Capsule Inn Kinshichou Reviews

2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I stayed here for the experience of a capsule hostel.capsule hostels are targeted towards men so it nice to find one that had female facilities. Had a great stay! The atmosphere was ok, but was able to meet other travellers easily. The staff are really helpful . It was clean too. The dorm is small and don't have a place to put your suitcase in the capsule but a locker is provided. From talking to other guests, the longer you stay the cheaper it is because I paid a lot more than them!

The staff were extremely helpful and found out information for us. We wanted to know where the Sumo wrestlers practised and they contacted the club for information. Also, we were unsure where to catch our departure bus from and they checked the Internet, printed out a map with an explanation and gave us written instructions in Japanese had we needed them . I don't see what more you can ask for in a major capital city at £18 each a night. Thank you Guys! See Trip Advisor for more comments.

• 1st Apr 2015

Dormí en un hotel cápsula para probar la experiencia. Era muy barato, pero por lo recibido, casi me parece caro. Está cerca de la estación JR. Es muy viejo y está todo muy sucio. Los aseos dan asco, los que funcionan (en my planta 2 de 5). Las taquillas son ridículas para gente de viaje (24cm de ancho) por lo que mi mochila tuvo que dormir a los pies de mi cápsula. Dudo que vuelva a repetir, prefiero cualquier guesthouse o hostel.

Don't bother- I booked 2 nights here and had arrived late (midnight) on my first night, which I had emailed ahead and advised (was due to snow delaying my flight), and was very rudely 'told' by the staff (who spoke no English) that I had to come back at 1500 to check in, not at midnight, despite the fact I had paid for two nights. The place had little security and was a massive waste of time and money, forcing me to find another hostel at midnight. The common room and reception were disgusting

Very nice hotel and great value for the money!

• 7th Feb 2015

One of the worst place I stayed in. I only booked this to experience sleeping in a capsule hotel. Many of the bathrooms have non working toilets, sinks etc. No maps/tourist guides in English. Dirty men's area. My capsule has non working lights, aweful mattress, shower area has no privacy, Not staying here again.

I wanted the experience of staying in a capsule in Tokyo, and this was ideal. The location is great, close to the subway and JR line and also to decent areas of Tokyo for restaurants/sightseeing. It was nice to have the onsen/sauna to use as well, all a fun experience when in Japan. Bathrooms are a little dated, sinks broken and a bit grubby but for the price i wasn't fussed.

ROUGH- I think if you are staying Tokyo and you're roughing it, you could stay here. But this place was rough. It was definitely the least expensive place- and it shows. I might (strongly) recommend spending the extra 500-700yen more and staying at a much nicer hostel.

capsules ok, Onsen ok pour le prix mais un seul toilette dispo pour tout l'étage. propreté discutable mais pas rédhibitoire pour le prix. Quartier calme à proximité de la sky tree. Une nuit m'a suffi.

enjoyed my stay at this capsule inn and would recommend to try staying in a capsule for at least a night!

Great experience overall. The downside is poor wifi connection and no plugs in the pods. Facilities were really clean, safe, and unique.

Good location, and the onsen is cool. Unfortunately the dorms smell terribly of smoke, and the floors don't look vacuumed. The bathrooms are super old and the only place where there are power points.

this was a good place to stay, as always wanted to stay in a capsule. the atmosphere was good, think the only thing i would recommend would be to give capsule guest's a little leaflet on the proper way of using the onsen, as although i read up on it it all went blank when i was going to use it. but apart from that great place to stay