Carlton Arms Hotel Reviews

160 E. 25th Street, New York, USA

My third stay there over the last twenty years and very glad and grateful they're still in operation and have stayed true to their mission after all this time. Hope they exist for many more years.

• 24th Mar 2015

I had a problem in my room (one night without heat in the middle of february that got me sick) and the following day the heat pipes broke so my room got flooded and also the lobby of the hotel. Its a very old building and the only solution the staff gave me was to out a towel on top of the water and to shut down the heat! When I told them I couldnt stay another day in the cold they told me they were busy with something else so I was sick and had to look for another hotel in a hurry.

Considering this hostel is in the big middle of new york city, I'd have to give it high reviews. I've stayed in hostels there that could at best be called dumps. This one provided privacy, clean sheets, towels and beds, and a quiet environment. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Not the ritz, but for the price, a good value.

• 8th Dec 2014