Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

1925 Total Reviews

so i stayed here at the start of sziget and it was quieter than usual because i blondely didnt get festival tickets. the staff are spot on and lovely, cleanlyness....the bed linnen etc is changed daily party hostel, there is events every night stay there, especially if your on your own. ooo and there is NO CHECK OUT TIME, best news ever!!

So much fun and the staff really are amazing. Not super clean but I think you get value for money in that you are definitely going to make friends and have a good time.

Need to fix the hot water, no one likes a cold shower.

This was a really fun party hostel which is great for backpackers looking for a fun night out and party! the variety of things they offered was great from bar crawls around the ruin bars to boat parties to tickets to the bath parties! everyone was really friendly and welcoming and we had a great time! the rooms were great as well and facilities were excellent!

Definitely would recommend Vitae to other travelers. The staff was great and had loads of recommendations for things to do each day. Also super fun to go out with at night. The planned events each night were a great way to meet the other people at the hostel, which I really appreciated traveling alone. Clean rooms and showers. Fun place!

• 6th Aug 2014

This is a PARTY HOSTEL! If you are looking for fun COME HERE! If you are looking to do anything else then DONT! The staff are wicked, people are great, and has a very family type feel. The location is excellent and there are always crazy events going on. Fun of epic proportions.

The deluxe 6 bed dorm was nice and spacious with good aircon, the bathrooms were fantastic - spacious with good showers and always free in the morning since most of the other guests are sleeping off their hangovers! Although we knew it was a party hostel so expected people to be coming in late, etc, we were a bit put off buy the rude posters about the staff when we arrived - thankfully in person the staff were very very helpful! The hostel was sometimes loud at 5am but we still slept ok.

A stay at Carpe Noctem Vitae is the most fun you can have with your clothes on (or off - depending entirely on you ;))! Thanks to Ras, Murph, PJ, Flinch...some of the many staff who made it a holiday to remember (never mind all the crazy fun and friendly guests)... Definitely one for the books (well...the parts I remember anyway) ;)..I will definitely be back!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

Well what can I say except Vitae is my home and the staff and guests here are my crazy second family. Its my fourth time here and each time it keeps getting better. How will I ever leave for good?! Love you guys always.

This is a party hostel. However, after 9:00pm the hostel is DEAD because they are located above apartments and must observe quiet hours. If you are looking for an option to party or stay in, this is the place to be. I was sick basically the entire time I was here and I was able to sleep and rest and get better. The kitchen facilities are great and the dorms are okay. There is AC which is key in the heat. The showers are a little dirty but they are huge. Overall, good place to stay.

Best hostel I have stayed in. Super easy to meet people around the hostel. The staff are awesome, very helpful and have actives organised at night. Dylan was very helpful during my stay. Must stay here if in Budapest!!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Everything was perfect exept may be the lockers. It would be great to have lockers which is working with the badge like that people don't have to buy a lock if they want to secure their stuff.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Vitae is more like a family than a hostel! We had an amazing time with the friendly staff and awesome crew exploring Budapest. They made sure we always had something to do at night and gave us plenty of options for the day as well. We would return in a heartbeat and would recommend Vitae to anyone who loves a party hostel!

The hostel was excellent from check in to check out they made sure that you enjoyed your stay. The staff were all friendly and good to have a few drinks with in the evening. The hostel provided activities to do each day at a reasonable cost as well so you are never bored. Last of all...the other travellers were a good laugh (mainly under 30 but a few just older) they were always up for doing something, so there's rarely a dull moment here. I will no doubt visit again in the near future.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great people, great time, but the air conditioners weren't working... :(

• 1st Aug 2014

Great party hostel. Clean with good bathroom facilities. Perfect place to meet people. We only had one disappointment - we were three girls traveling together and we were split into separate rooms - not even close to eachother.

good : extremely helpful and friendly staff. all of them speaks perfect english. there are organized party-related activities every day, and there is always a collection of people kicking back in the common room. bad : the overall hygiene and privacy in this place are abysmall. the common room smells, staff do not wear shoes (which is fine until they go up on your bed with their dirty bear feet), the bathrooms are disgusting and the rooms too small and with windows through which all can see.

Great hostel, Great location, Even better people - Was a bit worried about the language barrier etc. before arriving but everyone makes you feel right at home (city map, circling do's and dont's, recommendations etc.) Has a super chill environment with a definite party vibe but the noise is always kept down so if you're not into the partying atmosphere its still a great space. Really well organised bar crawl every night that meets up with other hostels so is easy to meet people esp. when solo

• 29th Jul 2014

This is an order. Go there. I'm going back next year and I stayed a week. The staff are awesome and their is someone to meet and something to do every night alone or as a group. So much do by day and night.

I booked two nights at Carpe but moved to another hostel after the first night, mainly because the other guests weren't really my kind of crowd and the hostel itself wasn't so clean. Positives: the staff give a very personalised service, giving you loads of useful info when you arrive and showing you to your room. This is a party hostel so they organise a night out every night, if that's your thing. If you're 18-22 and just want to party, stay here. If not, I wouldn't recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7