Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

Great stay in this hostel even it was low season (with few people traveling!) the host is very kind and the lounge and kitchen are very great to rest Delphine from Belgium

Well, I have to say it wasn't a good experience the night we spent in Captain Halpin's Hostel... First of all, we arrived at the scheduled hour and somebody opened the door. The first impression was horrible, as everything was torn apart... The walls were peeling everywere with mold, the entrance was completely wrecked and the first bedrooms we passed by had no floor (all the piping was visible, includind the dirt and so on). I understand it was refurbishing, but it was greedy not letting uskno

I stayed this week, I was the only guest with two stuff members in the hostel. I only stayed one night, and left early in the morning to go to the airport. Owner and stuff were very friendly and welcoming. The hostel is clean, well kept and in a very nice house. I can highly recommend this hostel and will stay again myself on my next Irish adventure.

Come back again ,next year!

incredible staff, very friendly and kind. i was going to a wedding and they offered to give me a ride! lovely area, highly recommend

It's near from the Busaras bus stop. The owner is such a gentleman. We got a private room for two. To our surprise, our tiny room only had one double bed "floating" over it, in order to provide space for the luggage and seats. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great. If you want to go to Wicklow's National Park, the owner can drop you there in the morning and pick you up in the afternoon at €15 p/person. Breakfast not included. You have to pay around €3 daily.

Excellent hostel. I can highly recommend staying here.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

We had a nice stay in the hostel, but there were a few crucial problems. First, our room had mold on the walls, and no matter how much you opened the window you could still smell it. One of the bunk beds in our room was very unstable and it was scary to get on the upper bed. The last problem was that there was no heating in the room and it was very cold there. The staff were very nice and there was a good atmosphere.

I liked the ps3 and the great TV

One of the best places to stay at Wicklow in a cost effective way.

This was a great hostel! Very friendly and quiet at night/mornings while you're sleeping. A perfect location! I'd return here every holiday.

Nothing special to say about my stay at this hostel. It's a quite nice place. The only annoying thing for me, was that the places to park all around are not free. But everything was fine except this fact

The staff and people staying in this hostel really made it great! Sad to have only been there for 2 nights. Everyone was so inviting and welcoming, I really enjoyed my stay here :)

I had a great time,the staff are great and the hostel is in a great location. Highly recommend this hostel.

I can't rave about this hostel enough. We had an amazing week here with the awesome staff and great little town of Wicklow. We were in the 14 bed mixed dorm and everyone was extremely friendly. There is great food for breakfast for cheap and a lot of common space. Wifi worked in the room and there were plenty of outlets everywhere. The hostel was a little hard to find, but it is in a great location in the town. You won't regret staying here.

If we could take this hostel with us everywhere we're going, we would be the happiest travellers! This place has a great atmosphere, we felt very welcome! the owner and the staff are friendly and helpful, and good fun to hang out. the kitchen is very very well equipped! It feels like home there! thank you Ian, Kelly, Phoenix! we had a great stay!!!

invest in new pillows

• 5th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Captain Halpin's Hostel. The location and relaxed atmosphere was great plus the proximity to the seafront was an added bonus, all in all it was well chilled.

• 25th Aug 2014

Friendly Stuff, clean rooms... small hostel but very nice!

Our stay at the Captain Halpin's Hostel was only one night. The staff that greeted us was ok. I can't really say anything about the atmosphere because we didn't spend much time there. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. The location was good-you could get around easily to restaurants, bars, etc. I can recommend the hostel.