Capsule Ryokan Kyoto Reviews

204 Tshuchihashicho, Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan

Fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Certainly one of our best experiences- the staff was super-friendly, chatted with us, had some demonstrations in the lobby (though we were too tired to attend), was very helpful, and spoke English well. Along with that, they has a great guidebook they made that felt very earnest (besides being informative and thorough). Bonus points for being affordable and a short walk from the main train station. If we're ever back in Kyoto, we'll be coming back to the Capsule Ryokan.

Excellent, super friendly stuff, just go for it.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great,thanks!

The staff here were so friendly and helpful! The rooms are clean, modern and so efficiently designed! We had the best time here, one of our favourite places to stay on the trip. Can't recommend enough! Thanks for the parting gift too :)

• 28th Jul 2014

Really well thought out concept. Hotel is really near the train station which means not extremely central to a lot of tourist sites but this wasn't an issue at all as the excellent reception staff were always more than happy to help with maps and expert guidance. Hotel is clean and modern. Stayed in a double room and futons were really comfortable. Would recommend here to anyone

• 8th Jul 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were well worth there cost.

A cheap place to stay, but not for those who get claustrophobic. We were staying in a delux double and my partner found it hard to sleep in the tiny room, particularly as the window didn't open. Otherwise a good place to stay.

Loved our stay. The staff was very helpful and even gave us a going away gift.

Great stay!

This place is fantastic!

• 20th Apr 2014

i dont write many reviews, but i was so impressed with this hostel! stayed 7 days, which seems like alot, but in kyoto it isnt. have no complaints. stayed in a single room, and i lacked for nothing. the staff was outstanding, and i can only hope i get to go back there someday. tremendous value for the $, great location, excellent english speaking skills, and a great desire to help. thank you to everyone who works there.

I stayed in a single room (yeah I missed the capsule experience) but it's by far the best hostel I've been to since I started to travel around Asia. The staff helps a lot and even provide a small map with useful spots for breakfast, convenience store and bus stop. I would definitely recommend it and go back on my next visit to Kyoto.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • El Salvador

Fabulous staff who are attentive and knowledgeable. We enjoyed everything about the hostel and it was great value for what we paid. They even give you a gift when you leave!

nice rooms and capsules,not expensive,

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Honduras

the room is a bit cramped but the staff is extremely friendly and helpful

A very nice stay.

Nice location and friendly staff. The room is very very compact though.. good use of limited space.. WIFI is only limited to 1st floor which was rather inconvenient

Everything was wonderful!!! I just tought that the rooms could be bigger...

I was probably too old for this kind of place and would not have been able to spend more than one night there. I knew, what a capsule was meant to be, but this place has nothing to do with a ryokan, except the existence of a tatami mat.

• 30th Oct 2012