Capitol City Hostel Reviews

2411 Benning Road NE, Washington DC, USA

I recommend Capitol City Hostel : The hostel is conveniently located in downtown DC , with public transportations less than ten minutes to the National Mall. The hostel is monitored 24 hours a day , 7 days a week by the staff . Bill the owner is welcoming and responds to any inquiry and request . The premises is cleaned every day . Each large bedroom has only 2 bunk beds with full size mattress.Living room with tv , kitchen , computers room . Cheapest option in DC with maximum comfort .

• 22nd Nov 2015

Great place. Great people. Loved staying there.

The area doesn't feel safe at all. We took a cab in the night. The Hostel is sleazy and old. The people who we met were really wasted and it seemed they all don't work and just loitering there. We didn't feel home at all, but we wanted to have a cheap place, which has been established. So we only stayed there to sleep. In our room there was an old lady she supposed to stay there forever (so no young hostel how it is written) and it smelled old and like sleep. It was clean but the beds were awful

• 23rd Oct 2015

It is not even a hostel Is is a house If you want to cook stuff, it is not in the same building Rules are written on a poor sheet of paper The floor is dirty The mattresses are from the previous century The guy who were there to welcome us just yield at us when we ask to pay by credit card instead of cash Your receipt is a piece of paper The guy asked us if we could sleep in the same bed" just in case" You only have 7 11 near by or some fried chicken and kebab place

some odd reason it seems there's trying make sure that I'll never get a Job or Places to lying my Head Peacefully in Life, everyone's all in on this as well, trying to make sure that I'll never finish or accomplish anything? I'm Honestly not some Perv-Bad-Guy facing all these Schemes pathetically can only remember much of what they chose for what, the more I do remember after coma overall appears as others always wanted me out of the picture from the start, I see why my Name wasn't ever on Birth

Located in a pretty rough neighborhood. Beds are comfortable though and close to transport into Washington.

Sleeping in the same room as the guy of the reception desk is not cool. By the way there was no reception desk. There was also only one bathroom, so one toilette, one shower to use. And there wasn't even hand soap in there. There should be at least seperated girl's and boy's rooms.

Each house has two bathrooms split between 12 beds. So there are two toilets per house. Since they're single bathrooms and we're progressive it makes no sense to segregate single bathrooms by sex. The other bathroom in your house is on the basement level. By the way...you chose Peter's room because of the other German girls living in Peter's room.So it's "not cool" to now complain that it is also Peter's room (a guest who helps a lot) when you had other room options.

My friend and I stayed at the Capitol City Hostel because it was near the RFK Stadium (walking distance), there is a bus stop very close too (20ish minutes to downtown). It's a house, not a party place. it is fairly clean, but smells funny. Overall, it's a good place to stay for one night or two.

• 3rd Jul 2015