Capsule Ryokan Kyoto Reviews

204 Tshuchihashicho, Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan

i dont write many reviews, but i was so impressed with this hostel! stayed 7 days, which seems like alot, but in kyoto it isnt. have no complaints. stayed in a single room, and i lacked for nothing. the staff was outstanding, and i can only hope i get to go back there someday. tremendous value for the $, great location, excellent english speaking skills, and a great desire to help. thank you to everyone who works there.

I stayed in a single room (yeah I missed the capsule experience) but it's by far the best hostel I've been to since I started to travel around Asia. The staff helps a lot and even provide a small map with useful spots for breakfast, convenience store and bus stop. I would definitely recommend it and go back on my next visit to Kyoto.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • El Salvador

Fabulous staff who are attentive and knowledgeable. We enjoyed everything about the hostel and it was great value for what we paid. They even give you a gift when you leave!

nice rooms and capsules,not expensive,

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Honduras

the room is a bit cramped but the staff is extremely friendly and helpful

A very nice stay.

Nice location and friendly staff. The room is very very compact though.. good use of limited space.. WIFI is only limited to 1st floor which was rather inconvenient

Everything was wonderful!!! I just tought that the rooms could be bigger...

I was probably too old for this kind of place and would not have been able to spend more than one night there. I knew, what a capsule was meant to be, but this place has nothing to do with a ryokan, except the existence of a tatami mat.

• 30th Oct 2012
  • Switzerland

Great hostel...we had a marvelous stay at Capsule Ryokan (Kyoto) and staffs were so helpful and polite that we felt like home. If we get a chance to visit Kyoto again, my wife and I will certainly be staying at this place again. Thank you Capsule Ryokan and staffs for having us.

• 19th Oct 2012

it was really nice. all staffs were very kind and friendly. the room was small but very clean and had all facilities.

This is a really great place to stay. My friend and I shared a twin with private en-suite. Spotlessly clean and comfortable. Small, but very comfortable and perfect for chilling out in after a tough day's sightseeing and/or sake drinking. About ten minutes to the station and a short taxi ride to Gion.

• 19th Jul 2012

The twin room was cosy, but comfortable and very well designed with everything we needed for our stay. The staff were very helpful and there was free internet (unlike our more expensive hotel in Tokyo!). The shower is in the room itself, which could make it awkward if you're travelling with a friend, as opposed to a partner, but we worked round it to avoid seeing each other naked!

the staff is really helpful, nice and when you get there they actually explain to you how to move around, good places near by, etc., and although it might not be "near" the center there is a bus station near by. I loved it and totally recommended, is one of the best hostels i have staid in.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I needed to take a bus to the airport, they called the bus company for me to figure things out. The room was clean and nice. I had internet in my room for no additional charge, which was great. I liked the fancy japanese toilet, too :-)

• 25th Mar 2012

Nicest people we have ever met, very very helpful. Great accommodation.

I don't think this is the place to party - we didn't want to party at our hostel, but if you want a clean, convenient, safe, well equipped hostel with awesome showers in a great location then you can't go wrong. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• 17th Dec 2011

i love this hostel ... 1st they welcome very warmly and 2nd they help me out for places for eating , shopping and visiting. by the way , stuffs are all politely ... the room is clean and very comfortable. but there is only one thing that i think it should be improved is the hostel marker -- i mean the name tag of the hostel -- it's not outstanding : it's quite hard to be seen clearly.

• 4th Dec 2011
  • Thailand

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. If the rooms were larger it would rival most hotels. Cannot recommend enough.

Very nice place to visit Kyoto! Great location, modern and the staff is great.