Carlton Arms Hotel Reviews

160 E. 25th Street, New York, USA

I had a problem in my room (one night without heat in the middle of february that got me sick) and the following day the heat pipes broke so my room got flooded and also the lobby of the hotel. Its a very old building and the only solution the staff gave me was to out a towel on top of the water and to shut down the heat! When I told them I couldnt stay another day in the cold they told me they were busy with something else so I was sick and had to look for another hotel in a hurry.

Considering this hostel is in the big middle of new york city, I'd have to give it high reviews. I've stayed in hostels there that could at best be called dumps. This one provided privacy, clean sheets, towels and beds, and a quiet environment. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Not the ritz, but for the price, a good value.

• 8th Dec 2014

I came to this Hotel with and opened mind. But this was just to much. The first room i was looked at smelled like a cigarett butt and the other room, that i stayed in, 40 degrees Celsius in December. I had to open the window fully just so I could stay in the room. The Hotel is filthy and run down. The lock on the door is a joke. I you put some pressure on the door it will fall of it's socket. The room was so noisy I felt like i slept in the middle of the highway.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

I absolutely LOVED The Carlton Arms and would highly recommend it to everyone! A most unique hotel, full of wonderful character and the perfect location! And wonderful staff! My favourite NY hotel!

• 13th Nov 2014

A really cool place to stay, far enough out of town that you can pretend you live there but still close enough to all the bits you want to see. Amazing artwork all over the walls and computer with free internet is a bonus. Only negative was doorlocks are a little flimsy but didn't have any problems

• 7th Nov 2014

As a woman who travelled alone, I was nervous... But the area wasn't bad, and the staff was helpful

• 16th Oct 2014

Yeah good location was a bit of confusion when we arrived had already payed a 20% deposit and that went missing but it's a bed in the centre of the city!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

- The hotel is nice and good. - Cleaning (especially for floor) need to be checked before checking-in of customers.