Captain Jack's Hostel Portobelo Reviews

No 3 Genea, Portobelo, Panama

Expensive for a dorm bed. Food in restaurant was delicious yet quite over priced. Only hostel in town, hence the ramped up prices. Beds were pretty awful. Pillows were stained with mould and had to request bed linen. Doors were left open constantly. Lockers could have been opened easily with a screwdriver.

I have been not satisfied at all for the following reasons: Marco- who's supposed the owner did provide unconsistent information, such as bus time schedule. We have been waited for two hoirs and half ( from 7:45 to 10:15) a bus to La Guayra. To get there we spent 15dollar and time aftterwards. A owner should provide corect details and inform hiself regularly with local transport public. These are very important service for backpackers. Beside this, he said that the restaurant at the hostel accep

• 9th Jan 2016

We loved staying at captain Jack's! The sleeping facilities are super primitive, and hopefully people read the reviews carefully and are aware of that before they come. We certainly did and we got what we expected...a bar with bunks in the basement, excellent food, friendly people, and an amazing location.

I arrived and immediately felt very uncomfortable and unwanted. I took my things and left after about 15 minutes. An hour later I met two other travelers that also felt uncomfortable and left shortly after arriving. We all met a another couple who had stayed and were not happy with the experience. I have stayed in many hostels in my life and I've never left one (especially after I had already paid) but my intuition to me to leave.

• 5th Sep 2015