Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! The owner was really helpfull and everybody was very welcoming! I had a great time and felt very comfertable.

I really enjoyed the time I spent here. If you are seeking out a relaxing stay you'll find it here. I felt like I was staying at a family members home with the comfortable sitting room, wide movie selection, and hot showers (it was the best one I've had on my whole trip). The owner was absolutely fantastic. He made sure that we were all comfortable and got to see and explore all the things we wanted to do in Wicklow. He even drove out to us twice when we were stranded on our bikes. It's lovely!

lovely room with handicapped toilet

A fantastic hostel, I had an incredibly friendly and warm welcome and it made my week in Wicklow very special indeed. Very appreciatve of the transport to Glendalough. I would definitely recommend this hostel to all my friends and hope they keep up the good work, thank you so much.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Captain Halpin's Hostel is simply the best hostel I've stayed in in Ireland. The location is superb, facilities are above normal hostel quality for an extremely reasonable price, and the owner goes out of his way to answer all your inquiries and create a lovely atmosphere. Couple that with the beautiful landscape around Wicklow Town and I really see no reason not to recommend staying in Captain Halpin's.

Owner was great!

The owner was very nice!

Everything was quite good except the temperature. Inside the hostel I was really cold.

This hostel would have been great had it been a bit more clean. Great atmosphere and location!