Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

Really a lovely little house and nice place to stay!

• 1st Sep 2015

worth a visit

Staff not at all friendly .it was clean but a lot for the shelves and were dusty.

• 21st Aug 2015

this hostel is amazing, and really brings the feeling of 'family' to travelling! I never felt alone while here, and everyone working here was such a great help. I can't wait to come back and visit

The hostel is really close to the beach. The 12-bed dorm was totally fine. It depends whos sleeping in the certain night in there though. For us it was fine. The breakfast for 2 Euro was good.

Very good hostel ! But you have to buy the breakfast 2 euros, good but we kwew that our arrival ! :-)

I loved the place and the staff there.

• 31st Jul 2015

The building is old but its condition was obviously in a state of disrepair in many areas. The furnishings, carpets were very dirty. The floors were unvacuumed and dirty. The overall condition of facilities was sub par even for a hostel. Looks like the place is being run to the ground.

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for two nights, Ian and his staff were incredibly accommodating. The room was very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend. Thanks guys!

Very very nice hostel and almost impossible to feel left out! A great place to come and let your hair down for a few days and relax. Kitchen is kept clean and fully stocked with everything you need. A good breakfast can be bought daily for 2 euro. No complaints whatsoever.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is really nice and the atmosphere couldn't be better! Thanks as well for the bike. Perfect place to stay if you love the beach and the mountains!!

Fantastic staff! All and Ettore in particular!

We had a great time - fantastic staff, friendly locals and a welcoming place to spend your days.

I loved this place,came with friendly staff,and family atmosphere!Best hostel i stayed in so far!

Great location, pretty safe, open atmosphere but some of the guests were asking us to be quiet at 10 o'clock on a Saturday night so if you stay at a hostel on a Saturday, please expect noise.

• 11th Jul 2015

really nice, nice staff and accommodations :)

• 10th Jul 2015

While the location was great and the owner was nice, we did not enjoy our stay and checked out early because of that. From the moment we checked in they did not lay out any sort of ground rules for quiet hours. The beds were incredibly close together with little storage space. People were constantly coming in and out at all hours and they were very loud, rude, and drunk. This place attracts rowdy and rude teenagers who are not considerate of other guests. Would not recommend.

• 4th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Halpins. It's in a great location in the heart f the town, and a very comfortable place to lay your head at night :)

• 27th Jun 2015

Wonderful hostel :)

Ok hostel. Nothing special but done the job.