8.1
Fabulous 113 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 113 Total Reviews
Carlton Arms Hotel Located at 160 E. 25th Street, , New York.
USA
New York New York 10010 160 E. 25th Street
81% 113
40.7402237 -73.9826229
    Rooms available

13th Jan 2017

I stayed at The Carlton Arms for three nights. It is a very special place. I started to feel so at home that I kind of miss it, even though FB I am now back in my actual home. The halls and pretty much every other surface have been decorated by artists who live or have little bed there, so each room is unique. Some fixtures are a little "antique " but it is very clean, and my bed was very comfortable. The location was great, too. Coffee and tea are provided, in a little room off the lobby.

• USA, Male, 31-40
11th Dec 2016

The artwork and the cats were great! Good location and reasonable price. We would definately stay here again.

3rd Dec 2016

This place had a great price for this time of year (early Dec), was in a accessible location, and had awesome art throughout the halls and rooms. I only gave the facilities a middle rating due to the showers only having cold/cool water during my stay. (On the bright side, taking a cold shower before heading outside to the cooler temperatures helped, just like taking a cold rinse before diving into a pool.)

3rd Dec 2016

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed no matter how many stars they have. All staff are very kind and friendly. I will definitely stay there again.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
12th Nov 2016

Lovely quirky place. I stayed in room 7, a private room facing the street. The man in charge is very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016

Good value place to stay in Manhattan, my stay went smoothly. I would recommend bringing ear plugs because manhatten is really loud and if you have a room overlooking the street it can be quite noisy. Everything was clean, not far from subway, not a fancy place but has character. I felt safe on my own walking outside the hotel.

• sarahdangerx
  • USA, Couple, 18-24
1st Nov 2016

This was the coolest hostel I've ever stayed it. Don't love they gray cat too much he will love bite you. But over all it was such an awesome hotel. We got to choose which room we wanted.

• Finland, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Oct 2016

Location is excellent, in a quiet neighborhood. Subway stations, restaurants etc. are really close. The hotel cats are the cutest! Not suitable for persons looking for basic hotel rooms. The place is really colorful and unique. Beds offer just pillows and a sheet, blankets are offered if asked. We got to choose our room from three options which was nice. The window in our room didn't close properly but a blanket and a radiator in our room kept us warm. Would go there again!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
9th Oct 2016
5.4

The Carlton Arms is dirty & rundown, with flaking paint & mold on the walls. The sink backed up every time I used it & the carpet was stained. When I arrived, the man at reception was rude & acted like I was bothering him by checking in. The other staff were better but nobody was particularly friendly. There was no blanket on the bed & when I requested one, I was given a thin, cheap blanket which isn't really intended for use on a bed. The only saving graces were the art & the cats!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Sep 2016

Great bohemian-artsy style hotel to explore a great area of NY in. It's perfectly located, the area is really safe and it's easy to get anywhere around the city from here. The facilities were clean, the rooms were really awesome, and the staff were pleasant. Great experience.