Capitol City Hostel Reviews

2411 Benning Road NE, Washington DC, USA

The neighborhood isn't very safe and you gotta be careful when walking around there and there's one bathroom with a faulty faucet, but other than these things, it's a great cost-benefit place if you want to visit DC. I didn't meet Bill, the owner, but everyone told he's a great guy.

• 21st Dec 2014

Thank you for being a good guest. However, your grade of this hostel doesn't reflect your statement, "Great cost-benefit place.." Be more kind when you have the best beds and internet speeds and quality of guest (we only accept college aged or passport carrying travelers) otherwise your misleading review will deter travelers from this best hostel. BTW, there are two bathrooms for 4 rooms....not one. and this neighborhood is no worse than any another DC neighborhood that you can book for $28

nice people

The staff is really nice. I stayed there two days. He told me a lot about where to go with a map. Also, he even drew map for me when I departed. The location is quite convenient with a near bus stop. I had good time staying there.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Its a roof over your head and a comfy double bed... the people are friendly. For a girl alone to stay at its scary because its in a 'remote' part of washington quite far from most things... dont judge a book by its cover ... at first sight seems like a bad place to stay but my experience was good!*

• 24th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

This is perfect for the budget traveller. It's not flashy but you get good wifi and a big bed. $1.25 to get to the centre is great and once you're there everything is free. You won't want to spend time in the hostel. Bill the owner is really nice too.

When we arrived, Bill, the owner wasn't there, and there was a lot of confusion, and it put some members of our group off. If the same happened to anyone else, I would just say stick it out, because the place is great for anyone who is looking to stay in DC cheaply, and it has a very personal feel. Not everyone will feel comfortable in the surrounding neighbourhoods, but we had no issues. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to experience DC, and not just see the sights.

this is a wonderful hostel, and is wan exemplary model for the experience one should expect from a hostel. go spend 100 bucks a night if you want a hotel! Bill is a very helpful and completely transparent host and will do his best to make your experience in D.C. a good one. if you come, say hey! to Peter and Mr. Choi for me!

I stayed during the nights mentioned, but I extended for two more nights! Beds are on king size! Yeah! The owner, Mr. Bill, is a very helpful person. Which makes our staying very pleasent and worth it. The X2 Bus will help you arrive in and leave from the Hostel to anywhere downtown Washington, D.C. And in case you need some supplies or you're thirsty for that late refresh, you can go to the Seven Eleven right besides the Capitol City Hostel, 'cause it's opened 24/7! Thank youuu! ;) :D

View all Washington DC Hostels