Captain Halpin's Hostel Reviews

Leitrim Lodge, Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town Co Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

This place is simple, but the staff is friendly and it has a nice relaxed atmosphere. Wicklow is a small town so you can walk anywhere you need too. There is a supermarket around the corner, the bus stop is a five minute walk away, and there are plenty of pubs. The hostel also provides round trip transportation to Glendalough for 15€, and it's a quick 45 minute drive.

• 7th May 2014

The best hostel I've stayed. The showers are great, the owner is adorable, and the atmosphere is as you are in a big family house.

A mighty hostel altogether

• 2nd May 2014

Only real drawback was location. Note that wicklow town doesn't have many attractions of its own. Glendalough (monastery, national park) is 25km away. Luckily owners drive guests for 15 euro to do a day trip but I don't think they advertise this. Ian (owner) was so nice

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! The owner was really helpfull and everybody was very welcoming! I had a great time and felt very comfertable.

I really enjoyed the time I spent here. If you are seeking out a relaxing stay you'll find it here. I felt like I was staying at a family members home with the comfortable sitting room, wide movie selection, and hot showers (it was the best one I've had on my whole trip). The owner was absolutely fantastic. He made sure that we were all comfortable and got to see and explore all the things we wanted to do in Wicklow. He even drove out to us twice when we were stranded on our bikes. It's lovely!

1 2 Next » last »