Captain Budapest Hostel Reviews

Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 3, Budapest, Hungary

the unfinished entrance was a little bit alarming at first (i didn't read reviews prior to booking), but once you get inside it's awesome!! The staff was incredible and helped us with everything we needed, and the location was awesome too. There are plenty of single bathrooms, which was nice, and the touch key system is neat. I would love to come back. Highly recommend!!

Unbeatable location. The building it's in is undergoing construction so when you first arrive, you're like, "Where am I?" Just follow the signs. They give you towels which is a huge plus. Beds were SUPER warm and comfortable. However the building was a bit old. The wooden floors creaked so you could hear people coming in and out at night. The kitchen area was nice but my drinks were stolen from the fridge by drunk guests. Not the hostel's fault but it was still upsetting.

The staff was very friendly and helped us with all the informations we needed. The room and the bathrooms were cleaned. We could use the kitchen which was very practical and the location is central. We met also other friendly customers in the Dorm. It has been a nice experience.

• 27th Mar 2015

Wouldn't have wanted to stay at any other hostel. You literally can't beat the location. Seems strange when you first walk in but once you enter Captain Budapest on the 2nd floor it's perfect. The staff were helpful and the rooms and beds were cozy and clean. They have a large kitchen you can use and the common area is super cute to hang out in. Loved our stay here.

The best hostel in Budapest, for sure. It is a new hostel, super clean and central!.

I had such a lovely time. This is a perfect hostel and I would return in a heartbeat. Very convenient location, very clean, great common spaces, and kind, super accommodating, knowledgable staff. The only possible faults are that laundry's a little expensive and wifi can be slightly spotty.

The hostel is in an Amazing location, very close to the main bars and eateries. The rooms had large spacious lockers and the staff tried their best to help with any issues we had. The actual hostel lacked a party atmosphere but it was made up for in the facilities and we met People in the bars. I would definitely recommend.

• 12th Mar 2015

Is one of the best hostels I ever been to. Great location!

We had a great stay - brilliant location and the staff were so helpful and friendly! Would definitely recommend!

• 21st Jan 2015

I have spent 9 days in Captain Budapest. The facilities are great. Rooms are warm (it was -15 outside), common room is great, kitchen is big and has everything you could need. Bathrooms are good, most of them are spacey (one or two were a bit narrow) and there is enough of them. The staff is very friendly and communicative. The location is perfect and most of the things you could need are a few minutes walk away. A very good hostel in all

Nice stay, good location and helpful staff. cleanliness of the toilets and in general could be a lot better.

Wonderful! It's the best hostel I've ever been! Nice, clean and with the best location! I definitely would repeat! I only paid 10 euros for a 12-bed dorm, which was very big with a lot of space, an ensuite bathroom and beautiful views! The only thing is that outside the dorms there were only two showers.

This hostel is greatly located right in the city centre so you're close to everything, and and if you're not - there's a metro stop where practically all the metro lines converge, so transportation-wise it's a great location. Staff is friendly and helpful, it's clean and has kitchen and all the pans you need for cooking (I saw an Asian girl who cooked a 2 course dinner there!). Just at a point when you think the place is ideal comes a bang - it absolutely lacks atmosphere, no vibe at all:(

One of the best hostel we have stayed at. amazing location absolutely central to everything. Great staff however they could get a little more information about local sights. All facilities were excellent, showers don't leak if you just pull the curtain across all the way, It's not hard. Only thing lacking was the atmosphere but I'm sure when its tourist season it would be different.

Very comfortable place. Good location and pretty nice stuff.

Great hostel in a great city. It was affordable, awesome facilities, comfortable, and close enough to many attractions.

Our stay at Captain Budapest Hostel was incredible. We were a big group and since the first moment they tried to make everything as simple as possible. Always willing to attend us and ready for whatever we might need. There was always someone at the reception 24h, and every morning we had coffee before leaving the hostel and it was totally free. There were many bathrooms and the rooms were clean, tidy and big enough. It was a great experience and we all loved it! Thank you very much!

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great place. Friendly staff, clean rooms and good facilities.