Cardboard Box Reviews

15 Johann Albrecht St, Windhoek West, Windhoek, Namibia

Located within walking distance to Independence Ave (main shops and restaurants), and a great atmosphere! However, I took the Intercape in and had to wait outside in the cold for an hour before someone was there to open the gate -- confirm with them that someone will be there early in the morning! Also, not the cleanest hostel in Namibia. Bathrooms/kitchen space gets sparse when the hostel is at capacity, and the internet/wifi had issues while I was there. But if you're backpacking, it's great!

I liked this place. When I wanted to do safari and they couldn't get enough people to it, they arranged it with another company. The WIFI is good. Walking distance to the city center, or take a taxi for 10 namibian dollar. I got my own key to the dorm and there was also lockers in the dorm. Some of the toilets and shovers could have been a bit cleaner, but I don't mind. The free breakfirst is nice. 2 pancakes and a cup of coffe.

The common are is good atmosphere but security is very poor, many thieves at this hostel.