Carpe Noctem Original Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

This is the place to stay if you want to get to know the awesome staff and solo/small groups of travelers in a smaller hostel. Come for the city, stay for the people! I guarantee you'll extend an extra day and if you don't want to you're probably as bad as elly.

• 30th Mar 2015

Carpe Noctem is absolutely the spot to go in Budapest. All the fellow travelers were totally great to hang with. The staff were more like friends who happened to be willing to take care of anything you may need. Shout out to Elly for taking care of my laundry late in the laundry shift so it would be ready in time for my flight. Giggles, teabags and the rest of the crew were absolutely legendary

Returning guest- This hostel is the best time you can imagine with some of the best people you will meet. Staff are forever cleaning the hostel and its a very safe environment. A fantastic loaction in a beautiful city. What's more is that all the staff want is for you to enjoy your time in Budapest so you really can't go wrong at CARPE NOCTEM.

Absolutely loved it, the staff are the most fun and welcoming people who do their best and more to make sure you have as much fun as you can. Definitely feels like a family and was a really really nice thing to experience. Made waking up with a hangover very bearable. Terrific location as well very easy to find and close to pretty much everything worth doing. Will definitely stay again as soon as i can and if your going to Budapest then look no further cause you've found your hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2015

I had an amazing weekend at this hostel. The staff make you feel at home and create a really social atmosphere. The hostel was always clean, and they have a nice kitchen. I like that they always have tea and coffee, and eggs in the morning! They organise great parties but it's also fine to do your own thing if you want. Come here if you want to socialise, party hard (or not so hard), and see the city during the day.

You show up a stranger but leave feeling like you're part of the family. Small and sociable hostel ideal for solo travellers wanting to meet new people, have fun and discover some crazy parts of a fascinating city. Apart from Giggles' hair, one of the best things about this place is that, despite being a very fun and active party hostel, everything works; it's clean, the facilities are top notch and after 9pm the partiers crawl out and it's silent. Still, not a place to bring the wife and kids.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

10/10 best hostel I've ever stayed at, the staff make it great. The beds are comfortable free eggs and bread mean you'll never be hungry. Originally booked 4 days and ended up staying a week and a half because it was such a good time. Best place to stay in Budapest no question.

Amazing vibes, met great friends! The staff is amazing, Giggles rocked it on! Definetaly a party hostel. Dont regret it one bit. Definetaly coming back! Cheers!

From the moment I stepped through the doors I felt like I was part of a family. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable and have excellent resources for almost anything you want to do in the city. I truly didn't know what to expect coming here, and now I find myself so sad that I had to leave. The facilities were very clean, and there was definitely never a dull moment.

Can't say too much more that hasn't already been said. Wonderful, knowledgeable staff who encourage you to participate in group events. Makes meeting people a breeze. This was my first trip to Europe, and my first ever stay at a hostel. Giggles, TeaBags and Elly made it exceed expectation. Would gladly return in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the great hospitality! Amazing vibe! Will definitely miss you guys and will come back to Budapest if possible. As for comments for improvements.. I can't think of any except maybe, don't allow beer in the rooms (at least not on the floor)? Because I kicked over half-full beer cans a few times (sorry, it was dark and i needed to pee). It'll help the staff by not making them clean so much. But I guess a hostel's cleanliness depends a lot on its guests as well. Keep up the good work!

The best hostel experience I've had. Giggles, Elly and Teabags create a great atmosphere and take care of you're needs. And the nightlife activities they organise create good times great friendships and a lot of hangovers. Highly recommended.

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at for the following reasons... 1) the staff- the staff are the coolest people you will ever meet. They are chill, ready to party, and know the city better than the locals! 2) the atmosphere is out of control (in a good way). Every night they have different events planned and they are SO MUCH FUN. It also makes it very easy to meet people! 3) The hostel feels like a family. I'm all out of words so in the short, STAY HERE, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Wonderful aesthetic and clean, top notch facilities. Great staff and very social people. Staff facilitated bonding between guests to such a great extent that I can look around at the anonymous reviews around me and recognize people I met and remember just by their name and age range

To put it simply, it was perfect.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

This hostel became the standard to which all the other hostels I have stayed in throughout Europe will now fail to live up to. The staff was exemplary and made us feel welcome, showing us to our INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE beds, and giving us our FREE towel, FREE shower toiletries, FREE locks and FREE locker, and FREE Wifi. It makes one wonder why other hostels can't do all of that. Staff even sat down with us with a map of the city for half an hour & showed us tons of great places to eat and visit.

Ah such a good hostel - best atmosphere - would recommend to anybody in Budapest. Get there.

This was my first time traveling solo in a hostel, and carpe noctem is the absolute perfect environment! They have plenty of activities lined up for you and it feels like a group of friends rather than just hostel mates. It made my entire experience!!

• 12th Mar 2015

Really good hostel. It is a party hostel, so you will for sure have a good time. On the other hand, the parties are not really in this particular hostel (they go out with the other hostels) so it is really calm in the hostel when you arrive from the night out to sleep. Really nice!

Showers and hot water are lousy. Staff is incredibly nice, but usually drunk. Every night they go to retox as the activity which is just a sister hostel. Average experience.