Captain Youth Hostel (Fuzhou Road. The Bund) Reviews

No. 37 Fuzhou Road, Shanghai, China

I am very happy with our stay at the Captain, cannot find anything to complain about.....that is just how very happy we are of the place. The young man at the front desk even helped me wrote my order, the way I like it, in Chinese characters on a piece of paper which I then showed it to the fried noodles seller by the street side. Super.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia
  • Couple, 41+

The only 2 things which are good is the location at 2minutes from the Bund and the bar at the 6floor (50RMB for a beer). The staff was cold, don't really speak english and can't give informations about Shanghai! NO toilet paper in all the hostel, the toilet was durty and very bad smell! The bed wasn't confortable, I had a bad night!

No PCs. Staff unhelpful and not friendly. Wanted to send off postcards; first one said to come after 1pm, at 1pm another one said come before 1pm, finally yet another one said they do not send off postcards although they have a whole postcard wall advertising it. Bar is incredibly overpriced. All in all, impression was very budget. Cannot beat the location though.

It was better than i thought. However, the bar on the 6th floor is amazing!!!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I come frequently into the Captains Hostel because of its unique location. You just need 1 minute to the Bund and 5 to the Nanjing Road. Unfortunately the rooms are just okay and the staff not really friendly. Nevertheless I think the best choice for a stay in Shanghai.