Capital View Reviews

301 i street NW, Washington DC, USA

Had a great stay at Capital View. Good location and clean, and the rooftop was an added plus. Met some great people there, and the staff was real chill and nice -- Stanley was quite the man! Except I would be careful when taking his advice for directions haha ;)

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

- Even though it was promised on the website, the wi-fi was not working anywhere except the reception hall! - There was mold in the bathroom - Bedsheets were not clean enough - There was constant noise coming from the washing room, which was always heard in the common living room and the kitchen.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

I spent 2nights at this hostel,i booked a female dorm and on the last night we just got a guy roommate,he was snoring so loud i bearly slept that night.The staff was good,but it wasn't the cleaniest hostel.

We arrived after 10pm but were unable to gain access to the hostel because the email containing our door code was only sent on the morning of our arrival date. Being visitors from overseas our phones can't pick up emails unless we are connected to WiFi, so we were stranded outside for close to an hour before somebody on the roof terrace heard us shouting for help! Once we were let in, the chap who checked us in was really friendly and helpful.

On arrival we got a nice welcome from the staff, but having to take your shoes off was quite weird.in the room we were staying in, we could barely connect to the WiFi.the bathroom was REALLY small and not that clean. We even saw a rat running down the hallway.the rooftop patio is actually quite nice, but it was really noisy for the rooms next to it.normally you wouldn't be able to stay on the patio after 00:00 but apparently that doesn't matter when the staff are the ones making all the noise..

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Fantastic hostel, located within walking distance of all the sights in DC. Definitely check out the bar/restaurant on 4th and i, just over the road, which has a late happy hour after 10pm. Busboys and Poets was also a great place to grab a bite. Roof terrace of this hostel is ideal for a few late night beers!

We booked a private room with en suite which turned out to be awesome. We stayed at a site separate from the hostel which was a fully furnished luxury apartment. That was a pleasant surprise. I wish we had stayed longer. We hope we will back sooner rather than later.

Great staff there. Keep up the good work!

The staff were friendly and helpful at all times, even jointing us for a drink once they were off duty on the wonderful roof terrace. The atmosphere was chilled and they even helped make the free pancakes on the morning when we were too tired! They also let me charge my phone while I went out, stored the luggage securely and gave great night out recommendations.

Went to a pool party on a roof top which they organised which was really fun and then the next day the lady helped me get where I needed to go with really good directions, so helpful

• 27th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The only downside is the shared bathrooms

This hostel is in a fantastic location close to Union Station and local shops and restaurants and a short walk from The Mall. Their no shoe policy is strange and never fully explained and the kitchen and bathroom facilities could be improved with little changes such as more food storage space, more crockery, regularly changing the towels and more trash cans. The staff were very welcoming but should offer more information on things to do around DC. I would recommend a stay at this hostel.

Great hostel,facilities, with big new rooftop terrace for chilling too.

Good place to be.

• 17th Aug 2014

I would never go to this place again. Security is all by code which means as long as you have been told the code, you have access. Bathrooms were a disgrace! Filthy. 1 toilet and 3 showers on our floor. The bed was horribly uncomfortable with protruding springs. I flipped my mattress for a bit of relieved, only to find cigarette burns in it. People were running up and down the halls screaming at 1am on a Thursday morning. And as staff are only there until 10:00pm, there was nobody to assist.

sorry you didn't enjoy your one night over with us. Security is done by code, that is constantly changed - both for the outside door, and inside doors - much safer than by keys that can be copied or lost. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, and usually everyone comments on how clean everything is, as we 100% bleach all of the bathroom/shower square footage daily, as well as clean the rest of the hostel =/. Front desk is there until 10PM, live ins until midnight to help. Thanks

Wifi wasn't very strong

Rooftop balcony is awesome, rooms pretty basic but a PowerPoint above each buck was very handy, staff was helpful and had tips for going out etc. Good location easy to get to main sites and plenty of places to eat nearby (try matchbox in Chinatown for sliders and pizza and RFD for a crazy selection of beers). Got stuck in the habit of taking off my shoes every hostel I go to now.

• 1st Aug 2014

Nice Place to Stay!!

Loved my stay here, mostly because of the people, but also because of the close proximity to the heart of Washington.

It was a pleasure staying at Capital View. What I liked most was the fact that the hostel had Netflix (which you can watch in a common room) as well as a small roof terrace, which is perfect for unwinding in the evening. Staff was nice and always ready to answer questions. It is also in walking distance to the Mall and to a really cool restaurant called Bus Boys and Poets! Anytime again.

• 25th Jul 2014