Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

I travel 4 days a week for work. I have been staying now at capitol comfort hotel .The staff is exceptional. I am ALWAYS greeted and welcomed with great warmth. The rooms are clean, large and very quiet. The staff in the dining room are very good. There is one staff member Helen who is the best. she anticipates my needs, very attentive with out being intrusive. I will be continuing my stay there till July/August. If I need to be away from home, its great being in a place that makes me feel home

• 24th May 2014

Wouldnt of stayed if there was any rooms anywhere else in DC. Pretty poor facilities but close to good bars and restaurants. Stayed in cleaner rooms and no way to lock room door. Good for just a bed. Staff were friendly and bedding was new. Hostel has potential but needs alot of work.

• 20th May 2014

Pretty sketchy. But they mean well. Super cheap. Go if you're seeking adventure, are patient and want a story to tell.

I originally reserve a room for 6. But this hostel worker gave me a room for 4. It was his fault but I satisfied. However, about 2 hours ago, one of worker entered my room and told me I should move another hostel far from 3 blocks. He pressured me to go to there without any reasonable explaination. So I should move to another place even though I laundried my stuff so I cramed my wet stuff into my baggage. He didn't apologized with it. Also. checkout day, another worker made mistake soIlossmybus

• 18th May 2014
  • South Korea

Paid full amount before being told there were no rooms. When we eventually got to our room, it was decent enough, but we shared a single bathroom - one toilet, one sink, one shower - between 3 rooms of six people. The staff ranged from barely speaking enough English to manage the front desk properly to an apparent manager being unprofessional and creepy to us, women in our 20s, suggesting we should go drink with him. Pay more, stay elsewhere is my overall advice. Not worth the hassle!

• 15th May 2014

The location is easy to find on Washington's main street but it's located in a run down area. The main door was not locked and we couldn't lock the door of our room so practically everybody could have wakked in and take things. The staff was very slow and didn't show up to the office hours. There was only one bathroom for more than 25 people. There was a kitchen but no plates, pans, cutlery etc. WiFi didn't work in the room; overall probably one of the worst hostels I stayed in.

Poor organisation and staff had no idea what they were really doing. Need more room keys that have tags on so they know which key is for which room. Need an all round better system as it caused anger among many of the people staying. I won't be returning to this hostel any time soon.

• 15th May 2014

The staff was unfriendly and tried to screw us by telling us that we could get a 4 bed room instead of the 6 bed one we booked for only a few dollars more. They did that with others too that had a 12 bed room, they didn't want to pay more and still got to the 4 bed room. The towel I got form them had holes everywhere. When we wanted to check out in the morning at 9 am nobody was there. When we called they said they would be there soon. We waited for an hour and nobody came! Really poor service!

• 10th May 2014

They had a nice way of helping me out. The Rooms were okay and especially good if you consider the price.

• 26th Apr 2014

Honestly I had a wonderful time. I met some wonderful people, was exposed to different cultures and over all had a heck of a lot of fun. I would definitly recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2014

The main building was better, but the building I slept, not so good as that. I was well located but every time we had to talk to someone was a tough ride going there and hope to find some of the staff.

• 19th Apr 2014

I give the Capital Comfort Hostel the worst score. My friend and I went to Washington DC at April 11th and had booked beds 10 days earlier through Hostelworld. But when we arrived at the Capital Comfort Hostel, we got rejected. They told us the Hostelworld had over booked their beds and their hostel was full. So, we ended up with searching a available hotel AT 1 A.M IN THE MORNING! If you do not believe what I am telling you, send email to shaw_maxwell@yahoo.com and I will send you the proof!

• 11th Apr 2014

Capitol Comfort had plenty of drawbacks....but you just can't beat the price. If you can get through your time here without incident (as I did), it is a great value. A few things worth noting: (1) There is a decent sized tax added and a $5 key deposit, (2) If you are in the 14-bed dorm, you do not have access to the lockers, (3) More than one person was effected my overbooking during my 9 days there--one of their biggest drawbacks. Come here only if you can't afford a better place.

• 5th Apr 2014

Very nice staff, they upgraded our room for the same price. The problem is that the internet does not work as well, except in the reception, and there is only one shower for like 4 common rooms (in the hostel other facility, at least). Although far from Downtown, it is near the metro.

Lots of dust, etc behind the bunk beds.,

horrible hostel. ive stayed in hostels around the world and this one is probably one of the worst. poor staff and no lockers. we couldnt even stay in the main buliding. we were moved to another location a couple buildings down. spend a little more and go somewhere else.

• 21st Mar 2014

We arrived and the reservation didnt exist they told us they will resolve it but never did it. We slept separated 3nights that supposed to be reservated. It was cold and didnt give as blankets because they hadnt. The same happened to 3 groups of people we knowed at the hostel. The personal was inefficient and drunk.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

I lived in a 4-female dorm with shared bathroom. The room and the bathroom were dirty, as well as the kitchen. Also, there were not so many things you can find to use in it.

I was very satisfied w/ the capital comfort hostel. The staff was fantastic, though they need to hire some more staff members, the poor manager was up for at least 48 hours working and catching quick naps when he could. The place was clean and very well kept. The other guests were fantastic also. I recommend anyone to stay here while visiting DC.

• 11th Mar 2014

On arrival I was charged the full amount eventhough I paid a deposit via this website.The staff were very nice gaveme my deposit back in cash when I checked out. rooms are spread across two buildings in two streets, anyrhing more than 4 bed will be in the worse 2nd site. This bulding didn't have a front door that locked and the police were there dealing with a broken into locker when I left, The dorms are cheap and attract some dodgy people, there was 2 American bums in my dorm. Not reccom

1 2 Next » last »