Capsule Inn Kinshichou Reviews

2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

capsules ok, Onsen ok pour le prix mais un seul toilette dispo pour tout l'étage. propreté discutable mais pas rédhibitoire pour le prix. Quartier calme à proximité de la sky tree. Une nuit m'a suffi.

enjoyed my stay at this capsule inn and would recommend to try staying in a capsule for at least a night!

Great experience overall. The downside is poor wifi connection and no plugs in the pods. Facilities were really clean, safe, and unique.

Good location, and the onsen is cool. Unfortunately the dorms smell terribly of smoke, and the floors don't look vacuumed. The bathrooms are super old and the only place where there are power points.

this was a good place to stay, as always wanted to stay in a capsule. the atmosphere was good, think the only thing i would recommend would be to give capsule guest's a little leaflet on the proper way of using the onsen, as although i read up on it it all went blank when i was going to use it. but apart from that great place to stay

Location was quite perfect as it was only a short walk from a JR Line and a Tokyo Metro Line (Z) as well as being quite close to the SkyTree^-^ The facility seemed to be in good running order despite a sink "out of order" but that was no problem as there were 3 other sinks in the washroom. The lockers were tall and slender and even had a few hangers in it which was perfect for me as I only came with a backpack. The bath was Japanese style (if you like that sort of thing). I would stay again^-^

• 17th Oct 2014

So quiet I had the best sleep and an amazing nap. Nice enough area. LOVED the sauna and warm plunge pool. Near an internet cafe. Everyone spoke english. Women only floor made a nice change from hostels and so many things for me to use like makeup remover and straighteners and cotton bud. If you are going to stay in a capsule hotel this is the one to go for. I want to go back as its oddly much nicer than sleeping in a bunk bed as it feels like a private room. All japanese girls were very sweet.

The location is good. But the rooms and amenities are a tad old. The toilet in the rooms are filthy. The capsule itself should be called a time capsule because you'll feel you're back in the 90s. No power plugs in the capsule though, which is a hassle. It's redeeming factor is that it has an old-school public bath house. I can only recommend staying here for one night for the experience.

Classic capsule hotel experience. It's not a hostel vibe but still something you should try while in Japan. The facility is older but immaculately clean and not too far from the subway. Comfortable nights rest :)

Really good place in capsule style. And for ladies also :) Good capsule experience for backpackers and great location, close to JR Station. Staff good, speak english. I recommend for shure. A litle bit old facilities.

Convinient location, easy to find. Capsules are spacious with plenty of room to sit up! Would like to seal off capsule at night to block noise from loud sleepers! We enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others visiting Tokyo.

Great stay, thank you!

Very nice place, the staff is helpful, the capsule inn is very close to the subway station and to many typical japanese restaurants, the capsule itself is something you want to try at least one night

• 7th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed the public bath, I even miss it now. This is my first experience of a capsule hotel, and it was very positive.

The location was good. The Tokyo Skytree was 20 min away on foot. It was very close to the train station as well. Many restaurants in the area. The staff was very friendly. Good internet connection as well. They have separate floors for women and men. The bathrooms are separate as well, but it's more like a common shared space with showers, a small pool and sauna.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Romania

one receptionist didnt speak any english, that was pretty bad for a hostel at hostelword, i would say. sauna and onsen were great! the capsules were pretty old, pretty dirty. there is no plug in the capsules, which is really inconvenient! bathroom and toilet at the floor werent clean.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Austria

This was my first capsule experience and first stay in Tokyo. Location was convenient to get the rail system. quiet area. can walk to Skytree, etc. the bathing facilities were a fun experience. saw a few very friendly yakuza. due to flights i didn't get in until about 7am at the end of the first night of my reservation. the staff allowed me to go sleep anyway, which can be an issue with capsules due to cleaning, so it was nice.

The staff was very helpfull by a major problem. They saved my vacation.

I really enjoyed the onsen style bathing area. Very relaxing and a nice end to the day.

The stay was better than I expected. The capsules are relatively spacious (although, maybe I am not very tall to judge). It was just a bit warm in the capsule. The bathroom was clean. I really liked the hot Japanese style bath. It was very relaxing after long days of walking. I just wish there would be also instructions in English. Smoking is allowed in one area. I thought the smell would be worse but it was ok.