Carpe Noctem Original Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

I liked my stay here. My only major complaint is that they always took people to the same hostel bar, Retox. This is great every now and then, but not every night. Wish they would've taken us to other bars throughout the city. Otherwise, the facilities were nice. The rooms were big, which was nice and it was near major public transportation making it easy to get around.

Fun party hostel

I really enjoyed everything about this hostel. Not only do they give you free eggs and toast to make your own breakfast in the morning but the hostel is located in a very convenient location and the staff is extremely friendly. This is one of the 5 major party hostels but this one is much more laid back and you can actually sleep! However they do party hard and be ready for lot's of great pub crawls and activities outside the hostel. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Loved staying here. The staff is super wonderful and make you feel like family. They really go out of their way to make you have the best stay. Gonna miss this place!

I absolutely loved staying here and am already planning my return. Everyone was so kind and open to meeting new people. The hostel crew was a blast. Definitely go here if you want to meet travelers and party. Such great planned activities! Can't wait to come back!

Really great way to meet people and experience all that the city has to offer - excellent if you're on your own/in a pair

The hostel is on the top floor of a cool, rustic, landmark building. Inside it is set up to be a home-away-from-home. The walls are covered in funny memories and hilariously useful things. The staff are more like your roommates (who happen to be wiser than you, and want to use their wisdom to make sure you have the best time ever in Budapest), and less like landlords. Definitely do what they recommend. If there is a cool party that you wouldn't to miss, they will make sure you know about it.

• 4th Jun 2015

Nothing beats this place, there is always something to do and the staff makes sure you have a great time no matter what. Make sure to do the boat cruise on Thursday or Monday for the time of your life. Thank you Giggles, Elle, Craig, Teabag, and Nathan for the best time of my life nothing can replace the memories you helped me make on my journey.

Definitely the most solo traveller friendly place I have ever stayed at. It's basically impossible not to meet awesome people here, and the hostel always has something going on to bring people together. The staff are legends. Most people seem to end staying longer than planned, and I can totally see why!

I had such a sick time in Budapest thanks to Carpe Noctem! Honestly don't know what I would've done without the kind staff and welcoming people.

• 28th May 2015

Carpe Noctem OG was amazing! After having my first drink at the pub crawl on my first night i had already fallen in love with the culture that this hostel provides, along with the amazing people and relaxed yet party atmosphere. If you can't back up your drinking 2 nights in a row, don't even bother because these guys know how to have an amazing night. I had an unforgettable 10 days here and cannot wait to go back and visit the crew! You would be crazy not to come here :)

• 20th May 2015

The hostel was amazing and the staff were super friendly. We loved it so much, we stayed extra days! Pixie, Giggles, Ellie, Amber, and Teabags are amazinggggg. Pixie is a sexier version of Russel Brand in leggings ;)

• 15th May 2015

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. They immediately made us feel like we were at home and were very welcoming. The staff is really good at making you feel involved in the hostel and helps you navigate the city very easily! The nights out with the hostel were awesome! The facilities were awesome and very clean! The location felt very safe and the rooms were nice. We did not want to leave Carpe Noctum and were sad when we hugged everyone, especially the staff, goodbye.

Best party hostel ever.

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff are so friendly and funny, and create an instantly welcoming atmosphere. I loved the free eggs and toast and very inexpensive (but very yummy) family dinner every night. They have activities planned for every night, (expect to party!) you will never be without something to do! And they have many suggestions for day as well. I had a great time here! Thank you, Giggles, Elly, Pixie and Amber, for making it awesome!

If you want to have an awesome time in Budapest, don't stay anywhere else than here. The most welcoming atmosphere you can possibly imagine, I felt more at home here than in my actual home! The staff are friends more than they are staff, and you couldn't ask for a warmer bunch of people. Ellie, Teabags, Giggles and Pixie are genuinely some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. The events they organise are so much fun, words don't do them justice! Oh, and you get free eggs. FREE EGGS

This is definitely the best hostel I have stayed at. I spent 4 nights here, and never had a dull moment. Great facilities too, the hostel was clean, had comfy beds, and free eggs and bread for breakfast! And I of course have to give credit to the wonderful staff who made my stay even more amazing. Elly, Giggles, and TeaBags, don't ever stop being awesome!

I seriously considered kidnapping a staff member to bring to other hostels and teach them how things should be done. I also considered abandoning my family and friends and living here forever. It's that good. Anything/everything you need, they got you covered. באמת, ההוסטל הזה הכי טוב בעולם. גיגלס, איזה גבר. אלי, איזו חמודה. האנשים שנשארים פה הם ממש נחמדים, והכרתי חברים טובים לחיי. אני ממש שמח שבחרתי בקרפה נוקטם. הצוות עוזרים לכם בכל דבר. איפה לאוכל, לאן לטייל, לאן לצאת. תודה רבה לקרפה נוקטם!

• 5th May 2015

In lieu with the theme of other 5 star reviews, I'll say I had an excellent time. Let's put the word 'chiledl' into consideration here, because if chilled means lounge areas, music playing, easy going staff and a total disregard for mainstream ideas about how a hostel should be run, then yeah we can call the hostel chilled. Then there's the huge number of activities they organise for the day and night, for their guests, which is insaney generous. It is a MATES place, that's how I see it. havefun

• 5th May 2015

It is place of nice. Showers are welcoming and staff are very clean. This is place for to make party and have a friends. I am very recommend.

• 3rd May 2015