Carnival Court Reviews

255 Long Street, Cape Town, South Africa

There was a night club going on in the bar. My room was two floors up and I didn't sleep all night because my bed frame was literally vibrating until 3:00 am. I checked out after one night of zero sleep.

Great location, especially if you're wanting to go out every night. Very central, easy walk to the Water Front, and close to markets. The staff were brilliant, allowing me to shower when I arrived even though it was before check in, and I had an issue with my bank card and contacting my bank, but Enrico was great in trying to help me. Couldn't have a better stay.

Good place if you like parties, otherwise avoid entire Long Street. Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Cheers!

Very loud at night

Good for partying and meeting people but bad if you wanna get a good nights sleep! Definetly going to need earplugs (which are free at the reception). Stayed there twice and both times the rooms were very dirty!

Better places to stay, run down and noisy. Not a very social place

• 8th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

It's worth for few days! The staff are friendly and the location is perfect on the Long Street. Go and enjoy Cape Town!

Great location. Everything else is horrible, dirty, so so so loud, showers are gross, beds are hard, staff are alright. Great place to party. Would never stay here again.

Heart of city center and with a sweet bar in the lobby, this place is super loud with a party atmosphere, it is an awesome hostel and exactly what we were looking for. Do not stay here if you're looking to get a good sleep each night. Staff was very helpful.

PEOPLE it's loud here. Don't stay here and expect to sleep :-) I Loved it here :-) The staff was great and helped me with everything I needed :-) I met lifetime friends here. I'll definitely come back and stay. Come and stay with a open heart and mind. Love you Carnival Court!

Great hostel right in the middle of Cape Town, relaxed atmosphere during the day and nice bar at night. Good place to stay if you only have a few days in Cape Town!

Guest should know that the noise at night when the bar starts oparating is unbareable, we were supposed to stay for 4 nights and ended up staying for just 2 because of that.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Israel

Grea stay! The staff is very helpful and always give you good suggestions. Its a bit noisy at night cause the bar closes quite late. The curtains in the room should be a bit thicker cause at 6 in the morning is looks like as if you left the lights switched on. Overall very good, and the location is perfect

Location was great and price is hard to beat, but the hostel itself was near-empty and very quiet, despite a reputation as a fun, party-oriented hostel. If you're looking for a cheap place, this is a good option. If you're looking for a fun place to start your nights and meet people, you may want to look elsewhere.

Very noisy place. It is not secure. Nobody cleans the room in 4 days. The price was more expensive that the place represents. It is the worst place I stay ever.

Too noisy!!! The street and the pipes in the building.

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Ideal if you like to go for a party in Cape Town since it is located in the middle of Long Street - however, if you need a quiet place to sleep it might not be perfect during the weekend....

Great place if you looking for somewhere to meet funky people and get out around long street. Noisy location but that's what you expect given its on long street. Had a really fun time here

Internet didn't work. Instead I was advised to steal internet from the cafe downstairs. Shower drains were more or less clogged, and required you to stand in a bath of shared shower water if taking a shower longer than 30 seconds. Bed was covered in hairs that were not mine. Bar was rarely crowded, yet they insisted on blasting music as loud as possible.

• 30th May 2013