Capital View Reviews

301 i street NW, Washington DC, USA

Very friendly staff, very clean - a nice place to stay. Would come back!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Very good location and facilities

• 9th Apr 2015

This is one of the best hostels I have been to. Very clean. Walking distance to smithsonium.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

hey there! Thanks so much for your review! We couldn't agree more!

We have received a private appartment from the Hostel, which was really amazing. The Appartment was located in the near of the Hostel and was very well located to the national mall and downtown. The appartment had also access to a fitness room and a pool on the roof top. It was really a luxury appartment. I can recommand to book a private appartment of the Capital view Hostel.

• 4th Mar 2015

The beds were comfortable but that was the highlight. There was no breakfast and the showers were cold. We had to beg the staff to fix them. I stayed four days and on the last day i was able to take a warm shower. The location was good. I will never stay there again.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hey there, thank you for your review. We don't offer breakfast, as in DC there are legal issues with that - and we are one of only a few hostels that are fully legal (sorry about that lack). However, we do have a fully equipped kick ass kitchen, and stores all around you in very center of DC. The heater broke on one side of the house, and is now 100% replaced and fixed. Thank you for your patience, as it takes a little while to replace those things.

I recommend this hostel in DC

If you want a nice warm shower

• 17th Feb 2015

hey there, We strive on cleanliness, and it's a shame you thought the hostel was not clean - as it is mopped/wiped/vacuumed and shined daily everywhere - especially the showers: so we'd love to hear more regarding this. For facilities, we have a roof top patio with hammocks in spring/summer, nearly free gym access, a year round HEATED roof top Jacuzzi and Pool available once/twice a week, projector room with Foosball table, computer area, free breakfast, etc. Would love to hear comments.

I definitely recommend Capital View hostel. Very good service for the price. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The hostel was clean. I particularly appreciated the no-shoes-inside policy. There is free coffee and pancakes for breakfast on week days, served by a lovely woman :) Note that there are small lockers in the rooms to leave your most valuable possessions. Don't forget your padlock!

• 14th Feb 2015

The Hostel was really nice and the atmosphere was great. The only disadvantage was, that in the evening the showers only had ice cold water.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Great stay! The staff was really friendly and you meet nice people here especially because the kitchen is attached to the common area and people hang out here and watch TV together. They also let me wash my clothes right after I arrived. I loved the breakfast (only Mo-Fr), with tasty waffles made by a really nice lady. Good location, it is close to the Smithsonian Museums, Capitol, National Mall etc, but a bit of a walk to Union Station especially with all that luggage. And the room was cold!

1 2 Next » last »