Capsule Inn Kinshichou Reviews

2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very nice place, the staff is helpful, the capsule inn is very close to the subway station and to many typical japanese restaurants, the capsule itself is something you want to try at least one night

• 7th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed the public bath, I even miss it now. This is my first experience of a capsule hotel, and it was very positive.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

The location was good. The Tokyo Skytree was 20 min away on foot. It was very close to the train station as well. Many restaurants in the area. The staff was very friendly. Good internet connection as well. They have separate floors for women and men. The bathrooms are separate as well, but it's more like a common shared space with showers, a small pool and sauna.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Romania

one receptionist didnt speak any english, that was pretty bad for a hostel at hostelword, i would say. sauna and onsen were great! the capsules were pretty old, pretty dirty. there is no plug in the capsules, which is really inconvenient! bathroom and toilet at the floor werent clean.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Austria

The staff was very helpfull by a major problem. They saved my vacation.

I really enjoyed the onsen style bathing area. Very relaxing and a nice end to the day.

The stay was better than I expected. The capsules are relatively spacious (although, maybe I am not very tall to judge). It was just a bit warm in the capsule. The bathroom was clean. I really liked the hot Japanese style bath. It was very relaxing after long days of walking. I just wish there would be also instructions in English. Smoking is allowed in one area. I thought the smell would be worse but it was ok.

One of the few places really for travelers in Tokyo. But there should be more restrooms and a place to smoke, not inside the building.

Good location right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Kinshicho. Walking distance to Tokyo Skytree. If you want to experience staying in a capsule hostel I recommend this one for an interesting experience. I wouldn't want to stay for multiple nights however as the beds are very uncomfortable. Staff could also be friendlier.

Nice location with easy access to public transport, supermarkets, ATM, etc. Capsule itself was clean and definitely worth a try but WiFi worked only in "common room". Nice helpful staff, Onsen very good but bathroom in 6th floor was poor. Only one toilette working and one sink broken. Only 3 power sockets (and 2 of them in the bathroom) for maybe 20 people. No kitchen, only warm water boiler which also provided black

Excellent service. The staff is bilingual, always willing to help out and give recommendations, and the free towel service is incredibly welcome (considering that the price of a bed is not that high).

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed therre for three nights and I really didn't plan to but all the good hostels were booked and I am more than happy that I did it! It is just about the experience and if you stayed like me in hostels for a long time a capsule feels like a private room :). The staff helped me out with all the questions that I had and there is one canadian with fluent english. I felt really welcome and I loved the japanese bath! I also stayed at a traditional japanese place so I saw and loved both places!

• 10th Jul 2014

Guys, please stop allowing smoking in the building, and please replace the carpet. The smell throughout is pretty bad. Otherwise, very good location and convenient access to a central JR line.

Location from JR station was great, and accommodations were decent. Cleanliness and the onset area needs to be improved.

Lockers were skinny and tall so they didn't fit my backpack. Shared bathroom facilities were adequate but small. Bathrooms were clean but the ceiling looked like it was falling down. Location was kind of far from the best parts of tokyo but its very near the metro station and airport line. Staff were great, the communal chill area (only place to charge electronics and get wifi) wasn't very comfortable.

Very friendly Staff, good Location, an old stained building that has been smoked in for a long time, which leaves an unfortunate smell and dirty feeling even inside the capsules. Bath and sauna room however were excellent.

• 17th Jun 2014

This place was great! The staff was very helpful and the setting is very comfortable. They offer free wifi(and some pretty bomb green tea) in the lobby. For getting clean they provide shampoo and soap in the bath house, along with two hair dryers. There are lockers in the bath too. My only issue would be that I didn't use the lockers, and I left my luggage sitting outside my capsule the whole night (as did everyone else though)

• 15th Jun 2014

Old installations. Facilities should be cleaner.

No charging in capsule. Small capsules for tall men. 194 cm myself. Barely fit in there. Dirty place but had a nice onsen included in the price.

If you're looking for somewhere cheap and convenient to stay in Tokyo, this is an excellent option. Facilities were old but clean and serviceable. The women-only floor was nice & quiet. Capsule was fine, a bit stuffy but ok (especially once I opened a window near the lockers on the 2nd night). Staff were friendly & helpful. Don't skip the traditional bathing area - well worth getting over your discomfort over group showers if you're a Westerner! Take the Sobu express line direct from Narita.

• 26th Apr 2014