Captain's House Reviews

Opposite "Sanya Royal Garden Resort", Lu Ling lu(Rd), Da Dong Hai, Sanya, China

This is a great hostel, right near the da dong hai beach and close to the downtown. The beds are comfortable, the staff very kind and friendly, and it's easy to meet other travelers. They have tours to all the sites, and although I didn't go on them myself, other travelers I met did and they had good things to say about them. My only suggestion to the hostel is to do something about the showers in the bathrooms. The whole rooms gets soaked when you use it. Otherwise, this a great place to stay.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • China

Great and comfortable. Definitely would recommend this hostel.

A worthwhile and enjoyable visit. Well located, easy walking distance to beach and various inner-city sites. Most of the staff speak English very well. I recommend this hostel to any traveler of any age (although be aware a lot of drinking is encouraged some nights). I hope to come back, with my children some day.

At £4 a night on a sunny island you can't beat the price! The hostel was peaceful, it was what we needed to relax and the staff were very helpful and kind. Cleanliness could have been better as the cat was sleeping on a bed in the dorm the sheet didn't get changed but no one was staying in the bed so wasn't a problem. It was close to two beaches and has a lovely rooftop garden to relax in. The internet here is excellent, the best we have experienced in china so far. www.amateurbackpackers.com