Carlito's Way Reviews

Via Villafranca 10, 00185 Rome, Rome, Italy

If you book here you will stay at one of two locations: the first in the hotel as advertised; the second next to the Russian Embassy (where we all want to stay given recent events...). You are taken there by a random person who you then never see again. The hotel reception is a 5 minute walk away. You pass through military guards (Russian) to get there. No kitchen, not even a fork to use. No common room. Bathrooms flood when you use them. Staff not overly helpful. Will not return.

The room was great and the bathrooms were amazing. Individual shower rooms and toilet rooms made for a good set up. Rooms were clean and there are lockers outside each cluster of rooms to lock valuables. Only downside was there was no real kitchen and the only common room was on the 5th floor. It's a good part if town, away from tourist central but easy to get to everything. A little noisy within the building in the mornings from things echoing but overall a great, tidy hostel.

• 8th Jul 2014

More of a hotel with hostel rooms. There's no common area so you'll only get to know your roommates at most. However, the hostel is in a really nice building and a very good location. It's also probably the most secure hostel as it's located in the embassy district of Rome and as a result, most roads are guarded by soldiers. The rooms are clean and the fans do a fine job of keeping the room cool on hot Rome nights.

çok beğendik sanki saray

It's like a hotel for the price of hostel

Staying here I felt like I was living like a king, the rooms were luxurious and I wasn't left wanting for a thing. It is close to the subway and a few cool places to eat, but this place wasn't set up in a way that encouraged people to meet. Though this hostel has a rather unappealing price, you get what you pay for and it's really rather nice.

street noise :(

• 12th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Good little place, and nice and close to the train station and the sites! The bathrooms were pretty unsatisfactory, and weren't cleaned regularly enough. Nice to have a TV in our room though, and a safe to keep our valuables

At reception I got the impression you had to pay for wifi but I only realised afterwards you have to pay for wifi in your room but it's free in the common area. That was a bit annoying but other than that it was good. It's about a 10 min walk from the main station, so it's not the closest but it's okay.

Stay here 3 days. Big and clean hostel. Friendly staff, good place. Everything good, a little problem that wifi coust 2 euro. I recommendet it in Rome.

Like everyone said before, this definitely feels and is a (former) hotel. The facilities were good and properly cleaned every morning. I was on a 2-month Euro trip and found the front desk staff rather on the apathetic side but the cleaning staff was very nice. It took a while for me to receive assistance from the front desk to resolve a problem with the wifi throughout the hostel, in particular to the top floors. There is not much interaction with the other people staying given the layout.

My sister and I stayed at this hostel in a dorm room and it was the perfect place for what we needed! The staff was so unbelievably helpful and let us leave our luggage there after we checked out while we saw the city some more. They helped us figure out the subway system and recommended an amazing restaurant also. It was definitely a great place for us!

• 19th May 2014

My room was just like an hotel one, only three beds room for 20 euros per night. The bathrooms (shared) were very clean. Free luggages deposit. Very good place to stay if you looking for something cheap and quiet close to the center.

• 10th Apr 2014

Great location, really safe, even in the early morning, there were police all around because of some embassies around. The bedroom and bathroom were really nice and clean, definitely a great place to stay. We booked a room for five and they gave us a room for 3 without any extra charge.