Capsule Inn Kinshichou Reviews

2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Although the novelty to stay in a capsule hotel was awesome - and it was pretty cool - it wasn't something I would do again. The rooms smelt musty and vaguely like cigarettes. The property was so old and the capsules were really uncomfortable to sleep in. Other than the 'once in a lifetime experience' of it - I wouldn't stay there again. It is really close to a station and the reception is 24 hours - but I'd give it a miss for more than one night.

Personal shout out to Hide-san at the reception! great guy and very helpful

It was a different experience that I enjoyed. Thank you very much.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Mexico

I stayed here as a quick and cheap place to spend the night while visiting Tokyo for a weekend. Slept like a baby in my capsule, and the hot bath re-invigorated me for another day.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Really great place! I would definitely recommend this hotel. they have an entire floor just for girls with good space and good capsules with lots of space. the girls have their own shower facilities in the basement of the second building - where there are hot tubs with delicious products, hairdryer and cleaning products. really sweet and helpful staff that give good info. unfortunately I was only staying for a day, but would clearly have been if it was not because I was going to kyoto.

Interesting experience. Air conditioner broke down, so they put a big room fan in front of my capsule, yet it still felt like a sauna... The cover for your capsule is just a bamboo pull-down curtain, so you can hear everything outside, just not your neighbors. The capsules come with TV's, but no outlets. The shower room was on a separate floor. There was a guy that spoke English.

OMG, what a night !! Air conditionner break-down, very used installation, bad and strange mood, no luggage room... Stay here if you have no more choice, the good thing is the availabilities...

Authentic capsule hotel with good Japan bath.

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The security in the female capsules was really good, I felt very safe at all times, and the bathrooms on the bottom floor were really clean and never crowded. I will visit again! Thank you

Good place to try out what a capsule hotel is all about.

It's worth staying there only for the money value, the capsules are old, you can only say that you've been in a capsule hotel, you can't enjoy it much.

the only problem i got was the capsule sometimes went off on power, and that there were no power oulets in the capsule, but that's alright, if you think how long the have their original capsules. In overall, i had a most awesome time staying with you guys! Even from the beginning its a cool inn.

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Guidoief

The hostel was great, it's location was spectacular for me, someone whose main goal was to visit akihabara which was less than a 10 min train raid for about a buck 60.

• 16th Aug 2013

lockers really too small and in a different place/floor si everyone keep his luggage near the capsule. Near the station but the aren't a lot to do in the area but it's OK. There wasn't any plug in our capsule so you should find it for example un the living room. The floor ils really ugly so I recommand you to wear the green or pink shoes . One hand soap for everyone. A bit pricey (if you dont book and arrive late it's cheaper) I think but maybe worth to go only for one night.

Great fun showers amazing. No air inside the capsule bad ventilation

Dirtiest capsule hotel I've been to and there are no outlets to charge phones etc. Cool neighborhood and easy to get to the airport though.

Its very good experience in capsule inn. I like it very much. Mostly I like is sauna bath.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • India

Easy to get to. Near sky tree. Subway is cheap. Bar is open late. Nice experience

The hostel has a japanese style bathroom, which for me was not a problem. Since i am not shy to be naked in front of other people, but i thought this should me mentioned. Cleanliness is average, beds are clean but the corridors aren't. good part is they are 24 hour open. Biggest set back is that you can not find a outlet in your capsule so i have to plug your staff in the outlet, which you find in the corridor. The security is good, nothing was stolen during my stay.

It is a low budget capsule hotel but it gave me a very good overall impression. A little old but clean enough to feel ok.

• 10th Aug 2013