Capital View Reviews

301 i street NW, Washington DC, USA

great location, amazing staff and awesome roof parties!!! they kept everything super clean. Coming back here the next time....

I have stayed in many European hostels and have never had less than a decent experience. This was my first American hostel and I was diappointed. The good: location, free on-street parking. The bad: it's on the sketchiest corner in all of DC-drug dealers, hookers. Homeless loitering at entrances. Broken windows. Loud noise all night long. Broken/cold showers. Blood stain on blanket. Mold. No staff to be found. $10 fee for arriving after 9PM. Weird atmosphere. No refunds (we moved to a hotel).

Thank you for your comments You did mention the location is good, as we are right in downtown, and the area surrounding it is indeed very nice. We also don't have any broken windows, and would fix that right away surely. There was one shower handle that was broken, that is now fixed; and hot water is always there, as we use tankless water heaters. We haven't noticed other things you've mentioned, as all is cleaned daily, and late fee is only after we close - 10PM. We were not contacted by you

Cant say it's a pleasant stay, I appreciate staff's' responsiveness but the hotel itself was not that wonderful. The utilities need to be improved and the shower experience was the worst. Other than that it's a safe and convenient location for a short term stay. But definitely I wouldn't choose here to stay again, actually it's a quite a disappointment.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

We booked one room in the hostel and one apartment, which is located in another building. The apartment was awesome, really big and fully equipped. On the other hand, the hostel was ok, but I think that there are not enough toilets/showers for all guests, as every time I had to use the toilet or shower, it was occupied.

Very friendly staff, very clean - a nice place to stay. Would come back!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Very good location and facilities

• 9th Apr 2015

This is one of the best hostels I have been to. Very clean. Walking distance to smithsonium.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

hey there! Thanks so much for your review! We couldn't agree more!

We have received a private appartment from the Hostel, which was really amazing. The Appartment was located in the near of the Hostel and was very well located to the national mall and downtown. The appartment had also access to a fitness room and a pool on the roof top. It was really a luxury appartment. I can recommand to book a private appartment of the Capital view Hostel.

• 4th Mar 2015

The beds were comfortable but that was the highlight. There was no breakfast and the showers were cold. We had to beg the staff to fix them. I stayed four days and on the last day i was able to take a warm shower. The location was good. I will never stay there again.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hey there, thank you for your review. We don't offer breakfast, as in DC there are legal issues with that - and we are one of only a few hostels that are fully legal (sorry about that lack). However, we do have a fully equipped kick ass kitchen, and stores all around you in very center of DC. The heater broke on one side of the house, and is now 100% replaced and fixed. Thank you for your patience, as it takes a little while to replace those things.

I recommend this hostel in DC

1 2 Next » last »