers which made it very uncomfortable to use in a mixed gender setting.

• 16th Nov 2014

So cold. Out of 5 night, Just one night is warm. Overall clean but, room space is so small.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

A decent place to crash for the night. Does not have much of a social area. The staff are polite but they seem to have problems in sorting out bookings. During my stay, every time I went past the office, there was some traveller trying to sort out confusion regarding their bookings. Even I was made to change rooms as apparently my bed had already been taken by someone earlier in the day. So call and confirm before you travel. Otherwise, its a conveniently lcoated close to a metro stop.

This place has a great location but to the cost of sharing the bathrooms while you're taking a shower ! Rooms are small and not that great, but if you're looking for a cheap well located place to stay at, this is it! They have a small kitchen which you can use and fridge. Also, cleaning of the bathrooms is done in the morning ~9am , which sucks cause you have to wait till they are done with it.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel's staff is great and the place has everything required for a comfortable stay

The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great! Shaw metro and bus stops are 1-2 blocks away. Lots of places to eat close by and new Giant super market 3 blocks away. This is a great hostel for a serious student (library on corner), intern or professional seeking a job. It is QUIET and what I needed. NOT the best hostel for young people looking to meet new friends or have a social environment. The kitchen has minimal things, but I was able to cook most things.

The staff was not welcoming, not friendly, nor helpful. I had to talk to the manager on the phone in order to solve the problems. We were traveling with a group of 13 people, and we had booked the 14-bed dorm. It wasn't until after I had paid everything that the staff told us our room was under construction. I had to argue a long time before we got a discount for the inconvenience. Also, there was only one bathroom for 20 guests. And the parking lot was extremely poorly locked, no cameras!

• 17th Oct 2014

Was the least expensive of 3 hostels I've stayed at in DC. Very basic, but good location. Rooms are tight.

1 2 Next » last »