Capitol City Hostel Reviews

2411 Benning Road NE, Washington DC, USA

Bill is a very nice host. I got bitten a lot by bed bugs. The hostel needs a professional pest-control company.

Markus, thank you for being a good guest. Thank you also for your comments. We use regularly our professional heaters (that heat rooms upto 130 degrees F for a 100% kill of bugs and eggs - this is more healthy and effective than chemicals) but would have appreciated you telling us while you were here so we could've immediately helped you or maybe you were bitten on your last night. Guests bring them in w/ their luggage ...so it's an ongoing fight. Good travels. -Your friends in DC

A woman slept on a chair, an old man thought that is his home and tired me. It was my first time in a youth hotel and because of this experience, I don't want to repeat it. There is work to do, I think. The host, Bill, was nice, but I felt a little bit alone in this youth hotel. I've met some interesting persons but I didn't found a warm atmosphere.

• 8th May 2014

Like everyone says, Bill is great. The only issue is that the house is a bit old, and the neighborhood isn't the best. However, it's close to H street which is a good place to be.

Bill, the owner, is excellent as many others have stated. He's friendly and helpful and knows the city. The hostel itself isnt located in the best part of DC but its close to the metro and right by a bus-route so it only takes about a half hour to get to most of the main attractions. The beds are spacious, though I'd avoid using the blankets as a few of us suspected they may have bedbugs due to us getting suspicious rashes upon sleeping with them. Kitchen was also understocked, with broken oven.

It's really like home. Bill is very very good.

- stains and hairs on the sheets - musty smell in the whole hostel - we slept in our travel sheet - dirty restrooms - absolutely unsafe neighbourhood, not recommend to go out at any time - -

Extremely rude staff. Definitely ruin my day. Not a happy experience.

The mattress and bed sheets look old and unclean, while the whole house is in state of disrepair. The landlord is in another house, I feel insecure as the only female in the house.

I stayed at this hostel for 5 days and would recommend it to anyone who wishes to visit D.C. and is looking for a nice place to stay. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is awesome. The owner took time to explain us how the city functions without being asked. Every night, when we returned to the hostel, it felt like coming home. The bus stop for X2 is just a 1 minute walk away from the hostel and can take you directly to downtown (the White House aswell) I will definitely go back again.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

I love staying there especially it's not out of the DC area and there's a bus directly to downtown (which stops right in front of the white house). The host is wonderful !!, he gives me a basic information of the city (like a professional tour guide) on my arrival to DC. The bed I had was cozy, and huge that two of me can fit in! The bathroom is very clean and dry. 711, Chinese food and halal food is very easily accessible! I had a wonderful stay, and I'd definitely stay there again if i return

1 2 Next » last »