Capitol City Hostel Reviews

2411 Benning Road NE, Washington DC, USA

The mattress and bed sheets look old and unclean, while the whole house is in state of disrepair. The landlord is in another house, I feel insecure as the only female in the house.

I stayed at this hostel for 5 days and would recommend it to anyone who wishes to visit D.C. and is looking for a nice place to stay. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is awesome. The owner took time to explain us how the city functions without being asked. Every night, when we returned to the hostel, it felt like coming home. The bus stop for X2 is just a 1 minute walk away from the hostel and can take you directly to downtown (the White House aswell) I will definitely go back again.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

I love staying there especially it's not out of the DC area and there's a bus directly to downtown (which stops right in front of the white house). The host is wonderful !!, he gives me a basic information of the city (like a professional tour guide) on my arrival to DC. The bed I had was cozy, and huge that two of me can fit in! The bathroom is very clean and dry. 711, Chinese food and halal food is very easily accessible! I had a wonderful stay, and I'd definitely stay there again if i return

The location of the hostel is really convenient as it is on the straight line to the city center and you only need to hop on the bus to get to the major points of interest of Washington, DC. our room was quite spacious and had a bathroom right next to it - that was very convenient. We also enjoyed a well-equipped kitchen that included a kettle and tea-making resources being great contributors in our merry staying at the hostel. Bill is a really hospitable and generous host. A great trip!

1 2 Next » last »