Captain Youth Hostel (Fuzhou Road. The Bund) Reviews

No. 37 Fuzhou Road, Shanghai, China

I come frequently into the Captains Hostel because of its unique location. You just need 1 minute to the Bund and 5 to the Nanjing Road. Unfortunately the rooms are just okay and the staff not really friendly. Nevertheless I think the best choice for a stay in Shanghai.

Amazing location and great prices, a communal living room with couches, tv ect.. would make it the perfect hostel. Hard to meet people in the current awkward tables and chairs in the foyer. Although still overall highly recommend!

• 15th Jun 2014

The bar is excellent. However when I woke up in the morning I discovered the staff had thrown out both my shoes! A bit strange since I put them in the same location as the others. I didn't have another pair, so it's lucky I got them before they took out the trash for the day. Otherwise the stay was ok.

The hostel is kind of average on the whole, nothingat special, however I got great memories here. The rooms are spacious and the location is perfect, couldn't be any better! Highly recommend this place!

This place mms is about price and location; its cheap and it's right in the Bund. The rooms are no more than a place to sleep, one light for an 8 person dorm means the light might as well stay on til the last person gets in for the night. Bring some toilet paper...there aren't even dispensers for rolls to go in. Overall if you want to spend a night in this part of shanghai for about $10-15 (70rmb) then you cant be too picky and this is worth the price.

• 11th May 2014

Amazing location, beautiful view from the bar on the Bund and Pudong. Nice bar and nice staffs! Toilets a bit smelly...

The guy we met at our arrival was rude and not polite. He barely spoke english. The view frome the bar is excellent.

I have mixed feelings about this hostel on the one hand it's located in the best possible place. this comes at a prizes because the house is realy old and you see that when you enter the hostel. The roof top bar is amazing. the rooms are clean, the bathroom facilities are avarge, water is warm though. Stuff friendliness varys with the guy at the counter. some friendly some not.

Location is fantastic and you cant beat the view from their bar. That said, probably one of the worst beds i have ever slept on (I was in a bunk), and being stingy on providing paying guests with something like toilet paper is a little extreme. Bathroom and shower facilities leave something to be desired and aren't ideal on stays longer than a night or two.

• 21st Mar 2014

Great stay at Captain's Youth Hostel. The place was very clean and well looked after and the staff were helpful. Price was a little higher than other hostels in the area, but a short stay is worth the view from the 6th floor bar. Location is great and they even have a washing machine (but no dryer) for those of us on the road.