Carpe Noctem Original Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Staff was super friendly and very clear on teaching me about the city and things to do. They had different types of parties lined up for each night which was awesome and very fun. Everyone was extremely welcoming and even after having to check out due to lack of availability (my fault for not booking ahead of time), they still invited me back for the family dinner and to hang out. Nights were quiet and allow you to get sleep, if that's what you're into. I would certainly come back.

had an exceptional stay at carpe noctem!! the atmosphere is great and the staff are real groovers!! 10 out of 10 hostel, highly reccomend!!

• 18th Nov 2015

The best hostel i've stayed at, staff is great friendly and they will help you whenever you need. If you like partying this is definitely the perfect place for you. Really good for meeting amazing and interesting people, I will highly recomend it to solo travelers. Can't wait to stay there again!!

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Spain

This was, by far, the best hostel I have ever stayed at as a solo traveller. It has a wonderfully homey vibe and incredible staff who make you feel like part of the family as soon as you walk through the door. They have a perfect mix of fantastic nights out and a cozy, quiet, chill vibe at the hostel in the evenings if you choose to stay in. I cannot recommend this place highly enough! My only suggestion is: however long you plan on staying in Budapest, give yourself time to extend.

• 17th Nov 2015

Excellent hostel. I was there for just a short time but the staff and guests were friendly, welcoming and entertaining. Great place to meet some really cool people. I will definitely be back!

Staff are wonderful characters and they make this place fantastic! Be ready to go out and party after family dinners (one of the best parts) when super fun events are planned every night. You can stay in at night if tired, but it's much better to take advantage of these quite cheap night life options. Great bang for your buck here and amazing family atmosphere. Would definitely go back!!

I'll keep this brief 'cos I'll keep in touch with you guys through email. Thanks again to you all. Really enjoyed my time in Budapest because of you guys. You're all awesome. I'll be back fo' sho'!

Great spot, very comfortable. Staff are incredible and defiantly know how to party. Awesome atmosphere to meet people. Place is cleaned multiple times a day which is nice to see. Free "all you can eat" eggs bread and milk which is awesome. Family dinner each night is cheap, and always a great home cooked meal which I loved doing. The best thing about this place is defiantly the staff, who are always down to punch a snowy with the guests. Would definitely come again if I had the opportunity.

I had so much fun at this hostel I ended up extending my stay twice! The staff are some of the most friendly & welcoming people I've met. They really went out of their way to make everyone's stay the best it could be. The facilities were clean & provided everything you needed- they even had free eggs & bread for breakfast & family dinner every night. The atmosphere was great & there were different events going on each night so it was easy to meet people. One of the best hostels I've been to!

• 9th Nov 2015

This is a party hostel! Don't book if you're not interested in socialising and partying. That being said this is a great place to stay as a solo traveller. Easy to meet new people. Staff are friendly and will generally help with any queries but because it is a party hostel the staff often join in on the fun and may forget to attend to your requests, will just have to give them multiple friendly reminders. Beds are super comfortable. Bathroom facilities are a little average with concertina doors.

The best hostel I've stayed at! The staff is the insanely fun, they sure know how to party and know some sweet spots. I would come back 100%

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Convenient location in a beautiful city, extremely welcoming and fun staff, free Wi-Fi, lockers, padlocks, towels. Very clean. Ideal place to meet people. Feels like being part of a family, living in family home. Wild parties 7 days of the week. Everyone goes out together. Awesome time staying here and I really miss it. Memories that will last the rest of my life.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Very solid hostel. Has a more family vibe to it than Noctem Vitae. Really enjoyed my time here. Staff are great people and will definitely add to your time in Budapest. Cheers gang

yew great place to meet great people don't stay any where else!! free eggs and bread is gold for poor kids like me

This was my first experience with a party hostel and I couldn't be happier. It was quiet and clean but had all the benefits of being associated with a sister party hostel. The organized bar crawls and events were a lot of fun and the staff made you feel like family. My only regret was not staying longer.

It couldn't have been better. They make SURE you have an awesome time in Budapest. Thanks guys!

• 30th Oct 2015

Giggles is a really amazing guy who takes care of the staff! My boyfriend got really drunk ( standard for Budapest hey! ) but you could tell giggles genuinely cares and brought him home! He's a really fun guy who loves to party but also cares to! That's a rare find! The rest of the staff were really lovely to!!

Seems like a good hostel but definately stay at the other one, it's much bigger and a lot more people with a bar and more social space. This hostel is basically an apartment turned into a hostel and although it's pretty cool it's not that great for meeting people as the hostel only has around 20 beds and a living area to socialise. The staff are alright but they're just other travellers who also live in the hostel.

Literally the best hostel I've stayed at! Staff are awesome, beds are comfy and the great atmosphere is evident as soon as you walk in. Perfect for solo travellers. I stayed a week and would stay a month if I could!

• 23rd Oct 2015

If you're tossing up staying here or not - just do it, you will have the time of your life! I've never felt more at home at a place away from home. Apple, Elly, Shitzu and Giggles will make sure you're always having too much fun, and will make it very hard for you to leave - I booked two nights and stayed for a week. Definitely do the escape rooms, the boat party, and caving if you can, you'll have memories and friends to last a lifetime.