Capsule Ryokan Kyoto Reviews

204 Tshuchihashicho, Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan

What an amazing staff! They're always there to help you.The rooms are really great, always clean and comfy. Close to the station and with a good atmosphere.

I intended to stay for two nights but stayed for four as I liked it so much. Every aspect of my double room was well thought out with all mod cons. They also had complimentary toothbrush etc for guests. The staff were just lovely and incredibly helpful with every thing. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• 1st Jul 2015

Lovely place, highly recommend! Very clean and nice. Shower was a pleasure to come home to every day. Room had everything you need and was bigger than we expected (we stayed in a double private room)! Location is excellent, 5 min walk to Kyoto station and a 25-30 min walk to downtown Kyoto (if you have to walk home after the buses close at night). Staff spoke perfect English and were very helpful. Loved my stay here, thank you!!!

This place was the best in every aspect. It was way beyond any expectations and was wonderful. I recommend this hostel to everyone. I have stayed in Japan 5 times for a month each traveling to different cities every 3 days, and this hostel is the best one I have stayed at. (By far) anyone who reads this-stay at this hostel! 😉

• 21st Jun 2015

We had a great time at this hostel. The only reason why we didn't give facilities an excellent is because there was no cooker.

Didn't really know what to expect when booking a capsule ryokan but what we ended up getting we were very happy with! small, but well thought of rooms with mod bathroom accessories (toliet and shower). the staff were great, very helpful and they seemed to have something happening most nights of the week whether it be Calligraphy or free trying of a kimono. also not too far from Kyoto station - great place!

Quite a walk from the kyoto station, especially with luggages.... But once you're there, you get great value for your money...

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

Fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Certainly one of our best experiences- the staff was super-friendly, chatted with us, had some demonstrations in the lobby (though we were too tired to attend), was very helpful, and spoke English well. Along with that, they has a great guidebook they made that felt very earnest (besides being informative and thorough). Bonus points for being affordable and a short walk from the main train station. If we're ever back in Kyoto, we'll be coming back to the Capsule Ryokan.

Excellent, super friendly stuff, just go for it.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great,thanks!

The staff here were so friendly and helpful! The rooms are clean, modern and so efficiently designed! We had the best time here, one of our favourite places to stay on the trip. Can't recommend enough! Thanks for the parting gift too :)

• 28th Jul 2014

Really well thought out concept. Hotel is really near the train station which means not extremely central to a lot of tourist sites but this wasn't an issue at all as the excellent reception staff were always more than happy to help with maps and expert guidance. Hotel is clean and modern. Stayed in a double room and futons were really comfortable. Would recommend here to anyone

• 8th Jul 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were well worth there cost.

A cheap place to stay, but not for those who get claustrophobic. We were staying in a delux double and my partner found it hard to sleep in the tiny room, particularly as the window didn't open. Otherwise a good place to stay.

Loved our stay. The staff was very helpful and even gave us a going away gift.

Great stay!

This place is fantastic!

• 20th Apr 2014

i dont write many reviews, but i was so impressed with this hostel! stayed 7 days, which seems like alot, but in kyoto it isnt. have no complaints. stayed in a single room, and i lacked for nothing. the staff was outstanding, and i can only hope i get to go back there someday. tremendous value for the $, great location, excellent english speaking skills, and a great desire to help. thank you to everyone who works there.

I stayed in a single room (yeah I missed the capsule experience) but it's by far the best hostel I've been to since I started to travel around Asia. The staff helps a lot and even provide a small map with useful spots for breakfast, convenience store and bus stop. I would definitely recommend it and go back on my next visit to Kyoto.

• 24th Jan 2014