Captain Youth Hostel (Fuzhou Road. The Bund) Reviews

No. 37 Fuzhou Road, Shanghai, China

We booked 3 nights but had to leave after one. Room rates are not reasonable. First the didn't want us to move to another hotel. Location is excellent. But I can not recommend the hostel. Better invest some more money and get a 5 star hotel for only a little more money.

• 25th Sep 2015

the rooms were clean enough but the communal sink area and the toilets were not very clean. There was no atmosphere in the hostel whatsoever.

Descent room n great location, just a 5 mins walk to the Bund. Specious room n toilets r clean, but the room is kinda humid n the mattress need to be replaced, it's too flat in my opinion, overused is the word. Roommates are extremely rude n even slept on our bed without felt embarrassed nor guilt, n that's new in my experience. They talked very loud in the early morning, think I'll have to buy a pair of ear plug before I stay here again.

Location is great, beds were comfortable, and value is good. Only things I would say is that the staff was not very pleasant and spoke very minimally. On my second night, there was a band playing somewhere right by the hostel and it didn't stop playing until about 2:30am (on a tuesday…). Also, I stayed in a dorm and it was obvious that several of the girls were staying there permanently, which makes things kind of weird.

Location is excellent for budget and sole traveler like me. I get to know very nice people in the dorm and there is facilities to do laundry and place to hang washed clothes to dry. However, staff were unfriendly and not hospitable. Besides, no handout map available at hostel.

• 15th May 2015