Captain Youth Hostel (Fuzhou Road. The Bund) Reviews

No. 37 Fuzhou Road, Shanghai, China

The staff were not very helpful and seemed to not really want to be there . The location is great but it felt more like a guest house then a hostel , with laundry hanging from every window and a flooding bathroom . And no other westerners . I say again the location is great but the instructions to get there are poor

• 18th Dec 2014

I am very happy with our stay at the Captain, cannot find anything to complain about.....that is just how very happy we are of the place. The young man at the front desk even helped me wrote my order, the way I like it, in Chinese characters on a piece of paper which I then showed it to the fried noodles seller by the street side. Super.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia
  • Couple, 41+

The only 2 things which are good is the location at 2minutes from the Bund and the bar at the 6floor (50RMB for a beer). The staff was cold, don't really speak english and can't give informations about Shanghai! NO toilet paper in all the hostel, the toilet was durty and very bad smell! The bed wasn't confortable, I had a bad night!