Carpe Noctem Original Reviews

Szobi utca 5, 3/8a, Budapest, Hungary

This is absolutely not a hostel by any normal means. This is that one city where you can't wait to visit because all your best friends are in the same house waiting for you to come so they can show you the city, show you a good time, and show you how to party. These guys work so hard to make sure you have an awesome trip and that your stay is as comfortable as possible. This is my attempt to try and express how grateful I am for my time spent here and how highly I recommend you do the same.

Run by a top-notch crew, who work to keep the place clean, comfortable & will go out of their way to make sure you are having a blast. Do your own thing during the day if you want, bond with everyone over family dinner in the evening, and then go out with your new best friends on whatever adventure is planned that night. Best part is no one is going to wake you up early since they are all just as hungover as you.. thats true friendship! So unless you hate fun, do yourself a favor & stay here!

• 22nd Sep 2015

The hostel has a great atmosphere with amazing staff. They make you feel right at home, they are super helpful and accommodating and nothing is too much to ask for. The staff are more like friends than anything else. I will definitely make a return visit in the near future!

• 22nd Sep 2015

Firstly I just want to thank all the staff (Jewma, Elly, Frame and Shihtzu) for the most amazing time I had at OG, they were so welcoming that by the end of the trip, i felt as if we were a little family. The hostel is small but perfect, i wouldn't have wanted it any other way. The social aspect is perfect for a lone traveler but I would bring my friends back and still head to the same hostel. Definitely Recommended! You will not regret!

• 19th Sep 2015

The staff were amazing! They make you feel at home and know all the best places to go for sightseeing and food! The facilities were always clean and the events organised each night were so much fun! I'd definitely recommend Carpe Noctem and I can't wait to go back!

• Scotland

Excellent hostel, the staff are brill and make you feel at home as soon as you arrive, they show you all the amazing places to go and sort alot of cool events out, the hostel is very clean and the beds are amazing! It's like one big family! Highly recommend, I will b back!

• 19th Sep 2015

If you're a solo traveller in Budapest looking to meet people and party hard, then I can't recommend this place enough! The staff are all amazing. They really make an effort to get to know you and make sure you're having fun. The place is really small which means there's only ever a few people staying. That, combined with the communal area where everyone sits around chatting gives the place the vibe that you're hanging out in a close friends house. There's events organised every night

Up a set of stairs to the top floor, in a building in Budapest, leads you to an apartment full of rowdy people with huge hearts. The small number of beds and cozy atmosphere lend itself to making new friends, and the never ending list of parties every night all but guarantees you at least one hungover night. The rooms are clean, the beds comfy, the location ideal. I sincerely hope my travels one day take me back here.

Great hostel. Starting to get on the more expensive side for Budapest

• 18th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

I can't express enough my love for this place. After 4 short days, we left a home and a family, and we truly can't wait until we can come back. The staff is beyond amazing, welcoming, understanding, and ready to help, and this brings such an awesome vibe to the place. There was ALWAYS something fun and affordable to do. From the boat party to the bath party to paragliding, our time in Budapest would not have been the same without Carpe. Thank you thank you xx

I had originally thought I was going to stay at Carpe Noctem for two days and get some rest. However, the first staff member I ran into was Shihtzu and he was not going to let that happen! Next thing I know I am staying five days with some of the greatest people I have met in my life. Shihtzu, Frame, Giggles, Elly and Jewma all went out of their way to make me feel like we had been friends for years. I'd definitely recommend Carpe Noctem to anyone who wants to experience the real Budapest!

• 15th Sep 2015

greatest team running the hostel when I was there

If you want to meet lots of friendly people, get the opportunity to do really cool activities, and party hard at night all while hosted by the best staff in the world, then look no further! This is a smaller sized hostel of less than 30 beds, which makes it perfect for a family style environment. Budapest is an amazing city and I couldn't imagine having more fun staying in any other hostile while there. I stayed for 5 days and this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in... Also Elly is the best.

• 15th Sep 2015

best hostel ever? i think so. i feel that if i stayed at a different hostel my experience in budapest would have been much less that what it was. its so easy to meet cool people and you will love your like. shouts out to all the staff, you guys kill it

Awesome little hostel, felt like home! already missing everyone ... I'll be back !

Amazing hostel! Staff are absolutely incredible.

This place shouldn't even be considered a hostel, since what they offer is in a whole different league. Staff is simply amazing and helpful, their parties are some of the best I've ever seen. I went solo, but you're making new friends every minute, since the atmosphere is fantastic. Gotta go back there!

• 7th Sep 2015

Great fun! The hostel plans a lot of activities for you. Fun for partying and solo traveling. Can be slightly pricey

From someone that have been doing the hostel thing for a long time now I was very taken by how much this place feels like home... Staff is high point here.... Jewma, giggles, Elly and Shithu go out of the way to make your stay in Budapest the most fun ever.... The fact that I ditched my plans and booked another week pretty much says it all.... Definitely coming back and fully recommend it...!!!!!! Book now..!!!!!

• 4th Sep 2015

Without doubt the best hostel I've stayed at. Nice & helpful staff plus fun things to to do in the evening make for a great stay.