Captain Youth Hostel (Fuzhou Road. The Bund) Reviews

No. 37 Fuzhou Road, Shanghai, China

The location is the key to success for this hostel! With glimpses of the Bund from the dormitory room and a wonderful view from the bar, you feel like location wise you're on par with one of the numerous 5 star chain hotel brands bristling the Shanghai skyline. However, a word of caution...at 90元 a pint, the Murphy's beer is actually more expensive then a bed for one night. A slight let down for a supposed budget option hotel! 这个旅馆的位置是它的最强的好处。靠近外滩,从你的房间的窗户你能看到上海现代的情景。6楼酒吧的气氛非常不错。美中不足的事:酒太贵!

the bed was dirty. It needs to be cleaned

The staff were not very helpful and seemed to not really want to be there . The location is great but it felt more like a guest house then a hostel , with laundry hanging from every window and a flooding bathroom . And no other westerners . I say again the location is great but the instructions to get there are poor

• 18th Dec 2014

I am very happy with our stay at the Captain, cannot find anything to complain about.....that is just how very happy we are of the place. The young man at the front desk even helped me wrote my order, the way I like it, in Chinese characters on a piece of paper which I then showed it to the fried noodles seller by the street side. Super.

• 17th Oct 2014