Caravella Backpackers Cairns City Waterfront Reviews

149 The Esplanade, Cairns, Australia

We had a double room with Air-Con which was great. Good atmosphere for those looking to meet other travelers. Kitchen and toilets could be a bit dirty, especially kitchen. Not enough burners for cooking during the busy times in the kitchen. But nice enough for the price.

Good for 20 dollars per night. No lockers in the rooms. No fridge in the kitchen just a little one in your own room. If you have to stay few days it's a good hostel.

Caravelllas is a lovely place to stay. Staff made our stay very enjoyable and we booked an extra 3 nights! The location is about 10 minutes walk from the heart of cairns but right on the promenade which is ideal and very beautiful.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Staff very welcoming and friendly. All the team answered all our questions and helped us about our stay in Cairns. We really enjoyed our week in this backpacker!

• 1st Jun 2015

Great hostel to stay while spending time in Cairns. Good and relaxed atmosphere where you can drink your own alcohol in the outside area. Has everything you need and the staff are very helpfull and friendly. Would recommend this hostel to everyone who wants good value for money and stay close to the beach.

Pretty good location right near the water and not too far from the night market! In a quieter part of town if you're doing lots of early tours and need rest. Great kitchen and rooms were nice.

Great hostel - the double room with ensuite for $70 was great value, having a separate room with a couch in it.

The private rooms were well worth the slight cost increase. Very happy with the room quality.

• 17th May 2015

Love this place, booked 5 nights and stayed for 14! Great environment, very good kitchen facilities, friendly and helpful staff, perfect location. Close to everything you need, very short walk from the lagoon and the main part of the city. Only negatives are the fact that there is no hand soap (do people not wash their hands?) and that the bottom bunk is rather small, you can't sit upright as the top bunk is too close.

A place to rest your head, and cook some food, but nothing more.

The girls that work here are amazing!! The were kind helpful and made me feel welcome, if I'm luckily enough to visit cairns again I'll stay here again. Thanks!!!

I first booked 3 days and finally extended 2 weeks. I really loved tbis hostel, felt like at home. The hostel is really clean, 2 kitchens, staff is very friendly and helpful, you can chill out during day time and have some beers with your mates at night. Really easy place to make friends. The location is perfect, on the esplanade, just 10 minutes by foot from the town center, walking along the ocean. maybe internet connection could be a bit better... I definitely recommand Caravella

The safe in reception seemed to be left open a lot- not very secure

Hi, The safe is always locked when the office is unattended and the office is also secured with security cameras and alarm. Nothing has ever gone missing from the safe in the history of caravella backpackers !!! You could have felt completely at ease.

It was great, lovely people and lovely friendly staff. Kitchen and rooms were kept very clean, was very quiet as well. We also got a free upgrade which was awesome so my friend and I had our own room to share together. Definitely would stay here again if I come back.

• 8th Apr 2015

Overall, a good hostel to stay in. The major negative was that the wifi was extremely poor and only worked well next to one table, while also being outside. Some positives were the location, cleanliness, and a free towel upon checking in.

It was the same price as other hostels with the best amenities!! We had an early flight so we needed to check out and return keys before their office opened, but they accommodated us very professionally and handled everything like they've done it a thousand times. Loved this place.

• 7th Apr 2015

This has to be one of the best hostels I've stayed at during my travels in Asia and Australia. The atmosphere is great, tons of picnic tables in the common area between the 2 large kitchens. There's a pool, which I never used but looked well kept. I mostly stayed here as a base in between my trips to the Great Barrier Reef and daintree, staff remembered me each time. All 3 rooms I stayed in were clean. About a 10 minute walk to the lagoon and main area. Highly recommend.

My stay was great! Met some really interesting people. The Aussie lady on the front desk was amazing, I've been in hostels all over the world and she was one of the best staff I've come across! The hostel isn't much of a party hostel but that's okay because I wasn't really interested in that type of hostel.

Would defiantly not stay again. Asked a simple question about how to turn the airconditioning on and had 2 of the staff bitching about me before I had even left the room. Facilities are dirty. Nothing happens in the evenings there. It's awful. One of the worst we've stayed in on the whole east coast.

Friendly Staff, good location, I am really enjoy the stay at Caravella