Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

The staff was unfriendly and tried to screw us by telling us that we could get a 4 bed room instead of the 6 bed one we booked for only a few dollars more. They did that with others too that had a 12 bed room, they didn't want to pay more and still got to the 4 bed room. The towel I got form them had holes everywhere. When we wanted to check out in the morning at 9 am nobody was there. When we called they said they would be there soon. We waited for an hour and nobody came! Really poor service!

• 10th May 2014

They had a nice way of helping me out. The Rooms were okay and especially good if you consider the price.

• 26th Apr 2014

Honestly I had a wonderful time. I met some wonderful people, was exposed to different cultures and over all had a heck of a lot of fun. I would definitly recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2014

The main building was better, but the building I slept, not so good as that. I was well located but every time we had to talk to someone was a tough ride going there and hope to find some of the staff.

• 19th Apr 2014

I give the Capital Comfort Hostel the worst score. My friend and I went to Washington DC at April 11th and had booked beds 10 days earlier through Hostelworld. But when we arrived at the Capital Comfort Hostel, we got rejected. They told us the Hostelworld had over booked their beds and their hostel was full. So, we ended up with searching a available hotel AT 1 A.M IN THE MORNING! If you do not believe what I am telling you, send email to shaw_maxwell@yahoo.com and I will send you the proof!

• 11th Apr 2014

Capitol Comfort had plenty of drawbacks....but you just can't beat the price. If you can get through your time here without incident (as I did), it is a great value. A few things worth noting: (1) There is a decent sized tax added and a $5 key deposit, (2) If you are in the 14-bed dorm, you do not have access to the lockers, (3) More than one person was effected my overbooking during my 9 days there--one of their biggest drawbacks. Come here only if you can't afford a better place.

• 5th Apr 2014

Very nice staff, they upgraded our room for the same price. The problem is that the internet does not work as well, except in the reception, and there is only one shower for like 4 common rooms (in the hostel other facility, at least). Although far from Downtown, it is near the metro.

Lots of dust, etc behind the bunk beds.,

horrible hostel. ive stayed in hostels around the world and this one is probably one of the worst. poor staff and no lockers. we couldnt even stay in the main buliding. we were moved to another location a couple buildings down. spend a little more and go somewhere else.

• 21st Mar 2014

We arrived and the reservation didnt exist they told us they will resolve it but never did it. We slept separated 3nights that supposed to be reservated. It was cold and didnt give as blankets because they hadnt. The same happened to 3 groups of people we knowed at the hostel. The personal was inefficient and drunk.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

I lived in a 4-female dorm with shared bathroom. The room and the bathroom were dirty, as well as the kitchen. Also, there were not so many things you can find to use in it.

I was very satisfied w/ the capital comfort hostel. The staff was fantastic, though they need to hire some more staff members, the poor manager was up for at least 48 hours working and catching quick naps when he could. The place was clean and very well kept. The other guests were fantastic also. I recommend anyone to stay here while visiting DC.

• 11th Mar 2014

On arrival I was charged the full amount eventhough I paid a deposit via this website.The staff were very nice gaveme my deposit back in cash when I checked out. rooms are spread across two buildings in two streets, anyrhing more than 4 bed will be in the worse 2nd site. This bulding didn't have a front door that locked and the police were there dealing with a broken into locker when I left, The dorms are cheap and attract some dodgy people, there was 2 American bums in my dorm. Not reccom

I had a great stay. I paid for a doorm bed but they upgraded me to a 4 bedroom for the same price. That was great, the staf is vers friendly and it's very close to the metro to go and visit everything. I would stay here again!

• 2nd Feb 2014