Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

Administrators and reception were so kind and wonderful! Definitely wished I could have stayed longer!

• 22nd May 2015

The hostel is very well located, nearby the city center nevertheless in a quiet surroundings. There are several nice bars, cafes and pubs just around the corner. The owner was very kindly and uncomplicated when he assigned us spontaneously a bigger room then we actually booked. Just one point of criticism: The furnishing looked a little worn - therefore savings should not be attempted in the wrong place.

• 20th May 2015

Very clean, comfortable rooms. Didn't even use the kitchen. Wifi is great! Good location, walking distance from everything. Staff was very helpful and polite, but I'd recommend taking the initiative and asking if you need information on any local activities.

The owner is super friendly with nice team of multicultural staff.

Quite large rooms but room 3 where I stayed had two en-suite shower rooms which was very handy.

• 9th Apr 2015

Very nice atmosphere. I recomend this place ! :)

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Poland

We liked the place so much that we stayed two more days. Ian the owner is a very hospitable person. I liked that some things like paying for breakfast or tea/cofe are totally based on trust. The general feeling of the place is really amazing, like a family house, i will recommend the place to everyone that would like to come to Wicklow with a visit.

Great place!! Very wonderful and helpful staff. Loved having a fully equipped kitchen to use. The location was perfect!! Would definitely return and recommend to any other friend or famiy member! Thank you for your wonderful hospitality!

Very lovely hostel with a super lovely owner :)

Great stay. Cannot fault the place.

I loved this hostel. It's location was great--very near , pubs, restaurants and the coast. Ian was one of the most kind staff we have encountered anywhere. However, being woken up by a loud cleaning staff was not how I envisioned my stay. Regardless, they were kind once I was awake. The bathrooms and rooms were very clean. Breakfast was paid for on the honor system. Everything was nice and laid back, compared to having just been in Dublin. I will definitely make this a stop when I return Ireland

The owner is fantastic! He dropped us off at the station when we left. We only stayed for a night but it's a great place to crash for a bit if you want a little country town air

Really good place, good for visiting Glendalough, and nice city. You will be OK here. Even though, the ride to Glendalough costs 15 euros per person, and I think is a little too much.

Best place to stay in Wicklow!!! Just a 5 min walk from the busstation.5 min walk to nice kliffs, seal Sally and a great view to the sea! The lovely Owner is incredibe nice and so helpful by any questions. The rooms were nice and clean. The athmosphere great as well. Who wants to go to the Nationalpark needs to get a bus in brae or a car tough! Want to go there defenetly another time!

The flushing of the toilet is not strong enough :D No but really, it's awkward if you have to flush 10 times. The toilet outside of the rooms are better though.

• 20th Feb 2015

The place and the staff was excellent! However, the room clearly need a renovation. The smell of fungus was not good, and not healthy in the long run. But the location and price makes up for the interior.

• 28th Dec 2014