Captain Youth Hostel (Fuzhou Road. The Bund) Reviews

No. 37 Fuzhou Road, Shanghai, China

I am very happy with our stay at the Captain, cannot find anything to complain about.....that is just how very happy we are of the place. The young man at the front desk even helped me wrote my order, the way I like it, in Chinese characters on a piece of paper which I then showed it to the fried noodles seller by the street side. Super.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia
  • Couple, 41+

The only 2 things which are good is the location at 2minutes from the Bund and the bar at the 6floor (50RMB for a beer). The staff was cold, don't really speak english and can't give informations about Shanghai! NO toilet paper in all the hostel, the toilet was durty and very bad smell! The bed wasn't confortable, I had a bad night!

No PCs. Staff unhelpful and not friendly. Wanted to send off postcards; first one said to come after 1pm, at 1pm another one said come before 1pm, finally yet another one said they do not send off postcards although they have a whole postcard wall advertising it. Bar is incredibly overpriced. All in all, impression was very budget. Cannot beat the location though.

It was better than i thought. However, the bar on the 6th floor is amazing!!!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I come frequently into the Captains Hostel because of its unique location. You just need 1 minute to the Bund and 5 to the Nanjing Road. Unfortunately the rooms are just okay and the staff not really friendly. Nevertheless I think the best choice for a stay in Shanghai.

Amazing location and great prices, a communal living room with couches, tv ect.. would make it the perfect hostel. Hard to meet people in the current awkward tables and chairs in the foyer. Although still overall highly recommend!

• 15th Jun 2014

The bar is excellent. However when I woke up in the morning I discovered the staff had thrown out both my shoes! A bit strange since I put them in the same location as the others. I didn't have another pair, so it's lucky I got them before they took out the trash for the day. Otherwise the stay was ok.

The hostel is kind of average on the whole, nothingat special, however I got great memories here. The rooms are spacious and the location is perfect, couldn't be any better! Highly recommend this place!

This place mms is about price and location; its cheap and it's right in the Bund. The rooms are no more than a place to sleep, one light for an 8 person dorm means the light might as well stay on til the last person gets in for the night. Bring some toilet paper...there aren't even dispensers for rolls to go in. Overall if you want to spend a night in this part of shanghai for about $10-15 (70rmb) then you cant be too picky and this is worth the price.

• 11th May 2014