Captain Budapest Hostel Reviews

Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 3, Budapest, Hungary

Toilets and showers were dirty, there was water and hair everywhere. Our dorm room did not work properly and the staff did not speak English very well.

Good location to catch all the main points. The staff was always up to date with the programs and gave me the best tips to discover the city. The hostel is generally clean and the beds are comfortable. Absolutely recommended

• 26th Jun 2015

We had a great stay at the Captain Budapest hostel, we only stayed two nights so we weren't really able to properly judge the atmosphere of the hostel. In general, everything was clean, hostel was very central and not expensive. we were very happy with our stay. (the reason why we put good for the facilities was because there were sometimes queues for the showers and they weren't the warmest)

• 26th Jun 2015

Atmosphere is what really makes a hostel good as a solo traveler and CB has zero... at least when I was there 2 nights no one would interact with anyone else and staff wasn't interesting in lightening the mood. BUT it did have great facilities and location

Great location and great kitchen. Don't be put off by entrance as it is lovely inside. Nice staff too.

Hostel has heaps of potential but lacked something. I think it was the staff. The kitchen,common and bed room areas are great! Just the staff always seemed unfriendly and never got involved with much. Especially the guy who was working in the evening felt like he was judging everything you did.

The only thing great about this hostel is the location. My bed wasn't clean, there were weird hairs on it. The room I was staying didn't have curtains. No power outlets near my bed, I had to go to the common areas to sit and chat

I had a really great stay here! Met lots of great people. The hostel doesn't have much going on each night but it's so close to the ruin bars in the Jewish quarter it doesn't really matter.

Budapest is the best city and Captain Budapest made it even better. Great security, cleanliness and atmosphere. So central.

It is in the heart of the city center!! Staff was really helpful and everything was clean and safe. Loved that they have a kitchen and a refrigerator to store food and that they give free coffee and tea. Only downside is they don't have enough plugs in the rooms but everything else was PERFECT.

Own private bathroom, nice beds and the staff is amazing. I would definitely recommend.

the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Great atmosphere and a beautiful view of the city!

Stayed one night. The staff were nice as everywhere in Hungary, so I have no complains. The kitchen is wide with many tables and the location is centric enough. Regards,

Perfect location, great staff and spacious rooms. Recommend.

Great hostel with friendly and very informative staff where nothing was too much of a problem. Great atmosphere and rooms. Would defiantly recommend this hostel.

The hostel itself is very nice, although the building itself might suggest otherwise upon entering. As the shower curtains are a bit too long and some people leave them hanging outside of the shower thingy, the bathrooms get inundated. A wet floor in combination with dirty feet or shoes makes for relatively dirty showers in an otherwise clean hostel. The staff and location do however definitely make up for that 😊

Great hostel! It was my first one so I wanted to wait before leaving a review. After staying at a few more I can confidently say that Captain is the best one. Great location. And the reception desk is immaculate. The whole team is there to help you, and never got annoyed by my million questions. Until next time!

I loved staying here! Offering female only dorms was the reason I booked this place, but I would come again for many other reasons including the great location and your amazing staff! I did not catch everyone's name but Marcello checked me in and was so helpful the next day answering my questions of where to go. I will be staying here again for my future visit to Budapest!

Our favorite hostel from our whole trip! The location can't be beat and the atmosphere here is awesome. Everything we did in Budapest was recommended to us from the staff or brochures they had on the desk. Definitely stay here if you are in Budapest!

Location was pretty good, very close to metro so you can get anywhere else in the city. Staff were amazing, really appreciated the 24 hour reception. Kitchen was large and always clean, washrooms were also fairly clean, though a bit small with almost no hooks to hang stuff. Beds were a bit uncomfortable but not horrible. Floors super squeaky so be careful if you always come in late. Pretty impressed overall.

« first « Prev 1 2 3