Carpe Noctem Original Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

This is definitely the best hostel I have stayed at. I spent 4 nights here, and never had a dull moment. Great facilities too, the hostel was clean, had comfy beds, and free eggs and bread for breakfast! And I of course have to give credit to the wonderful staff who made my stay even more amazing. Elly, Giggles, and TeaBags, don't ever stop being awesome!

I seriously considered kidnapping a staff member to bring to other hostels and teach them how things should be done. I also considered abandoning my family and friends and living here forever. It's that good. Anything/everything you need, they got you covered. באמת, ההוסטל הזה הכי טוב בעולם. גיגלס, איזה גבר. אלי, איזו חמודה. האנשים שנשארים פה הם ממש נחמדים, והכרתי חברים טובים לחיי. אני ממש שמח שבחרתי בקרפה נוקטם. הצוות עוזרים לכם בכל דבר. איפה לאוכל, לאן לטייל, לאן לצאת. תודה רבה לקרפה נוקטם!

• 5th May 2015

In lieu with the theme of other 5 star reviews, I'll say I had an excellent time. Let's put the word 'chiledl' into consideration here, because if chilled means lounge areas, music playing, easy going staff and a total disregard for mainstream ideas about how a hostel should be run, then yeah we can call the hostel chilled. Then there's the huge number of activities they organise for the day and night, for their guests, which is insaney generous. It is a MATES place, that's how I see it. havefun

• 5th May 2015

It is place of nice. Showers are welcoming and staff are very clean. This is place for to make party and have a friends. I am very recommend.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Belarus

I really appreciated that the floors were cleaned 3x daily. And the bread/eggs& such were very awesome.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Good place to meet other backpackers and nice atmosphere.

really good events organised and a nice family feel to the hostel

• 30th Apr 2015

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in in Europe, amazing staff and facilities. I might be more homesick for Carpe Noctem OG than I am for my actual home- meant to stay 3 days, ended up being there a week and only left because I absolutely had to. They're not kidding when they say it feels like home. This is a special place, don't miss it.

• 29th Apr 2015

Absolute amazing time in Budapest because of Carpe Noctem! The staff is incredible and instantly makes you feel like part of the family. The parties each night are ridiculous and everyone just pregames together and has a blast wherever we turn up. As a solo female traveller it was the perfect place to make friends and go out safely in a foreign city!

Awesome place to stay if you are solo and looking to socialize! Staff is there to help and make sure you have an enjoyable experience. At the same time, they do have some rules which must be respected. Beds are also really comfortable. Best hostel I've ever stayed in

I had a great stay at Carpe Noctem. The staff were unbelievably friendly, and the whole place just had a very "family feel" about it. There was always plenty to do in the evenings and they helped me make my best of Budapest.

• 27th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved the staff there, Giggles and Elly were very helpful. We went out a couple of times and it seemed us all going out as friends instead of them being tourist guides and taking us out.

It was an absolute pleasure to stay. Staff is super friendly, always there and always trying to help out! It's true party hostel. It's one of the best hostel I have ever stayed. Highly recommended! Cant wait to return!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • manigoyal201272
  • India

Carpe Noctum was excellent! The staff is very helpful and accomadating. I recommend this hostel because the party option is always available but they are also very aware of noise levels, after 8:30 or so it's quiet so sleep is not hard to come by. I recommend taking the dive bar pub crawl with Giggles and Graham, and definitely the boat trip! Budapest is just fantastic! Thank you Carpe Noctum xo

Hostel was what you would expect from a party hostel. Great staff, good environment, little bit of odd placement in the residential building but great fun nonetheless.

awesome hostel, awesome, staff, awesome drinking. If you like to drink heavily, make new friends while drinking, go out with travelers, and hang out with staff, this is the place. In 4 days, I partied every night, went out with the ridiculously hilarious and friendly staff, and formed incredible memories. highly highly recommend, if you want chill during the day, but also party come night. If you want to get black out first thing in the morning, check out their sister hostels.

A perfect ! In the center of Budapest , very nice, helpful and staff. There was a nice and positive atmosphere! I can only recommend it !!

Only a 22 people so you get very close with everyone staying there. VERY social hostel. I was by myself at one point and felt very welcome. Staff are great - Teabags and Giggles particularly helpful with local information. Dinner at the hostel is available for 700/night. Each night at 8.30 everyone heads out to a different activity (bar crawls, jager train etc). Also quiet if you want to stay in. Didn't appreciate being screamed at & told what to do by one of the drunk young staff but hey.

Definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff were all so friendly and that, combined with the amazing environment of the hostel, lead to such a social and amazing experience. Highly recommend it to anyone travelling. So easy to make new friends, including the staff themselves. Made it very hard to leave.

• 2nd Apr 2015

This is the place to stay if you want to get to know the awesome staff and solo/small groups of travelers in a smaller hostel. Come for the city, stay for the people! I guarantee you'll extend an extra day and if you don't want to you're probably as bad as elly.

• 30th Mar 2015