Captain's House Ⅱ Reviews

Opposite Pizza Hut, Hai Yun Road, Sanya, China

Good sized sinlge room with AC, and wifi around the building, although there was difficulty connecting from my room - the wifi in the lobby/ bar was fine though, and it was nice to hang out there anyway. The staff helped organised scooter-hire, too. Within a couple of minutes' walk to the beach, and in the middle of a nice community of convenience stores, souvenier shops and eateries - the alley it branches off of is particularly active for cheap Chinese food - restaurants and street vendors.

I arrived and was greeted by a staff member. He explained to me that the hostel only had male guests at that moment. He asked if I would like to still stay in the hostel, I responded yes. Then after being shown to my room, I entered a room that was very dirty and all beds were being used. The boy who showed me the room said I could just grab a bed. I then returned to lobby to cancel my reservation. I was a little disappointed. They staff member was friendly but things were disorganized.

Atmosphere is incredible, at least with the people who were there when I was. It's run by young travellers who work for board so everything is really relaxed. Rooms are clean and plenty of bathrooms. Also there's a travel agent right next door who can get much lower prices than if you buy direct. Would recommend!

Even though it was low season and typhoon season we had a fantastic time in Sanya (Dadonghai). Some of the staff in the hostel knows english and they're all very helpful. Nice little bar/restaurant offering drinks and food at good value for money. Enjoy amazing beaches and go to Dolphins bar at night to meet locals and expats. Many thanks from Sweden!

One of the most well equipped hostels I've ever been in. They provided towels, cleaned the room every day, and the staff was absolutely wonderful. They were so helpful, and went out of their way to make accommodations. The location is really close to the beach too, which was wonderful!

• 31st May 2014