Capsule Inn Kinshichou Reviews

2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Don't bother- I booked 2 nights here and had arrived late (midnight) on my first night, which I had emailed ahead and advised (was due to snow delaying my flight), and was very rudely 'told' by the staff (who spoke no English) that I had to come back at 1500 to check in, not at midnight, despite the fact I had paid for two nights. The place had little security and was a massive waste of time and money, forcing me to find another hostel at midnight. The common room and reception were disgusting

Very nice hotel and great value for the money!

• 7th Feb 2015

One of the worst place I stayed in. I only booked this to experience sleeping in a capsule hotel. Many of the bathrooms have non working toilets, sinks etc. No maps/tourist guides in English. Dirty men's area. My capsule has non working lights, aweful mattress, shower area has no privacy, Not staying here again.

I wanted the experience of staying in a capsule in Tokyo, and this was ideal. The location is great, close to the subway and JR line and also to decent areas of Tokyo for restaurants/sightseeing. It was nice to have the onsen/sauna to use as well, all a fun experience when in Japan. Bathrooms are a little dated, sinks broken and a bit grubby but for the price i wasn't fussed.

enjoyed my stay at this capsule inn and would recommend to try staying in a capsule for at least a night!

Great experience overall. The downside is poor wifi connection and no plugs in the pods. Facilities were really clean, safe, and unique.

Good location, and the onsen is cool. Unfortunately the dorms smell terribly of smoke, and the floors don't look vacuumed. The bathrooms are super old and the only place where there are power points.

this was a good place to stay, as always wanted to stay in a capsule. the atmosphere was good, think the only thing i would recommend would be to give capsule guest's a little leaflet on the proper way of using the onsen, as although i read up on it it all went blank when i was going to use it. but apart from that great place to stay

Location was quite perfect as it was only a short walk from a JR Line and a Tokyo Metro Line (Z) as well as being quite close to the SkyTree^-^ The facility seemed to be in good running order despite a sink "out of order" but that was no problem as there were 3 other sinks in the washroom. The lockers were tall and slender and even had a few hangers in it which was perfect for me as I only came with a backpack. The bath was Japanese style (if you like that sort of thing). I would stay again^-^

• 17th Oct 2014

So quiet I had the best sleep and an amazing nap. Nice enough area. LOVED the sauna and warm plunge pool. Near an internet cafe. Everyone spoke english. Women only floor made a nice change from hostels and so many things for me to use like makeup remover and straighteners and cotton bud. If you are going to stay in a capsule hotel this is the one to go for. I want to go back as its oddly much nicer than sleeping in a bunk bed as it feels like a private room. All japanese girls were very sweet.

The location is good. But the rooms and amenities are a tad old. The toilet in the rooms are filthy. The capsule itself should be called a time capsule because you'll feel you're back in the 90s. No power plugs in the capsule though, which is a hassle. It's redeeming factor is that it has an old-school public bath house. I can only recommend staying here for one night for the experience.

Classic capsule hotel experience. It's not a hostel vibe but still something you should try while in Japan. The facility is older but immaculately clean and not too far from the subway. Comfortable nights rest :)