Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

Great place!! Very wonderful and helpful staff. Loved having a fully equipped kitchen to use. The location was perfect!! Would definitely return and recommend to any other friend or famiy member! Thank you for your wonderful hospitality!

Very lovely hostel with a super lovely owner :)

Great stay. Cannot fault the place.

I loved this hostel. It's location was great--very near , pubs, restaurants and the coast. Ian was one of the most kind staff we have encountered anywhere. However, being woken up by a loud cleaning staff was not how I envisioned my stay. Regardless, they were kind once I was awake. The bathrooms and rooms were very clean. Breakfast was paid for on the honor system. Everything was nice and laid back, compared to having just been in Dublin. I will definitely make this a stop when I return Ireland

The owner is fantastic! He dropped us off at the station when we left. We only stayed for a night but it's a great place to crash for a bit if you want a little country town air

Really good place, good for visiting Glendalough, and nice city. You will be OK here. Even though, the ride to Glendalough costs 15 euros per person, and I think is a little too much.

Best place to stay in Wicklow!!! Just a 5 min walk from the busstation.5 min walk to nice kliffs, seal Sally and a great view to the sea! The lovely Owner is incredibe nice and so helpful by any questions. The rooms were nice and clean. The athmosphere great as well. Who wants to go to the Nationalpark needs to get a bus in brae or a car tough! Want to go there defenetly another time!

The flushing of the toilet is not strong enough :D No but really, it's awkward if you have to flush 10 times. The toilet outside of the rooms are better though.

• 20th Feb 2015

The place and the staff was excellent! However, the room clearly need a renovation. The smell of fungus was not good, and not healthy in the long run. But the location and price makes up for the interior.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Great stay in this hostel even it was low season (with few people traveling!) the host is very kind and the lounge and kitchen are very great to rest Delphine from Belgium

Well, I have to say it wasn't a good experience the night we spent in Captain Halpin's Hostel... First of all, we arrived at the scheduled hour and somebody opened the door. The first impression was horrible, as everything was torn apart... The walls were peeling everywere with mold, the entrance was completely wrecked and the first bedrooms we passed by had no floor (all the piping was visible, includind the dirt and so on). I understand it was refurbishing, but it was greedy not letting uskno

I stayed this week, I was the only guest with two stuff members in the hostel. I only stayed one night, and left early in the morning to go to the airport. Owner and stuff were very friendly and welcoming. The hostel is clean, well kept and in a very nice house. I can highly recommend this hostel and will stay again myself on my next Irish adventure.

Come back again ,next year!

incredible staff, very friendly and kind. i was going to a wedding and they offered to give me a ride! lovely area, highly recommend

It's near from the Busaras bus stop. The owner is such a gentleman. We got a private room for two. To our surprise, our tiny room only had one double bed "floating" over it, in order to provide space for the luggage and seats. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great. If you want to go to Wicklow's National Park, the owner can drop you there in the morning and pick you up in the afternoon at €15 p/person. Breakfast not included. You have to pay around €3 daily.

Excellent hostel. I can highly recommend staying here.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

We had a nice stay in the hostel, but there were a few crucial problems. First, our room had mold on the walls, and no matter how much you opened the window you could still smell it. One of the bunk beds in our room was very unstable and it was scary to get on the upper bed. The last problem was that there was no heating in the room and it was very cold there. The staff were very nice and there was a good atmosphere.