5.0
Rating 23 Total Reviews
5.0
Rating 23 Total Reviews
Captain Jack's Hostel Portobelo Located at No 3 Genea, , Portobelo.
Panama
Portobelo Colon No 3 Genea
50% 23
9.5514925 -79.6551060
    Rooms available

20th Apr 2016
5.4

The dorms are really a really bad. Dirty, stinky plastic mattresses..hot at night. The restaurant by is really good. The comon kitchen instead is no kitchen! Was ok to stay there for the last night before our boat left to San Blas, because we met the other crew members there.

• USA, Female, 41+
3rd Apr 2016
4.6

The staff was very friendly, but the sleeping accommodations (beds, bathroom, etc) were terrible. We were the only people staying there that night...we were given sheets...that's all....The beds and pillows were stinky and atrociously uncomfortable. The restroom was dirty, the shower had no hot water and there wasn't even a shower head...just a straight stream of cold water. The place has so much potential....but the owner obviously doesn't care about making the place comfortable at all.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
11th Feb 2016
2.6

Worst hostel ever. Had to fight for my bed with a cat the complete night.. Stuff is not friendly and it is not clean at all. Cannot recommend this place!

7th Feb 2016
5.4

I had a very bad first contact when I got there, I was lost and tired and just ask a simple question to the Manager and he gave me attitude... That was pretty rude but then I met captain Marco which was very nice and openminded and offered me to stay at his other place which was much better. clean room He made me a good deal and his colleague Douglas was also very friendly and welcoming. Maybe I just had a bad luck and the captain Jack but I would strongly recommend Marco's advice for anything.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2016

It was nice to stay there 2 nights, the atmosphere is very familiar and friendly and the staff as well: it is lovely spending time on the terrace of the hostel which is a sort of meeting point for travellers. It is charming to listen to Capitain Jack's adventures and share our travel experience with the others drinking a tasty mohjto and eating delicious food. Thank you!