Capital View Reviews

301 i street NW, Washington DC, USA

A perfect location to the DC tourist spots, metro and major public transportations, Wal-Mart. All within reasonable walking distance.

• 31st Jan 2016

Cold showers

As a single traveller, I was hoping to meet some cool people in the hostel, but got disappointed in this regard. It seemed for me that most of the people preferred to stay for themselves. The staff kept it to the very, very basic level of friendliness; not impolite nor rude, but neither any interest to go beyond this minimum level of friendliness. On the other hand, the hostel is really calm, nobody will wake you up in the night, plus the floor has a very soft carpet, which makes it very silent

Extremely friendly and welcoming. No issues at all.

• 4th Jan 2016

Nice little hostel in a convenient location, close to the train/bus station. Lockers, wifi, everything you need.

A very solid, comfortable, small hostel close to the main sights. I really enjoyed my time here.

Pretty clean and easy check in. Positive experience

• 11th Nov 2015

Loved our stay here! Staff were so friendly and felt so at home here. Rooms and bathroom were great, not a fault with cleanliness. Just a short walk to see the main sights. Kitchen was fab with all utensils and a nice living/dining area to eat in. Felt like an actual home which made us feel very relaxed and comfortable! Pancakes are good to! Would deffo stay here again!

Access to swimming pool and jacuzzi with view of the Capitol = big plus

The location of the hostel is really good but it is probably one of the only good thing I can say about the hostel. The staff is alright but they don't seem to care at all about the comments left by the customers. In many emails, it is notified that the matresses are terrible, and this is true. Even if Informed the staff about the matress during my stay they did nothing, they just asked for my room number and said OK. And I am sure it will change nothing. I stayed 3 nights and it was enough !!!

• 26th Oct 2015

The location in the city was great, walking distance to everything. Felt secure. On arrival we had to wait almost an hour without any explanation to get our room. We waited with other frustrated guests. Our heat system in the room broke, so the second night we were freezing. We had to tell the employees ourselves, and put a lot of pressure on to get the problem fixed. At LAST we got blankets and a new heater. Rooms were OK, but with no mirrors. The bathrooms had bad lightning and were dirty.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Denmark

Had a lovely stay. Great friendly staff who provide recommendations for anything you could think of. Small and well located, I would absolutely recommend.

Nice place. Always enough bathrooms and showers, despite some reviewers concerns.

I only stayed for a night so I can´t say much, but it was a good experience.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Very good central location we didn't get a cab once walked everywhere! Be careful with directions though not very clear from the train station! Beds are super squeaky and feel like your sleeping in a library but for the money you pay what can you expect. Really cool outside space with hammocks to drink and socialise! No lockers available so if your super worried about your that's something to consider but never felt uncomfortable leaving my stuff in the room!

City Hostel is in a great location. It's in walking distance of most of the sights and is close to a bikeshare rental station, which was a really convenient way to get around. My favorite thing about the hostel was that it had door codes instead of keys, so I didn't have to worry about forgetting mine. The hostel was clean overall, but the bathrooms would get pretty dirty during peak hours because there were so few of them. Otherwise, I thought it was a great place to stay.

• 21st Aug 2015

thank you for your comments. It's a bit tough to clean between people taking showers, and staff does come around and check on this routinely, we will make sure to do a better job of that. Thank you!

View all Washington DC Hostels