Captain Budapest Hostel Reviews

Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 3, Budapest, Hungary

I was just there for one night, but the staff was helpful and it was a cool place at a great location! Everything was vey clean with great facilities and large common areas!

Great hostel in a perfect location - close walk to all major attractions. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the hostel was very clean. I would highly recommend!

Great staff, very sweet. It was my fourth time in Budapest and just needed a place to crash for one night they were very welcoming. Not a party hostel by any means. Very quiet, but clean and it gets the job done. Great location!

in a fantastic location although maybe a bigger sign for trying to locate it would be a good as I walked passed it a few times the first day. really big and spacious. big common room and kitchen area. would definitely stay again

awesome hostel! great location close to metro, shops, cafes and the ruin pub district. the facilities are really nice as well, big rooms, nice kitchen and common room. not a party hostel if thats what you're looking for, but my friend and i enjoyed the laid back vibe so we didnt have to put up with tons of partyers if we werent in the mood.will definitely recommend this hostel to anyone coming to budapest, really enjoyed the city as well. will be back! :)

Captain Budapest is an awesome hostel with unbeatable location on the main square of Budapest, all the metro stations just few steps away. Staff is very helpful and kind, there are many facilities in the hostel. Beds are super big and comfortable , with safety lockers, also the touch key system is very cool and safety. Bathrooms are the nicest I've ever seen in a hostel , and the kitchen and the common are is great as well. The city panorama from the common area window is magic!

• 29th Apr 2015
  • DavidBSmith

Kind friendl personal

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Austria

the unfinished entrance was a little bit alarming at first (i didn't read reviews prior to booking), but once you get inside it's awesome!! The staff was incredible and helped us with everything we needed, and the location was awesome too. There are plenty of single bathrooms, which was nice, and the touch key system is neat. I would love to come back. Highly recommend!!

We just spent one night at Captain's Budapest but we were sad to leave this hostel! There're many facilities, the location is perfect, right in the centre of Budapest, you can go walking almost everywhere and there's a metro station just one minute on foot. Although we didn't spent a lot of time in the hostel, and our roommates were quite annoying, the staff we met (Csenge, Tibi&Mark) was lovely, very helpful and made our stay more pleasant. Thank you guys!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Spain

Unbeatable location. The building it's in is undergoing construction so when you first arrive, you're like, "Where am I?" Just follow the signs. They give you towels which is a huge plus. Beds were SUPER warm and comfortable. However the building was a bit old. The wooden floors creaked so you could hear people coming in and out at night. The kitchen area was nice but my drinks were stolen from the fridge by drunk guests. Not the hostel's fault but it was still upsetting.

The staff was very friendly and helped us with all the informations we needed. The room and the bathrooms were cleaned. We could use the kitchen which was very practical and the location is central. We met also other friendly customers in the Dorm. It has been a nice experience.

• 27th Mar 2015

Wouldn't have wanted to stay at any other hostel. You literally can't beat the location. Seems strange when you first walk in but once you enter Captain Budapest on the 2nd floor it's perfect. The staff were helpful and the rooms and beds were cozy and clean. They have a large kitchen you can use and the common area is super cute to hang out in. Loved our stay here.

The best hostel in Budapest, for sure. It is a new hostel, super clean and central!.

I had such a lovely time. This is a perfect hostel and I would return in a heartbeat. Very convenient location, very clean, great common spaces, and kind, super accommodating, knowledgable staff. The only possible faults are that laundry's a little expensive and wifi can be slightly spotty.

The hostel is in an Amazing location, very close to the main bars and eateries. The rooms had large spacious lockers and the staff tried their best to help with any issues we had. The actual hostel lacked a party atmosphere but it was made up for in the facilities and we met People in the bars. I would definitely recommend.

• 12th Mar 2015

Is one of the best hostels I ever been to. Great location!

We had a great stay - brilliant location and the staff were so helpful and friendly! Would definitely recommend!

• 21st Jan 2015

I have spent 9 days in Captain Budapest. The facilities are great. Rooms are warm (it was -15 outside), common room is great, kitchen is big and has everything you could need. Bathrooms are good, most of them are spacey (one or two were a bit narrow) and there is enough of them. The staff is very friendly and communicative. The location is perfect and most of the things you could need are a few minutes walk away. A very good hostel in all

Nice stay, good location and helpful staff. cleanliness of the toilets and in general could be a lot better.

Wonderful! It's the best hostel I've ever been! Nice, clean and with the best location! I definitely would repeat! I only paid 10 euros for a 12-bed dorm, which was very big with a lot of space, an ensuite bathroom and beautiful views! The only thing is that outside the dorms there were only two showers.