Fabulous 1281 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1281 Total Reviews

21st Apr 2017

Basic accommodations in a great part town. Friendly staff and fellow guests.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2017

The hostel is in a good location, you can walk anywhere.

6th Apr 2017

This is my second stay at HostelWorlds in Washington DC and overall it was good. The location was great, only a 10 dollar cab fare to any attraction. The staff were very helpful and answered all my inquiries. My room at Capital View didn't have an overhead light nor did it have a shelf or hanger bar in the closet. The electric hand blower in the bathroom was going on and off on its own . Pretty scary when you're in the shower. Would I stay there again ? Yes.

• India, Male, 25-30
25th Mar 2017

Although I read about cold water in shower in the reviews before booking but it still came as shock. I stayed just one night and don't really mind cold shower unless it was freezing outside. It was a moderately cold morning so I was ok. Other than that's its safe and ok to live if you are not too fussy about things.

• Croatia, Male, 31-40
23rd Mar 2017

It's nice hostel close to Chinatown. It's safe area and only two metro stations from museums and the Mall.

18th Feb 2017

Cute little hostel in a great location. It's got a lot of character inside. Just a 20 min walk from Union Station and just a 20 min walk to all the monuments and museums on the mall. Nice kitchen, clean rooms, good showers. Only complant was that the internet dropped fairly frequently.

• Puerto Rico, Couple, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

I felt safe, welcomed and everyone was so nice. The place is clean and close to everything. The uber rides were 7 dollars to the white house and it was just awesome! Phil was great!

• Argentina, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
8.0

I had a great time. The staff was friendly, everything clean and confortable, the wifi didn't work very well in the bedroom though.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
10th Feb 2017
6.0

The bathroom was pretty dirty and the rest of the hostel didn't seem that clean either. A lot of the people there were kind of odd during my stay- one woman kept touching herself in the room and one guy followed my friend and I aren't the hostel and watched us at the sink while we were getting ready for bed. I didn't feel comfortable hanging out there. It is in a safe area close to metro, Chinatown, restaurants and coffee shops and its central to almost everything in DC.

• USA, Male, 31-40
27th Jan 2017
7.4

Good value for the location but I had two cold showers while I was there. In January. Others have commented on this in reviews in previous months so I hoped it would have been fixed. It wasn't.

hey there, we do agree that we can do a better job training guests, and we'll work on it! We have tank less water heaters that produce hot water on demand forever. However, if a guest is one of the first to take a shower in a long time, there is a BUNCH of cold water in the pipes, and it NEEDS to run through first - can take up to 5 minutes, depending on what level your room is, and how cold it is outside =)