Captain's House Reviews

Opposite "Sanya Royal Garden Resort", Lu Ling lu(Rd), Da Dong Hai, Sanya, China

I had a nice stay at Captain's. It was a bit pricy (yet still the cheapest hostel I could get in Sanya) because I stayed over the Spring Festival and it wasn't the cleanest hostel I've stayed in, but Tom the Captain was awesome and the atmosphere were really great. I also met a lot of other solo travelers staying here which meant I always had a beach buddy. Also the location isn't too bad, it's in walking distance to two beaches and close to a park where you can see monkeys running around.

I recommend that hostel for everybody!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Russia

Staff was very helpful and friendly! Hostel was a bit out of the way from the main attractions (10-15 min walk to either dadonghai or xiaodonghai), but the fishing village was convenient and cheap. Close to a lot of the area's nature parks. Run out of water pretty quickly with a full house, shower early!

sorry,we will us the electricity get more hotwater at night now

If you want to visit Sanya, booking a room here is a nice choise because you can get a bus for every place/beach quite easily (bus stop is 10 mins walk from the hostel). It is also near to Sanya city, so at night you can take a bus or a taxi going downtown.

Great location next to the local fishing village, which feels much more "chinese" and authentic. Tom was super helpful and helped us to buy various tickets etc. for a cheaper price than normal. The hostel has a relaxed atmosphere, and the rooftop garden is lush and a nice place to hang out. The room was clean and in good shape. It is a good place to stay if you want to experience real China, and not only the "tourist" places. I highly recommend it. All my best wishes to Tom and this hostel!

Good rooms, clean, helpful staff. Decent slue for the money. Cool old neighborhood nearby to experience the real local culture of Sanya. The building is a bit run down on the outside and there are some problem with the water pressure.

The host, Tom, is the nicest host I have ever met. He was great help when one of my friends got sick and his hospitality is a great experience. The location is good and close by the beach and fishing village. I totally can recommend this hostel! We will return for sure!

Awesome hostel! The staff are very kind and helpful, especially Tom who speaks great english! 5 minutes walk to Dadong bay and maybe 10 minutes to the Downtown area. Rooms are clean and good, the dorm beds could be more comfortable but they are okey! Ended up staying 6 nights

Excellent place, highly recommended. The owner runs this place with an extraordinary, genuine and caring hospitality.

• 29th Nov 2014

Tom is very helpful and an overall nice guy. Rooms are big and clean, they have a nice roof terrace and good breakfast. Location could be better, but it's still more than worth the money. So if you're looking for an inexpensive place as base for trips in and around Sanya I would recommend it.

Great hostel run by a very friendly owner, Tom, who speaks great English and is very helpful. Right next to the fisherman's village which is a great place to get delicious cheap food and but groceries. Little bit of a walk to the beaches but not bad at all. Amazing price for what you get. We ended up staying for 8 days because we enjoyed it so much.

We started with 2 nights to get a feel for Sanya but extended to 4 nights as it was a good base. Tom is absolutely lovely and very helpful with a lot of knowledge about the area. The room was very spacious and clean with good sized, firm beds. The bathroom was clean and performed its purpose. Cheap water, beer and food very much in the backpacker style. Overall it was a lovely stay.

• 29th Sep 2014