Capitol City Hostel Reviews

2411 Benning Road NE, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

The mattress and bed sheets look old and unclean, while the whole house is in state of disrepair. The landlord is in another house, I feel insecure as the only female in the house.

I stayed at this hostel for 5 days and would recommend it to anyone who wishes to visit D.C. and is looking for a nice place to stay. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is awesome. The owner took time to explain us how the city functions without being asked. Every night, when we returned to the hostel, it felt like coming home. The bus stop for X2 is just a 1 minute walk away from the hostel and can take you directly to downtown (the White House aswell) I will definitely go back again.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

I love staying there especially it's not out of the DC area and there's a bus directly to downtown (which stops right in front of the white house). The host is wonderful !!, he gives me a basic information of the city (like a professional tour guide) on my arrival to DC. The bed I had was cozy, and huge that two of me can fit in! The bathroom is very clean and dry. 711, Chinese food and halal food is very easily accessible! I had a wonderful stay, and I'd definitely stay there again if i return

The location of the hostel is really convenient as it is on the straight line to the city center and you only need to hop on the bus to get to the major points of interest of Washington, DC. our room was quite spacious and had a bathroom right next to it - that was very convenient. We also enjoyed a well-equipped kitchen that included a kettle and tea-making resources being great contributors in our merry staying at the hostel. Bill is a really hospitable and generous host. A great trip!

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Oleg_K
  • Russia

The directions to the hostel could be updated to include the cost of bus fare

Bill was hospitable and friendly. The restroom was really clean despite having so many guests. The bed was huge and comfortable. Heating was great. However, the second level of the second house should have a wall separating the two rooms.

The location initially doesn't seem too great but it's really only a 25 minute bus ride into the center of things. All the glowing comments about Bill here are spot-on. He's a testament to the survival of hostel and backpacking culture and his passion for supporting travelers really shows. (he quit a career as an attorney so he could run the hostel). Loved hanging out with the other guests. Grungy late-night middle eastern and Chinese food if that's your thing.

Bill is an amazing Host. He did best I have ever seen, really! The houses are good located and very safe. If I should come back to DC I will definetely Stay there again.

Everything was perfect. Simple, but perfect. The owner is the kind of guy who keeps the backpacking spirit live!

• 9th Nov 2013