Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Legendary hostel, if you think you know how good Budapest you have no idea. Shout out to the legends Fables, Cyclops and Gillie. Stay here or make the biggest mistake of your life.

Fables, Gilly and Cosmo are wicked cool dudes! Had such a great time at Vitae and would definitely reccommend it to anyone looking for a good mix between partying and relaxing. The hostel itself has a great amount of space to meet people, so it's definitely the place for people travelling solo. Will definitely find my way back there again. Thanks for all the fun times!

I've never stayed at a hostel where I felt like I was best friends with everyone straight after walking through the doors! They go above and beyond to ensure that you have the time of your life. Fables is the man, easy on the eye as well...

Be ready to party and have a sick Tine, staff will be your mate and force drinks down you, plus fables is a top bloke, sick drikker, sharpshooter and unlucky to be cheated victory in the second round of Paintball by aussie Dave.

It was not what I expected as I could hardly get close to my bed in between backpacks, clothes, empty bottles and other kind of rubbish on the floor. The smell of the room was awful and bathroom was not clean at all. The hostel is in the 4th floor with no lifts. Finally, the matress was so thin that I could sleep well.

'Hostel' doesn't really describe this place - it's more like a fort you've made with your mates and it's sick as. 'Staff' doesn't really describe the people who work there - they're more like a group of smiley, beautiful mother ducks that shepherd you home when you're totaled on Budapest's best selection. '100%' doesn't really describe the atmosphere here, it's more like double that then chuck in the sickest time you've ever had with total legends and the feeling of home all in one.

There comes a time in your life when everything becomes clear and sound. I had been travelling for nearly 2 months before arriving at vitae, and I can honestly say that nothing compared and will ever compare to my time spent at this wonderful place. The facilities here are only topped by the wonderful staff who go out of their way to meet your every need. The nightly events are going to change your life, and the city during the day will make your heart happy. Miley is the best. I will be back!

I had the most amazing time at Carpe Noctem. I was traveling solo and the hostel was the perfect place to meet people to go out at night. Everyone I met was friendly and nice. I went on the Pub Crawl and Boat Party and had the time of my life -- I want to come back ASAP.

• 19th Aug 2015

Carpe Noctem Vitae has hands down been the best most memorable hostel experience I've ever had. When I arrived I barely knew one person, I left with dozens of new incredible friends from around the world. A solo traveler's wonderland! I believe it's all due to the amazing staff who work there. You can tell they all genuinely love being there, and after my first night I never wanted to leave either! They have the cleanest facilities I've seen and the most knowledgeable staff. So much love:)

• 19th Aug 2015

Love this place, city had a 48 hour blackout and that didn't fault the vibe of the place!! Had an absolute blast. Fables is a beer drinking God and an all round top bloke! See you next time guys.

This has been our favourite hostel. The amazing staff are what makes this place. They make you feel at home and part of the team instantly. Great nightly events happening all the time as well as a great pub crawl. Would have liked more showers/toilets and had them cleaned a little more... But still the best time we've ever had!!!

Carpe Noctem Vitae was unlike anything I was expecting when I walked in. Showing up around 10:30, people weren't anywhere near being out of bed. Everyone clearly had a great previous night. Personally, I thought the hostel felt kinda homey. I really enjoyed the staff who were always cracking jokes, hanging out with the people in the lobby, and always willing to be helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to a friend and I hope I have the chance to go back.

• 18th Aug 2015

Easily in the top couple of hostels I've stayed at in Europe! Even a 48 hour blackout due to a massive electrical storm could not ruin the experience or the hostels vibe. Special shout out to staff member Ash - can't skull a beer but a great bloke!

• 17th Aug 2015

Miley is the best staff member to date! He had warm, luxurious and welcoming hugs. Don't leave without one. Seriously best hostel to date. they couldn't get rid of me!

• 16th Aug 2015

This hostel is sick, so much fun. Stay here if you're cool, don't stay here if you think 2 beers is too many. Frame is good looking.

Hostel makes you feel right at home! The staff truly make the experience, you feel as if you're one of them. Fables is a dear and made the experience all the better. Cannot wait to return to Budapest soon. I will definitely be staying here again!

Another amazing stay. Myself and 3 brothers could not have wished for a better time. Staff and facilities are wonderful and for the price its mind blowing. Keep up the good work. Fables is a legend , thats official! He helped out with various advice and activities and went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could be.

Definitely a bit mental but in a good way! The staff are lovely and it was easy to meet people! The partying was really good fun, I went on the Thursday night booze cruise and had a blast! was also good for if you wanted a night in as everyone leaves at 8:30 so it becomes nice and quiet!

I always love coming back to this hostel, the staff are all so welcoming and make you feel at home again! The best thing about this hostel is how social the staff are and how they make it so comfortable for everyone to meet one another. Big shout out to my denim wearing friend Tej, you make my stay at Vitae perfect :)

Such a fab hostel! Everyone has to go here!

• 1st Aug 2015