Captain's House Reviews

Opposite "Sanya Royal Garden Resort", Lu Ling lu(Rd), Da Dong Hai, Sanya, China

The place is fine in every way (nothing spectacular, nothing bad either). Actually, two great things: the rooftop terrace (very chilled for post sightseeing chill), and it is well located and you really get what you pay for. The place is kind of tucked away in a small street >>> quite silent but not easy to find the first time.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • China

The captain's house is great and the captain is a great lad

Great Hostel with a great staff close to the beach. Tom (the captain) is very helpfull when you plan trips or just need some tips for going out in Sanya. Absolute recommendable!

• 14th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is defenitely one of the best hostels I've seen if not the best. Tom the owner is not just somebody who rent u a room, he is willing to help you with everything. I could call him whenever I wanted with questions. Even my last days in Sanya, which I stayed (unfortunately, booked in advance) in another hotel, he still helped us and we could storage the last day at his hostel. He just really wants you to gave a good time in Sanya and helps whenever he can, which is nowadays rare. Location: 👍!

• 14th May 2015

I spent 5 nights there, the only one in the dorm, quite boring :/ anyway Tom is really great, his tips were extremely helpful to have some good time there even in the total emptiness.

I had a nice stay at Captain's. It was a bit pricy (yet still the cheapest hostel I could get in Sanya) because I stayed over the Spring Festival and it wasn't the cleanest hostel I've stayed in, but Tom the Captain was awesome and the atmosphere were really great. I also met a lot of other solo travelers staying here which meant I always had a beach buddy. Also the location isn't too bad, it's in walking distance to two beaches and close to a park where you can see monkeys running around.

I recommend that hostel for everybody!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Russia

Staff was very helpful and friendly! Hostel was a bit out of the way from the main attractions (10-15 min walk to either dadonghai or xiaodonghai), but the fishing village was convenient and cheap. Close to a lot of the area's nature parks. Run out of water pretty quickly with a full house, shower early!

sorry,we will us the electricity get more hotwater at night now

If you want to visit Sanya, booking a room here is a nice choise because you can get a bus for every place/beach quite easily (bus stop is 10 mins walk from the hostel). It is also near to Sanya city, so at night you can take a bus or a taxi going downtown.