Capsule Inn Kinshichou Reviews

2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Good location right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Kinshicho. Walking distance to Tokyo Skytree. If you want to experience staying in a capsule hostel I recommend this one for an interesting experience. I wouldn't want to stay for multiple nights however as the beds are very uncomfortable. Staff could also be friendlier.

Nice location with easy access to public transport, supermarkets, ATM, etc. Capsule itself was clean and definitely worth a try but WiFi worked only in "common room". Nice helpful staff, Onsen very good but bathroom in 6th floor was poor. Only one toilette working and one sink broken. Only 3 power sockets (and 2 of them in the bathroom) for maybe 20 people. No kitchen, only warm water boiler which also provided black

Excellent service. The staff is bilingual, always willing to help out and give recommendations, and the free towel service is incredibly welcome (considering that the price of a bed is not that high).

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed therre for three nights and I really didn't plan to but all the good hostels were booked and I am more than happy that I did it! It is just about the experience and if you stayed like me in hostels for a long time a capsule feels like a private room :). The staff helped me out with all the questions that I had and there is one canadian with fluent english. I felt really welcome and I loved the japanese bath! I also stayed at a traditional japanese place so I saw and loved both places!

• 10th Jul 2014

Guys, please stop allowing smoking in the building, and please replace the carpet. The smell throughout is pretty bad. Otherwise, very good location and convenient access to a central JR line.

Location from JR station was great, and accommodations were decent. Cleanliness and the onset area needs to be improved.

There was no powerpoint in the capsule so make sure you have an extra battery pack or some other way to get power. There are a powerpoints in the room but you need to think of a solution to make it work (power splitters, guarding your devices). Otherwise it's much like a normal hostel.

1 2 Next » last »