Carpe Noctem Original Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

Literally the best hostel I've stayed at! Staff are awesome, beds are comfy and the great atmosphere is evident as soon as you walk in. Perfect for solo travellers. I stayed a week and would stay a month if I could!

• 23rd Oct 2015

If you're tossing up staying here or not - just do it, you will have the time of your life! I've never felt more at home at a place away from home. Apple, Elly, Shitzu and Giggles will make sure you're always having too much fun, and will make it very hard for you to leave - I booked two nights and stayed for a week. Definitely do the escape rooms, the boat party, and caving if you can, you'll have memories and friends to last a lifetime.

If you're considering staying here, stop thinking and just do it! Come for a visit and you may never want to leave! I can honestly say that this hostel is something special. The staff are genuinely AMAZING, fun, hilarious people to chill with. It feel less like a hostel and more like a family. During the day they'll help you organize cool things like caving. At night, get ready for some of the best nights you won't remember w the best ppl around. Come stay at Carpe and do Budapest the RIGHT way!

• 19th Oct 2015

What an awesome hostel! Best atmosphere you could possibly ask for. You're made to feel at home from the second you walk in. Everyone comes up and shakes your hand and greets you warmly. Home cooked dinner every night, the most fun pub crawls and they go the extra mile when booking things for you or when you get into trouble. I was late for escape room and caving on seperate days and they got me there so I didn't miss a thing both times! Will stay here again 100%. Wish I had time to extend here

Nothing I have to say will make you understand what Carpe is like. Just go to Budapest and stay there. You're staying at your best mate's place, and the staff becomes your best mate. Jewma, shitzu, elly and giggles are too good. Probably the best staff i've encountered. Their chemistry is unmatched, and makes you wanna be a part of their family. Best thing is, they'll welcome you with open arms, and a good time. If being one of the best hostels ever is not enough, Budapest will rock your world.

Do stay here if: You want an awesome time in a pretty city. Free eggs and bread for breakfast. An awesome crew that will make you feel at home and look after everything you need. A cheap family dinner where you can meet all the other guests. Great nightly activities & lots of partying. You want to be an emotional wreck when you have to check out and say goodbye :( Don't stay here if: Any of the above repulse you at all. Thanks for the awesome time guys, had an absolute blast xx From Millhouse

If you don't stay at this hostel when you go to Budapest you have made a mistake!! Small hostel which is good as you get to know everyone and they cook family dinners every evening which are excellent. There is always something on at night as this is a party hostel but if you want to stay in, the hostel is very quite which is great too! The guys that run it are more like some friends you haven't seen in a while and instantly bond with rather than staff. My only regret is I couldn't stay longer.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Do not come here unless you want to have the best hostel experience in Budapest! As well as the comfiest beds in town, top service, amazing nights out and activities every day, family dinners... the list just goes on. It's rare you find a team that works so hard to make every guest feel at home - big shout out to Jewma, Giggles, Elly and Shitzhu for being the dogs b******* every day and showing us how to party. Love you guys and love CARPE NOCTEM!!!

Best hostel in Budapest, staff are so nice and they genuinely want you to have the best Budapest experience possible. Events every single day, they'll take you out on a great night, or you can relax and watch a movie at the hostel. Was hard to leave, can't wait to go back!!

This is a smaller hostel with about 20ish beds, but they make you feel so welcome. when you first get there they don't treat you like a guest but rather a friend coming over. you can tell everyone is like family from the homemade family style suppers and the awesome events they have going on every night. I loved every minute here and would be back again for sure!

Carpe Noctem OG made me an emotional wreck when I had to leave! It became "home" in such a short period of time and everybody who worked and stayed there became family. Because of it's uniquely small size, you can't help but feel so comfortable and get so close with everyone. Budapest was the MOST fun, and I have this wonderful hostel to thank for it. Shitzhu, Elly, Giggles and Jewmi- I miss all of you crazies everyday! Even though I'm home now, I'm totally homesick for Carpe Noctem OG.

One of the most interesting hostels I've stayed at on my trip. Feels like a friend's apartment. Really nice place to stay after traveling for a couple months, this just felt really chill and comfortable. Staff is really kind and goes out of their way to help with recommendations and make you feel at home. I would definitely recommend

This hostel is absolutely amazing in every possible way! You're made to feel right at home from the moment you step through the door. The location is perfect and there's a great kitchen and common area. This hostel also has the best team of staff I've ever met. They're insanely fun and super knowledgable about the city, they work tirelessly to keep the place spotless, and they create a really sweet family vibe. Elly, Shihtzu, Jewma and Giggles: you guys are the best!

This hostel knows what they are doing! Loved the kitchen, it's so well stocked with heaps of free food and drinks. The staff are the loveliest people you will ever meet and make you feel so at home- they really are a family. There's something different on every night, often organised with the other hostels which is so much fun and great for meeting people. Carpe really is like no other- you'll feel like you're coming home. The family dinner is also super cheap and cute af. Unforgettable, 110%.

• 4th Oct 2015

Initially booked 3 nights here as it was recommended by a friend and ended up staying for over a week. Staff were great, the hostel is cleaned daily, padlocks and breakfast is offered. A different event is offered each night such as pub crawls, boat parties, karaoke and many others which were all a great time. Definitely a strong party atmosphere at night, yet respectful in terms of others who are resting. Giggles is a great snuggler

• 2nd Oct 2015

This hostel allows for easy access to many key landmarks and points of interest within Budapest. It is well maintained, clean and tidy and although i didn't get a chance to participate in any of the activities they had planned each day it seemed to be very sociable. The staff were great, a special thanks to the man referred to as 'Giggles' for having to wake up in the early hours to check me in and for introducing me to the hilltop hoods ;p. Overall i enjoyed me stay here !

You will truly never find a better hostel. Not only are the staff absolutely amazing, but the atmosphere makes it nearly impossible to leave. Be prepared to party: the nightly activities are a blast (our fave was the ruin pub crawl). There was one staff member named Bambi who was extremely lazy (that's a joke). Love letter to Giggles, Elly, Jewma & Shihtzu: Jacks and Danii love you all so much and wish we could have stayed longer. PS: Jacks has been having heaps of wet dreams about Shihtzu.

This hostel is like no other hostel in the world. I will remember my experiences here for the rest of my life. I did so many fun Budapest experiences (booked by the hostel), partied so hard (organized by the hostel), and made many wonderful friendships (with people at the hostel) that I will cherish forever. Also, the beds are comfy, staff keeps the hostel very clean, and there's always an abundance of food. Bottom line: Stay here if you want a great experience and a new family.

Cannot express enough how great this hostel is. From the moment you walk in to the hostel you'll feel at home. The staff couldn't be any better and they're beyond helpful. I wish I could have stayed more than 3 nights there but now it's just another reason to come back to Budapest. Definitely do the family dinner as it cheap and delicious! Giggles goulash was unreal! I've been gone only a day and I missed the place as soon as I walked out the door. Until next time Carpe Noctem!

This is absolutely not a hostel by any normal means. This is that one city where you can't wait to visit because all your best friends are in the same house waiting for you to come so they can show you the city, show you a good time, and show you how to party. These guys work so hard to make sure you have an awesome trip and that your stay is as comfortable as possible. This is my attempt to try and express how grateful I am for my time spent here and how highly I recommend you do the same.