Captain Jack's Hostel Portobelo Reviews

No 3 Genea, Portobelo, Panama

We loved staying at captain Jack's! The sleeping facilities are super primitive, and hopefully people read the reviews carefully and are aware of that before they come. We certainly did and we got what we expected...a bar with bunks in the basement, excellent food, friendly people, and an amazing location.

I arrived and immediately felt very uncomfortable and unwanted. I took my things and left after about 15 minutes. An hour later I met two other travelers that also felt uncomfortable and left shortly after arriving. We all met a another couple who had stayed and were not happy with the experience. I have stayed in many hostels in my life and I've never left one (especially after I had already paid) but my intuition to me to leave.

• 5th Sep 2015