Capital Comfort Hostel Reviews

1610 7th street NW, Washington DC, USA

Really did not feel comfortable in this hostel. Poor bathroom facilities and general creepy vibe.

The staff does not speak english well and they are unable to accommodate the requests of the room that I booked. They gave me a location that in a public space where I was regularly bothered by people going to the bathroom. There were also stains on the bed sheet and comforters that made it uncomfortable to use. The bathrooms also have glass doors to the showers which made it very uncomfortable to use in a mixed gender setting.

• 16th Nov 2014

So cold. Out of 5 night, Just one night is warm. Overall clean but, room space is so small.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

A decent place to crash for the night. Does not have much of a social area. The staff are polite but they seem to have problems in sorting out bookings. During my stay, every time I went past the office, there was some traveller trying to sort out confusion regarding their bookings. Even I was made to change rooms as apparently my bed had already been taken by someone earlier in the day. So call and confirm before you travel. Otherwise, its a conveniently lcoated close to a metro stop.

This place has a great location but to the cost of sharing the bathrooms while you're taking a shower ! Rooms are small and not that great, but if you're looking for a cheap well located place to stay at, this is it! They have a small kitchen which you can use and fridge. Also, cleaning of the bathrooms is done in the morning ~9am , which sucks cause you have to wait till they are done with it.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel's staff is great and the place has everything required for a comfortable stay

The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great! Shaw metro and bus stops are 1-2 blocks away. Lots of places to eat close by and new Giant super market 3 blocks away. This is a great hostel for a serious student (library on corner), intern or professional seeking a job. It is QUIET and what I needed. NOT the best hostel for young people looking to meet new friends or have a social environment. The kitchen has minimal things, but I was able to cook most things.

The staff was not welcoming, not friendly, nor helpful. I had to talk to the manager on the phone in order to solve the problems. We were traveling with a group of 13 people, and we had booked the 14-bed dorm. It wasn't until after I had paid everything that the staff told us our room was under construction. I had to argue a long time before we got a discount for the inconvenience. Also, there was only one bathroom for 20 guests. And the parking lot was extremely poorly locked, no cameras!

• 17th Oct 2014

Was the least expensive of 3 hostels I've stayed at in DC. Very basic, but good location. Rooms are tight.

There were almost nothing in the kitchen. I missed electric kettel, more dishes and silvery. Wifi was not working on any phone of people staying there.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Our private room wasn't available for some reason but they gave us a mixed room all for ourselves.

No need to explain. Not good at all.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Iran
  • Mixed Group, 41+

no lock up, doors to private rooms don't lock, you'll have to lock your bags when you go out or just take your valuables with you. it's not bad though, good place to sleep and rest if that's all you want to do.

1 2 Next » last »