Caravella Backpackers Cairns City Waterfront Reviews

149 The Esplanade, Cairns, Australia

This was a really clean hostel and the staff were very friendly and great facilities but the people staying there didnt really speak and I am pretty easy going. but might have been a tough crowd and I am an older traveller

Kitchen could have been cleaner and had a bit more supplies but the place has its charm and rooms was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great with a 5 mins walk to town center. Free wifi!! And real AC!

Was clean, secure, location was good. Beds were a little bit old, pillow and sheets looked well worn, but you get what you pay for

Really great value for money! I will come back again!

Great place for a nice price. Would recommend for sure

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Israel

Shits all over the other hostels I've been to around Australia and Europe ! Great vibe and friendly staff. Will be heading back there in December !

• 4th Nov 2013

Spacious double room, great location near the beach. Not to noisy. Nice eating/resting/wifi area.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Good Place to be :)!

Staff were absolutely delightful and it was a great/cost effective room.

very good hostel to stay in except for the internet: the wifi is only free at some times of the day but even then doesn't work at all. fridge and bathroom in each dorm.

The only reason it wasn't a full 100% was when we came back after reception closed, and realised we didn't have the gate code. We knocked on the window to reception, and the chick held up a piece of paper from behind the desk, which we couldn't see and then told us to just shout someone else. She couldn't be arsed to even come to the window so we could see the code, let alone let us in! Apart from her everything else was spot on!

• 22nd Oct 2013

Great hostel with terrific staff! Not a crazy party atmosphere which is what I liked. Very chilled out and relaxed. Quiet at night (I had my own room though...worth the extra dollars!) and provided us with what we needed.

we are not in our youth and therefore felt a bit out of place here, but everyone was friendly and the staff were excellent, our room with ensuite was great, quiet, cool and clean. Had a great night's sleep. Situated just a little bit out of town, so quiet and peaceful at night and could save money by eating at the Woolshed which does great steaks for $8.00.

• 20th Oct 2013

Well what can i say, Such an amazing place to stay in Cairns, The owner Ralph is such a nice bloke, Neil, Hannah and the other reception staff are so nice to speak to and will help you out with anything! Great location only 5 min walk into the centre of Cairns, Extremely Clean Hostel too. Caravella has everything you could ask for 2 kitchens, Huge Pool area and TV area. The cleaners do such a great job in all the rooms, We'll be returning back in the new year and cant wait ! Caravella Rules !!!

• 20th Oct 2013

Very good with the free meals! Nice atmosphere, very good location right at the Esplanade. The wifi was very slow and limited, but there is free comunity wifi in Cairns so I used that instead. Quiet after 11 pm so even if it was noisy until then, everybody followed the curfew and it was quiet during the nights. The kitchen nmight have needed an update with the cooking utilleries, but we ate the free dinner every night. I would love to stay there again and can recomend it to others.

Caravella is absolutely amazing!! Such a fantastic hostel, Perfect location, great facilities, the kitchens are fully equipped & clean, clean linen and showers. Very safe and value for money! Loved the pool area/sun loungers. Great atmosphere to meet people. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend the hostel to everyone. It is definitely the best hostel in Cairns or QLD even!!! The staff made my stay as they are incredibly friendly and provide outstanding customer service. AMAZING!

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Wales

Friendly, helpful staff and comfortable room. Kitchen lacked equipment ie glasses, cooking utencils, dry clean tea towels (at end of day) but on the whole a great place to stay.

• 14th Oct 2013

Had a really good stay here. Our room was clean and very comfortable and we was only a 15 min walk to all the shops. The added bonus was the free evening meal at the woolshed where the food and drink are really good and the bar stays open to the early hours.

Loved it here, everyone very friendly, staff very helpful. A bit of a walk from central area but also a really nice walk along the Esplanade which was always busy and felt safe. I had my own room with onsuite, pleasant surprise to find I had my own sitting room too. I would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Oct 2013

This place was nice, so I extended my stay in here.