Captain Cook Backpackers, Paddington Reviews

162 Flinders Street Paddington, Sydney, Australia

First room: Leaked from ceiling, garbage everywhere, mold all over ceiling. Moved after 1 night. Got sick from mold (many sick people in hostel), bathrooms not cleaned properly (lots of mold) many showers don't work. Talked to staff, left early, no refund. Security also bad, was able to walk in from back entrance without key because back entrance is often left open. Not worth the low price. If this place were inspected, they would lose their license.

I had a good stay here, the staff was friendly and the other guests were friendly and relaxed. The rooftop garden faces opposite of Sydney :-( It is on top of a bar that plays loud music until midnight. It's about a 20-30 minute walk to city and the opera house. Very close to Central train station. My only complaint is my first night somebody puked on the toilet seat and after 4 days it was still there...

Top!! First choise!

• 13th Sep 2015

This is a very, very nice place, the staff is extremely friendly, the location is excellent and you will love the atmosphere . In addition , it is the one of the cheapest places in town. So don't hesitate .

I like the location and style of this old hostel, I stayed in brisbane + sydney +melbourne, the location of captain cook is not too bad with a very low price, 15-20 mins to downtown very convenient. although its a bar downstairs but after 12am it gets quiet. However the room I stayed in was with a funny smell and roommates were indifferent. The reception was nice and helpful but they dont even have a hair dryer. overall with this price Can't be too picky.

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us at The Captain Cook Backpackers! We would like to apologise for not having hair dryers but this is not an amenity that we state on our hostelworld page. Have a great time travelling and we hope to see you again soon. CCH x

it's a very nice place to stay and walk around sydney city. Very pleasure to have met the managers who are so welcoming and considerate. Overall i had very good 2 weeks here and will recommend it to friends! Thank you :)

• 23rd May 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope you come back soon! Safe Travels! CCH x

Really liked this place. My room was clean and spacious, staff friendly and helpful. Bar was great for discounted drinks and food and also live music.

Thank you Chris! We are glad you had a good time! Look forward to seeing you soon. CCH x