Capsule Inn Kinshichou Reviews

2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Lockers were skinny and tall so they didn't fit my backpack. Shared bathroom facilities were adequate but small. Bathrooms were clean but the ceiling looked like it was falling down. Location was kind of far from the best parts of tokyo but its very near the metro station and airport line. Staff were great, the communal chill area (only place to charge electronics and get wifi) wasn't very comfortable.

Very friendly Staff, good Location, an old stained building that has been smoked in for a long time, which leaves an unfortunate smell and dirty feeling even inside the capsules. Bath and sauna room however were excellent.

• 17th Jun 2014

This place was great! The staff was very helpful and the setting is very comfortable. They offer free wifi(and some pretty bomb green tea) in the lobby. For getting clean they provide shampoo and soap in the bath house, along with two hair dryers. There are lockers in the bath too. My only issue would be that I didn't use the lockers, and I left my luggage sitting outside my capsule the whole night (as did everyone else though)

• 15th Jun 2014

Old installations. Facilities should be cleaner.

No charging in capsule. Small capsules for tall men. 194 cm myself. Barely fit in there. Dirty place but had a nice onsen included in the price.

If you're looking for somewhere cheap and convenient to stay in Tokyo, this is an excellent option. Facilities were old but clean and serviceable. The women-only floor was nice & quiet. Capsule was fine, a bit stuffy but ok (especially once I opened a window near the lockers on the 2nd night). Staff were friendly & helpful. Don't skip the traditional bathing area - well worth getting over your discomfort over group showers if you're a Westerner! Take the Sobu express line direct from Narita.

• 26th Apr 2014

I loved staying here! The staff is really nice, the street where it is located is good (try out the bar on the next corner, Yeast, locally brewed beer). Its a bit out of the main center, but its so close to the metro so that makes it easy go downtown. I will definately recommend this place:)

This was my first stay at a capsul hotel. I was suprised with the lwevel of comfort.

• 10th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our first stay in a capsule hotel and as it was our first night, we were pleasantly surprised to find the onsen (bathing hot pool) downstairs! Its a good value for money - and very close to the station . Emma from UK

really needs a refurbishment has paint peeling off the walls and only a few working but not nice toilets, also no where in the capsules to recharge phones etc, probably the worse place I stayed in japan. most of the staff where lovely but one I found rude and arrogant. place was well cleaned but because stuff was so old and in a poor state even after cleaners had cleaned things still looked dirty

This place is very much in need of some TLC. The staff weren't very nice, and about half the bathrooms were out of order and the ones that weren't were very dirty. There was mold in the capsule and in the bathroom and the whole place had a very bad smell.

Are you yearning for that Japanese horror movie experience? Here, you can have it all! Creepy infinity mirror effects, empty hallways with peeling wallpaper, a dampness reminiscent of morgues, and a bathhouse in a basement so deep... so so deep... (Honestly, I made a booking thinking I would be sleeping in a cosy 8-bed female dorm. NOPE. 20 CAPSULES IN ONE ROOM. ALL EMPTY. Or... are they? Don't wait for the sequel. It's never happening.)

Good place to experience the Japanese capsule inn. The place seems little outdated and it was somewhat annoying that the personal locker were located in different floor than your sleeping capsule ( in the male dorm). Bathing facilities were diverse, though, not that welcoming. You are able to use the wi-fi in the reception lounge. Staff wasn't particularly welcoming either but did their job. If you don't mind people chatting in front of your capsule trough the night, you should give it a try.

All staff is very helpful and friendly. The hostel is nearby the JR station(Kinshicho). There is many shopping mall and restaurants nearby. Also, some of the attractions can be reached by walking distance. There is no single bathroom, only open bathroom is available. Overall is good and will consider to stay at this hostel when next vist to Tokyo.

The premises was badly maintained with several toilets out of order. The capsules were in need of some TLC too. The lockers that were available were not adequate for most types of luggage. The staff were relatively friendly and helpful. The price was expensive considering what alternatives there were for the same price range but the capsule experience was good.

Although the novelty to stay in a capsule hotel was awesome - and it was pretty cool - it wasn't something I would do again. The rooms smelt musty and vaguely like cigarettes. The property was so old and the capsules were really uncomfortable to sleep in. Other than the 'once in a lifetime experience' of it - I wouldn't stay there again. It is really close to a station and the reception is 24 hours - but I'd give it a miss for more than one night.

Personal shout out to Hide-san at the reception! great guy and very helpful

It was a different experience that I enjoyed. Thank you very much.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Mexico

I stayed here as a quick and cheap place to spend the night while visiting Tokyo for a weekend. Slept like a baby in my capsule, and the hot bath re-invigorated me for another day.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Really great place! I would definitely recommend this hotel. they have an entire floor just for girls with good space and good capsules with lots of space. the girls have their own shower facilities in the basement of the second building - where there are hot tubs with delicious products, hairdryer and cleaning products. really sweet and helpful staff that give good info. unfortunately I was only staying for a day, but would clearly have been if it was not because I was going to kyoto.