Carlisle City Hostel Reviews

36 Abbey Street, Carlisle, England

Very well maintained boutique hostel. For being practically the only option in Carlisle it was worth it. Nice staff and nice atmosphere - very homely!

Really good hostel. Everything works properly, and the staff was really nice.

Hostel is amazing certainly stay if in Carlisle!! Although Carlisle itself isn't number 1 for tourists it's still a nice city!

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. The owners are super.

Best hostel I have stayed at so far. The staff are super helpful, the atmosphere was very relaxed and I got to meet a lot of people. Room was great. The only downside was the beds were really noisy. Otherwise if you make your way to Carlisle this is a great place to stay.

Nice hostel close to everything. Great staff, clean rooms and toilets, fast internet connection. Thanks

This place is amazing, and the young couple who own and run the place are great. Very helpful and know how a hostel should be!

Nice place and nice owner in lovely hostel :)

Great hostel! Awesome location, friendly staff, huge kitchen to use! Such a great hostel in a small town! Can't wait to return!

Excellent hostel and fantastic value for money. Would definitely stay here again.

We enjoy stay in your hostel. Very nice hostel in excelent place. Only hooks for jackets we mised. Thanks.

A lovely homely hostel in the prettiest street in central Carlisle. It was clean, well ordered and welcoming to muddy smelly walkers. Jono & Cath were really friendly and helpful, giving good recommendations. We will stay here again when we next pass through.

• 20th Apr 2014

The city and hostel is very very quiet, the receptionist is very pretty and amicable, when I cook in the kitchen, I use some unlabled tomato soup and ham, later in the journey, I suddenly think that maybe others' private, I am very very sorry for that, please forgive me.

A great place in the center of the town. Very clean!

I really enjoyed my stay in Carlisle. There weren't many guests while I was there, so things were pretty quiet. I still had plenty of lovely conversations with the other hostel goers - good atmosphere. Everything was very clean and had a "new" feeling - beds were also super comfortable. Free coffee, tea, sugar, and milk was a nice perk. Friendly people run the place, and in a very convenient location. Would stay again!

Very good individual hostel. Cathy and Jona are the best.

Surprising Jon and Cath have only opened the place a last year - got the impressoin they'd been running it for years!