Captain Budapest Hostel Reviews

Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 3, Budapest, Hungary

Excellent hostel! Atmosphere was wonderful, made friends from all over the world. The Wifi wasn't working properly though, but that was a minor problem. Very well located, at a walking distance from Deak Ferenc Square, and from metro stations that would link to the best places in town to visit.

Great location, charming building with excellent security. But they made me wear a wristband for my entire trip (like the type you wear at a concert etc), which was ugly and annoying. Wifi didn't work consistently in any part of the hostel. Staff ignore you and are not approachable. Rooms very hot with only one fan for a ten bed dorm. Good number of bathrooms, I never had to wait. Overall I would not stay again due to inconsistent wifi and wristband issues.

Location was great! The bathrooms were always flooded and dirty and there was no air conditioning.

This is one of the most satisfying hostel in my trip! It's big and bright and has many pretty clean bathrooms.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • China

my entire stay there i couldnt use the wifi, the intenet was preaty bad.

Wifi didn't work at all. But the location is perfect, good atmosphere and friendly staffs.

I stayed there only one night and it was a good experience. The place is comfortable, has lockers to leave your stuff in. The staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks!

The hostel itself was perfect, literally over the toad from the main square. The facilities have everything you want; kitchen, common room, lockers, powerful showers and although the wifi didn't work on our last day the other two were fine. The staff were so helpful, we had to cancel a night and they helped us out and gave us a full refund.

No check in until 2pm, & the luggage room is so full that you can barely shut the door. Entrance is not very nice, but the building seems safe, with 3 locked doors. It's in a good area within easy walking distance of major attractions. The space to store your stuff under the bunk beds is large enough to fit a carry on suitcase and more, and it locks with a key you're given. The staff was helpful. It was clean. Worst things were the lack of AC, the lack of reliable WIFI, and the noise at night.

• 16th Jul 2015

My friends and I were so impressed with your hostel! Everything was great for us. We were so happy with the bathrooms, they added privacy when we had showers. The kitchen area was perfect, and the beds were so comfy! The lounge area was beautiful too and the view from that room at night was lovely too. The location was spot on, and the staff were so helpful and friendly, thanks guys! The overall atmosphere in the hostel made it easy to get to know people from different places :) ill be back!

• 15th Jul 2015

The hostel does not have a big signboard when you reach the location might be a little bit confused. But after go in the hostel is just amazing, the staff is so lovely and just treat you like friends. The room is so nice and clean.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The internet wasn;t working all the time and the same with the lights in our room. Not enough bathrooms, too many people, need to wait a long time and they were usually left in a disgusting state. Location is excellent and the staff very nice. The kitchen also very well equipped.

Really nice hostel with a superb location and friendly staff. would definitely recommend!

Excellent location! Great staff. I'd come back here anytime.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Great location, unique building with kitchen clean kitchen and bathroom facilities. We're pretty hard to please, yet we fell in love with this hostel and its staff (especially Marcello

The staff was not helpful or friendly. Instead they seemed annoyed by my questions. The bathrooms were always wet and dirty with no place to put your stuff while you showered. The location was good but there was little instruction on how to enter the building or how to leave. They also did not provide a fan for the eight bunk room in the middle of a heat wave (36-40 C).

Locarion is the main advantage, excellant, perfect, wonderfull! I would like to mention that hostel team were professional and really kind all days. Wi-fi connection was available in my room as well. One night was terrible for sleep bacause of unpolite drunk teenagers! But I definately recomend to stay in this cozy place.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever been too. Although the entrance is very deceiving when you come into the hostel you are taken on a tour of the hostel. The kitchen is fantastic!! I also have to mention one of the staff members in particular.. a dude called tibi who is the coolest guy!! He is very chatty and sociable.

Captain Budapest is the best of the best! I had the time of my life here. Awesome hostel and location. Only complaint is that the bathrooms could have been cleaner they were always moldy smelling and wet. Other than that everything was amazing, I recommend this hostel to anyone I know going to Budapest.

I had an fantastic time there. The staff was super helpful and it's so well located that everything was walking distance. Rooms 1 and 2 had an incredible view of Elizabeth Square.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5