Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

This was a great hostel! Very friendly and quiet at night/mornings while you're sleeping. A perfect location! I'd return here every holiday.

• 16th Sep 2014

The staff and people staying in this hostel really made it great! Sad to have only been there for 2 nights. Everyone was so inviting and welcoming, I really enjoyed my stay here :)

I had a great time,the staff are great and the hostel is in a great location. Highly recommend this hostel.

I can't rave about this hostel enough. We had an amazing week here with the awesome staff and great little town of Wicklow. We were in the 14 bed mixed dorm and everyone was extremely friendly. There is great food for breakfast for cheap and a lot of common space. Wifi worked in the room and there were plenty of outlets everywhere. The hostel was a little hard to find, but it is in a great location in the town. You won't regret staying here.

If we could take this hostel with us everywhere we're going, we would be the happiest travellers! This place has a great atmosphere, we felt very welcome! the owner and the staff are friendly and helpful, and good fun to hang out. the kitchen is very very well equipped! It feels like home there! thank you Ian, Kelly, Phoenix! we had a great stay!!!

invest in new pillows

• 5th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Captain Halpin's Hostel. The location and relaxed atmosphere was great plus the proximity to the seafront was an added bonus, all in all it was well chilled.

• 25th Aug 2014

Friendly Stuff, clean rooms... small hostel but very nice!

Our stay at the Captain Halpin's Hostel was only one night. The staff that greeted us was ok. I can't really say anything about the atmosphere because we didn't spend much time there. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. The location was good-you could get around easily to restaurants, bars, etc. I can recommend the hostel.

The room was different to the pictures and it would have been nice to have a bit more in the room itself, as in a mirror etc. Otherwise it was decent for what I needed it to be, somewhere to sleep.

• 5th Aug 2014

One of the most friendly hostels I have ever stayed over. Clean, just quite a lot of guys in our room. Very kind staff! Good location to get to Wicklow mountains or to visit Wicklow town. I would deffinitely stayed again.

We stayed only one night at the Captain Halpin's Hostel. Our double room was functionally furnished with a bunk bed and two chairs. The bathroom with shower was clean but very small. Directly in front of Hostel has free parking. We felt very comfortable.

Excellent location, friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Denmark
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Was hard to find the hostel. i was in the large mixed dorm which was spread over two rooms so it didn't feel like a 14 bed dorm. people were friendly so it was easy to meet people there. kitchen was ok, a bit dirty but able to cook your own food. tea/coffee costs 50c throughout the day. breakfast for 2 euro looked ok but i didn't eat it myself. bathrooms were fairly clean - 2 enquire showers/toilet for the 14 bed dorm plus another toilet. didn't have problem with it.

The staff is doing a great job.

Such a nice little town. We booked two beds in a four bed dorm and were the only people in there. A nice place to stay for some R

Very convenient location right by the airport.

The room was small but clean. The people are friendly. In town there are several pubs. It is right on the water and walking the town is easy. Take time to visit the castle ruins. When answering the questions about our group they only had 40+ We are all over 65 and felt comfortable in the Hostel. They are not just for kids!

Bargain accommodation, in the middle of Wicklow by the river but pretty quiet. Owner was very helpful and stored our bikes securely for us. Facilities were sufficient and our room had a private en suite. The room was cold (radiator didn't work) and the beds and bedding were dated but overall a very good place for those looking for accommodation on a budget.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Wales

The bedroom was so full .. 14 poeple in a so little room. We was feeling like chicken in a box. Also it was very dirty. The big positive point : the men who welcome us was very kind and helpful.

• 24th May 2014