Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

I really enjoyed my stay at Halpins. It's in a great location in the heart f the town, and a very comfortable place to lay your head at night :)

• 27th Jun 2015

Wonderful hostel :)

Ok hostel. Nothing special but done the job.

Wonderful experience. Very friendly hosts, excellent price and a charming town.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They really make you feel like part of the family!

• 11th Jun 2015

It was a very good hostel! The owner was more then helpful and I can only recommend to stay at the Captain Halpin's Hostel. Breakfast was very good for only 2€ and there was even fresh, self made bread! Best hostel we had in Ireland.

• 6th Jun 2015

Ian, the owner, is extremely helpful and friendly.

• 5th Jun 2015

Very good hostel. Quiet, clean, good location and very lovely staff .I strongly recommend it.

• 5th Jun 2015

beautiful house in a great town. the first step on the staircase into the loft in 7b is broken and i did slip down a couple times, so I'm sure any future tenants would like if it was fixed

Have fixed that step! :) Thanks for your review - glad you enjoyed the town, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Administrators and reception were so kind and wonderful! Definitely wished I could have stayed longer!

• 22nd May 2015

The hostel is very well located, nearby the city center nevertheless in a quiet surroundings. There are several nice bars, cafes and pubs just around the corner. The owner was very kindly and uncomplicated when he assigned us spontaneously a bigger room then we actually booked. Just one point of criticism: The furnishing looked a little worn - therefore savings should not be attempted in the wrong place.

• 20th May 2015

Very clean, comfortable rooms. Didn't even use the kitchen. Wifi is great! Good location, walking distance from everything. Staff was very helpful and polite, but I'd recommend taking the initiative and asking if you need information on any local activities.

The owner is super friendly with nice team of multicultural staff.

Quite large rooms but room 3 where I stayed had two en-suite shower rooms which was very handy.

• 9th Apr 2015

Very nice atmosphere. I recomend this place ! :)

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Poland

We liked the place so much that we stayed two more days. Ian the owner is a very hospitable person. I liked that some things like paying for breakfast or tea/cofe are totally based on trust. The general feeling of the place is really amazing, like a family house, i will recommend the place to everyone that would like to come to Wicklow with a visit.

Great place!! Very wonderful and helpful staff. Loved having a fully equipped kitchen to use. The location was perfect!! Would definitely return and recommend to any other friend or famiy member! Thank you for your wonderful hospitality!

Very lovely hostel with a super lovely owner :)

Great stay. Cannot fault the place.

I loved this hostel. It's location was great--very near , pubs, restaurants and the coast. Ian was one of the most kind staff we have encountered anywhere. However, being woken up by a loud cleaning staff was not how I envisioned my stay. Regardless, they were kind once I was awake. The bathrooms and rooms were very clean. Breakfast was paid for on the honor system. Everything was nice and laid back, compared to having just been in Dublin. I will definitely make this a stop when I return Ireland