Carpe Noctem Original Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Awesome hostel with awesome staff, will be back soon.

4th time staying at Carpe Noctem and it never seizes to amaze me how awesome the hostel is. Family dinners and events every night, hostel is super clean and staff are always there to give you the insider tips on where to eat/drink and what to see. GREATEST HOSTEL IN ALL THE LAND!!

An amazing place to have a great time in Budapest! The atmosphere is really good! The guys are friendly, doing everything for you to feel home! Even though it's a party hostel it's really quiet at night, so if by any reason you don't want to go out you will sleep well. Perhaps some people can arrive drunk and make some noise but c'mon, it can happen in any hostel (it didn't happen any night I stayed there). The location is excellent! I totally recommend!!! I had a awesome time there!!!

Extremely clean, friendly staff, events planned each night, and home cooked meals every night. Offers pretty much everything that you'd want from a hostel. Would recommend to anyone going to Budapest.

I have been travelling for 5 months now and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The atmosphere is amazing! If you like to party, there's something happening every night, hanging with the absolutely awesome crew then hitting the most awesome pubs and clubs or if it's your time for that needed one night off it works aswell! I can't express how awesome the staff are, so accomodating and friendly, booking activities or just a chat, they're the best!! Highly recommend! You won't regret it.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Shitzhu and the rest of the crew I met.. Legends!

• 3rd Jan 2016

I would warmly recommend this hostel especially to people who usually travel alone because there it's very easy to meet other people and the receptionist helps you in this. The staff was very welcoming and helpful with us. They gave us a lot of pieces of information and prepared us also a cup of tea to warm up when we arrived. Very close to the hostel there is also a subway station. So if you want you can reach quickly the centre using the underground. But you can reach every place also walking.

• 1st Jan 2016

A good hostel, but not for everyone. A very family like party hostel. Very small and welcoming but if you don't want to party every night, maybe not the right place for you. The whole hostel was freezing cold as well as the whole city making it hard to completely enjoy the time spent in Budapest. No space for privacy. While the hostel is supposed to be quiet starting at 9pm, this wasn't always the case one of the nights I stayed.

If the staff get to read this you're all sick and we love you guys! This hostel is the best place you could stay in Budapest if not Europe. I said it when I stayed last time and and I'll say it again, it's like coming back to old an mates house for nothing but fun. If you like partying, and people are as important as places for you, you have to stay here.

Giggles was fun. Enjoyed the pub crawl too. Recommend this hostel!

It is a great Hostel!! If you want to party party and party then you are the right place!! Great for Solo travelers!! The Crew is great they make you feel so part of the set up that you can never feel left out!! And to top it all they do some amazing games and events!! Thumbs to the Staff and the hostel!! I am surely gonna be back soon!!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • India

This is a tiny hostel which makes it charming and personal. It's 4 other partner hostels means that the parties still kick ass and you get to return to a super personable and comfortable hostel. Your fellow guests quickly become friends in the clean and secure setting tucked away in a gorgeous old building.

We love OG! This is the perfect place to go if you love Australians, everyone is Australian it's great. Has a really friendly, homely atmosphere our favourite part being the family dinners. The staff are great at getting people involved and ready to go out even though we'd have to leave by 8.30 because of the noise curfew in the residential area (this was a good thing though, it hurries you up) also it was REALLY WARM. We also loved the free tea, bread and eggs!

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff makes you feel at home right away and are so helpful. Family dinners are great (and cheap). The beds are also super comfortable. And, of course, every night was an absolute blast. I made some great memories (and questionable life decisions) out in Budapest with these guys. I stayed three nights, but I wish I could've stayed longer. I'll be back for sure.

• 15th Dec 2015

This is actually the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I ended up going out with everyone every night except one, and usually I'm not even much of a party-goer. The staff take care of you, and make sure you have stuff to do during the day and evening, and the people who come here are among the most amazing I've ever met. I didn't extend, but if I didn't have work commitments I absolutely would have.

The folks in the Carpe Noctem were amazing and they let meme in,had a great includeness culture and their hospitality was wonderful even though I was older than their usual guests. This was my first hostel experience in my life and I may look some odd to them but I definitely do that again, specially if I come back to Budapest. Cheers, Babak

• 11th Dec 2015

Budapest is an amazing place and this hostel makes it even better the atmosphere here is second to none and it's super clean with decent facilities! These guys made our trip to Budapest and will always remember the great time we had here! Would 100% recommend to anyone that they should stay here! All the girls that work there don't always wear bras - there are worse things to wake up to!

• New Zealand

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I only stayed 3 nights and made countless new friends and fantastic memories. The hostel is small, the vibe is homey, and everyone is extremely welcoming - you become a family really fast. I was traveling solo and had people to go exploring with from practically the moment I walked through the door! Cheap family dinners, easy access to tickets for tourist attractions... this place was perfect.

• 11th Dec 2015

Carpe Noctem was the best week of my entire life. I was so happy here I ended up staying an extra 5 days. This place became my home and its tenants my family. The staff were my older siblings showing me the best spots for food, drink and sight seeing. They cooked a “family dinner” every night for any one who wanted to participate (generally everyone did) and would clean the facilities every day with a smile. The staff planned events for every night of the week (again optional but everyone goes)

• 10th Dec 2015

This is THE place to stay if you are travelling to Budapest. The staff is amazing and from the moment you walk in you become part of their family. Carpe Noctem is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at.

• 10th Dec 2015