Fabulous 103 Total Reviews
Fabulous 103 Total Reviews
Carlton Arms Hotel Located at 160 E. 25th Street, , New York.
USA
New York New York 10010 160 E. 25th Street
83% 103
40.7402237 -73.9826229
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
12th Nov 2016

Lovely quirky place. I stayed in room 7, a private room facing the street. The man in charge is very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016

Good value place to stay in Manhattan, my stay went smoothly. I would recommend bringing ear plugs because manhatten is really loud and if you have a room overlooking the street it can be quite noisy. Everything was clean, not far from subway, not a fancy place but has character. I felt safe on my own walking outside the hotel.

• sarahdangerx
  • USA, Couple, 18-24
1st Nov 2016

This was the coolest hostel I've ever stayed it. Don't love they gray cat too much he will love bite you. But over all it was such an awesome hotel. We got to choose which room we wanted.

• Finland, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Oct 2016

Location is excellent, in a quiet neighborhood. Subway stations, restaurants etc. are really close. The hotel cats are the cutest! Not suitable for persons looking for basic hotel rooms. The place is really colorful and unique. Beds offer just pillows and a sheet, blankets are offered if asked. We got to choose our room from three options which was nice. The window in our room didn't close properly but a blanket and a radiator in our room kept us warm. Would go there again!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
9th Oct 2016
5.4

The Carlton Arms is dirty & rundown, with flaking paint & mold on the walls. The sink backed up every time I used it & the carpet was stained. When I arrived, the man at reception was rude & acted like I was bothering him by checking in. The other staff were better but nobody was particularly friendly. There was no blanket on the bed & when I requested one, I was given a thin, cheap blanket which isn't really intended for use on a bed. The only saving graces were the art & the cats!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Sep 2016

Great bohemian-artsy style hotel to explore a great area of NY in. It's perfectly located, the area is really safe and it's easy to get anywhere around the city from here. The facilities were clean, the rooms were really awesome, and the staff were pleasant. Great experience.

28th Sep 2016

I was very skeptical in booking a New York hostel but was really taken by surprise on how amazing this hostel is. The staff was great, rooms and bathrooms clean, and the art decorations were phenomenal. Would definitely highly recommend it to all travelers.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
22nd Sep 2016

Very comfortable, minimal hotel with amazing decor and ambiance. The location was perfect, with lots to see and do within a short walk (Madison Square Park, Flatiron Building, Empire State Building, many bars, restaurants, diners, bagels and coffeeshops). The manager was very friendly and our one night stay was wonderful. We will return next time we're in NY.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
19th Sep 2016

Highly recommend Carlton Arms to people who aren't too fussy about the aesthetic nature of the rooms. The walls are painted with colourful murals, which add to the quirkiness of the hotel. Rooms contain basic furniture but the double bed in the private room that I had was very comfortable. The air con unit was in perfect working condition as well. The combined toilet and shower were located next door to my room, which was very convenient, and were kept clean at all times. Great location!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Sep 2016

I'm a fairly easy going person so this hotel was perfect! Plus I like cats and they have two. My room didn't have a window to the street, rather to a brick wall which was fine because it was lovely and quiet. Beds weren't the most comfortable but you get what you pay for. Had a cool location with plenty of bars surrounding and walking distance to Times Square. I would definitely go back if I came to New York again.