Capsule Ryokan Kyoto Reviews

204 Tshuchihashicho, Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan

Amazing hostel from the minute you walk in they give you all the information you need and more to make your stay comfortable. The food places they suggested were cheap and lovely (go to the bakery!) the information booklet gave lots of information and helped us plan our day trips wih ease. Everything was clean and well organised. Great location for the JR station and local sightseeing. Best suited for couples but overall good for everyone.

• 18th Jan 2016

All the maps/tour info and home made guide book were excellent and really helped us out! Could maybe have locks on the big bag lockers

• 13th Jan 2016

Great stay!

• 6th Jan 2016

This was a great place to stay, more like a regular hotel. The rooms were modern and clean and comfortable. Not a great place if you want to meet other travelers but a very good location with great staff and facilities.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Awesome hostel. They will gladly call in reservations, give advice, as well as provide a great itenerary for any situation and they love to get to know you. This hostel felt like home on christmas which made it all the better.

• 20th Dec 2015

Wow I stayed in 3 other hostels during my trip and I find myself telling everyone about my experience at Capsule Ryokan Kyoto the most. Had my own room and ensuite and it was so comfortable and a great value. The thought and detail that went into every aspect of the room was obvious as there was plenty of storage, an amazing shower and sink (that are actually in the main room), and a toilet room with bidet. Could recommend this place enough! Well done.

Great staff (strong English speakers), easy to find, so many resources. Comfortable private room, great storage, overall wonderful experience.

This was one of the best hostel experience ever. We got a really nice, super clean room with nice fresh sheets, good AC, and a spaceship-like shower. The owners thought about everything a backpacker may need, so in our room we had a set of informations about the neighborhood, the up-to-date list of tourist attractions in Kyoto, including opening times and ticket prices, a kettle, a hairdryer, and everything we needed. They provide free kimono to try on! This saved us a lot of money : )

What an amazing staff! They're always there to help you.The rooms are really great, always clean and comfy. Close to the station and with a good atmosphere.

I intended to stay for two nights but stayed for four as I liked it so much. Every aspect of my double room was well thought out with all mod cons. They also had complimentary toothbrush etc for guests. The staff were just lovely and incredibly helpful with every thing. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• 1st Jul 2015

Lovely place, highly recommend! Very clean and nice. Shower was a pleasure to come home to every day. Room had everything you need and was bigger than we expected (we stayed in a double private room)! Location is excellent, 5 min walk to Kyoto station and a 25-30 min walk to downtown Kyoto (if you have to walk home after the buses close at night). Staff spoke perfect English and were very helpful. Loved my stay here, thank you!!!

This place was the best in every aspect. It was way beyond any expectations and was wonderful. I recommend this hostel to everyone. I have stayed in Japan 5 times for a month each traveling to different cities every 3 days, and this hostel is the best one I have stayed at. (By far) anyone who reads this-stay at this hostel! 😉

• 21st Jun 2015

We had a great time at this hostel. The only reason why we didn't give facilities an excellent is because there was no cooker.

Didn't really know what to expect when booking a capsule ryokan but what we ended up getting we were very happy with! small, but well thought of rooms with mod bathroom accessories (toliet and shower). the staff were great, very helpful and they seemed to have something happening most nights of the week whether it be Calligraphy or free trying of a kimono. also not too far from Kyoto station - great place!

Quite a walk from the kyoto station, especially with luggages.... But once you're there, you get great value for your money...

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

Fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Certainly one of our best experiences- the staff was super-friendly, chatted with us, had some demonstrations in the lobby (though we were too tired to attend), was very helpful, and spoke English well. Along with that, they has a great guidebook they made that felt very earnest (besides being informative and thorough). Bonus points for being affordable and a short walk from the main train station. If we're ever back in Kyoto, we'll be coming back to the Capsule Ryokan.

Excellent, super friendly stuff, just go for it.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great,thanks!

The staff here were so friendly and helpful! The rooms are clean, modern and so efficiently designed! We had the best time here, one of our favourite places to stay on the trip. Can't recommend enough! Thanks for the parting gift too :)

• 28th Jul 2014