Capitol City Hostel Reviews

2411 Benning Road NE, Washington DC, USA

We didn't meet bill during our two night stay. But read lots of good comments about him.We chose this hostel due to its parking facility. The hostel is a 30 min bus ride into town, bus stop across the road. Room was spacious with double bed bunks.1 bathroom for 3 rooms. Kitchen facilities poor meant we had to spend money eating out. Internet connection fairly good.overall hostel looks old and could do with a spring clean.very quiet hostel would not recommend if backpacking alone

Bill is a very nice host. I got bitten a lot by bed bugs. The hostel needs a professional pest-control company.

Markus, thank you for being a good guest. Thank you also for your comments. We use regularly our professional heaters (that heat rooms upto 130 degrees F for a 100% kill of bugs and eggs - this is more healthy and effective than chemicals) but would have appreciated you telling us while you were here so we could've immediately helped you or maybe you were bitten on your last night. Guests bring them in w/ their luggage ...so it's an ongoing fight. Good travels. -Your friends in DC

A woman slept on a chair, an old man thought that is his home and tired me. It was my first time in a youth hotel and because of this experience, I don't want to repeat it. There is work to do, I think. The host, Bill, was nice, but I felt a little bit alone in this youth hotel. I've met some interesting persons but I didn't found a warm atmosphere.

• 8th May 2014

Like everyone says, Bill is great. The only issue is that the house is a bit old, and the neighborhood isn't the best. However, it's close to H street which is a good place to be.

Bill, the owner, is excellent as many others have stated. He's friendly and helpful and knows the city. The hostel itself isnt located in the best part of DC but its close to the metro and right by a bus-route so it only takes about a half hour to get to most of the main attractions. The beds are spacious, though I'd avoid using the blankets as a few of us suspected they may have bedbugs due to us getting suspicious rashes upon sleeping with them. Kitchen was also understocked, with broken oven.

It's really like home. Bill is very very good.

1 2 Next » last »