Capital View Reviews

301 i street NW, Washington DC, USA

This is one of the best hostels I have been to. Very clean. Walking distance to smithsonium.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

We have received a private appartment from the Hostel, which was really amazing. The Appartment was located in the near of the Hostel and was very well located to the national mall and downtown. The appartment had also access to a fitness room and a pool on the roof top. It was really a luxury appartment. I can recommand to book a private appartment of the Capital view Hostel.

• 4th Mar 2015

The beds were comfortable but that was the highlight. There was no breakfast and the showers were cold. We had to beg the staff to fix them. I stayed four days and on the last day i was able to take a warm shower. The location was good. I will never stay there again.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hey there, thank you for your review. We don't offer breakfast, as in DC there are legal issues with that - and we are one of only a few hostels that are fully legal (sorry about that lack). However, we do have a fully equipped kick ass kitchen, and stores all around you in very center of DC. The heater broke on one side of the house, and is now 100% replaced and fixed. Thank you for your patience, as it takes a little while to replace those things.

I recommend this hostel in DC

If you want a nice warm shower

• 17th Feb 2015

hey there, We strive on cleanliness, and it's a shame you thought the hostel was not clean - as it is mopped/wiped/vacuumed and shined daily everywhere - especially the showers: so we'd love to hear more regarding this. For facilities, we have a roof top patio with hammocks in spring/summer, nearly free gym access, a year round HEATED roof top Jacuzzi and Pool available once/twice a week, projector room with Foosball table, computer area, free breakfast, etc. Would love to hear comments.

I definitely recommend Capital View hostel. Very good service for the price. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The hostel was clean. I particularly appreciated the no-shoes-inside policy. There is free coffee and pancakes for breakfast on week days, served by a lovely woman :) Note that there are small lockers in the rooms to leave your most valuable possessions. Don't forget your padlock!

• 14th Feb 2015

The Hostel was really nice and the atmosphere was great. The only disadvantage was, that in the evening the showers only had ice cold water.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Great stay! The staff was really friendly and you meet nice people here especially because the kitchen is attached to the common area and people hang out here and watch TV together. They also let me wash my clothes right after I arrived. I loved the breakfast (only Mo-Fr), with tasty waffles made by a really nice lady. Good location, it is close to the Smithsonian Museums, Capitol, National Mall etc, but a bit of a walk to Union Station especially with all that luggage. And the room was cold!

its excellent location. Most of places are within walking distance. Staffs are nice and its pretty clean. However, the room was very cold for the first night, but they turned on the heater for us for the second night and I got two more blankets too, so it was warm on the second night. Also, the hot water only ran for 1 or 2 minutes when taking a shower, then I had to turn to off and turn it on again and wait a little for the hot water to come out again. similar situations for three shower rooms.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Had a terrible experience at this hostel and I stay in hostels frequently. The hostel had undergone a renovation directly before my stay and did not let anyone know that they would open later than check-in time until less than 24 hours before, which resulted in having to find a place to put my things in the interim. Secondly, we had issues with the lights resulting in sleeping with them on all night as there were no staff around. Would not stay here again.

I went that hostel in winter. everything is nice. big mama, she was really nice to other travelers. and other staffs was nice. but the heating system was not so good. I felt cold at night. but that hostel is relly nice place to meet others and make good memories. I reccomend this hostel!

hey there, thank you for your great review. We have multiple zone HVAC, and nearly every room can adjust their own heat. Sometimes folks want it colder, and others want it warmer, and we try to adjust for everyone, but I'm sure with different tastes, you understand it can get tough within a single room. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall!

I really liked the hostel, it had shared bathrooms and showers, but it was quite private for users. It was a quiet place to stay at in the winter, and even DC seems a little sleepy, but the atmosphere was a cosy and friendly one.

I spent 3 days in the Capital View (Fri-Sun). In that short period I needed the help of the staff members and twice they were not there. First, on saturday 9:30AM, and the second sunday 3:30PM. In my opinion, any hostel should have a staff member available for their guests 24/7. I chose to stay in a four bed room. However, the room I stayed didn't have a nice smell and the mattress was old and warped. All really clean. It was the good point .

• 12th Dec 2014

THE GOOD: Convenient location, full kitchen, nice staff, comfortable rooms. THE BAD: Mattress sagged, showers unnecessarily squalid, final price "to pay on arrival" listed by Hostelworld was wrong (you have to pay extra for taxes etc. when you arrive), inconsiderate guests in the next room were very noisy after midnight (because hostel staff leave at 10 PM so there's nobody to solve problems). THE UGLY: Saw a gun shooting outside our window Saturday night, scared a huge rat in the kitchen.

+Security at each door +Space to chill out -Shower was not truly warm and water flow was not adequate. -Beds were not comfortable at all. -WIFI signal very weak in some rooms

Staff is very friendly and helpful. You have to take off your shoes and walking with sox.

We had a great time staying in Capital view, we met a lot of nice people. The staff were always willing to help. It is likely that we'll stay again in this hostel whenever we visit DC. Nevertheless, there are some key points that they should be keeping in mind. There was only one bathroom and a trash basket shared by 10 people, imagine the rest... sometimes is crazy. Plus it wasn't the cleanest place in world. Also, the soap dispenser was broke for almost whole week. No free soap

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Just perfect combination of quality/price. The stuff is very welcome and ready to help. The only problem was that the kitchen was a bit dirty. They have even catch a mouse on it, but it is good that they have finally found it. Apart from this it was just great to stay there.

This hostel has BED BUGS and RATS! In the first day we arrived we found bed bugs in our beds and we asked to change the sheets but didnt work. We would like to change the hostel but all of the hostels were occupied. We talked to the staff about the rat in the kitchen but they say that they could do nothing about it. They were never nice to us and the bathroom it was always smelling. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 14th Nov 2014

Sara at the front desk rocks! Overall good experience, a bit expensive but I think all f DC is. It was very quiet when I stayed there so I felt pretty comfortable.

• 29th Oct 2014