Capsule Hotel & Sauna Cosmo Plaza Akabane Reviews

1-39-3, Akabane, Kita-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This is pretty much a bathhouse which happens to have capsules on the top floors. Pretty neat experience although it was 25 minutes away from anything. there is little local bars around, some don't accept foreigners but some do. I was there 2 nights and had to completely check out of the hotel by 10 am between my nights(had to take all my stuff with me). Had outlet in my capsule and wasn't really anything special. It seemed more foreigner tolerant than foreigner friendly.

I cant fault this place as we didn't book ahead for cherry blossom season. They had room. This is men only. This is a proper overnight businessman stay type of place, cause the trains have shut down, it's about 25 min train ride to shinjuku station just for distance sake. I actually loved it cause i was so far out of my element as did my mate i was traveling with. the beds are comfy and they capsule door locks and keeps it quiet while you sleep. the baths are relaxing and you get your own PJ's.

I stayed here for 2 nights. Even though I could speak Japanese language only a little bit, the staffs were very friendly to me. I believe they are very friendly to foreigners, even to those who couldn't speak Japanese language at all.

This is not a hostel. This is an Onsen (Japanese public bath house) that has some capsules upstairs. Staff were very non-English speaking but nice enough, bag security was in their storage cupboard beside reception (24hrs), location was in the red light district 30mins outside of Tokyo, capsules are expensive compared to other hostels in Tokyo and the facilities are what you would expect for an Onsen that see's ?60 people a day. Recommendation: ***DO NOT STAY HERE***

Nice staff, clean areas, public bath and sauna, but no free WiFi and no power outlets in a capsule hotel is a pretty big problem.

Good clean place. No Wi-Fi or power outlet in room. Sauna and bath was nice.