Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

2010 Total Reviews

This place is awesome, the staff is open friendly and will easily be a great drinking buddy if your that socially awkward. The atmosphere is for the party people so if your not trying to be that...don't, just don't be a kill joy on other peoples good time (you know who you are).

If you want to party and don't care about cleanliness/quiet too much its great. Not somewhere to go to relax though. The staff are very knowledgable.

The staff were brilliant, always up for going out and doing things. The location is right on the main road where all of the bars are, you can't complain at that! It's right on the top floor of a block of apartments which you need a key code to access. Once on the top floor you then use your electronic wrist key to open the door to the hostel and your room. Overall, I would definitely go back to Carpe Noctem Vitae.

Great hostel, staff are very welcoming and eager to get people involved and show them a good night out in Budapest, good location near to night-life and centre of the city. Would highly recommend.

• 2nd Sep 2014

The hostel is extrememly dirty, particularly the bathrooms. It is a party hostel but it is still a hostel. 2 of the showers were broken, shower curtains were full of mildows, bathroom floor was always dirty.

Words cannot describe how AMAZING this hostel is! If you want to have a really fun time and experience Budapest at it's best, then you MUST stay here! Despite some hiccups with our booking, the staff were bloody fantastic at making it up to us! BIG shoutout to Frame who personally paid for our boat party tickets

• 1st Sep 2014

This place has literally provided me with some of the happiest memories of my life so far. At Vitae, you are instantly made to feel like one of the family and both staff and guests help create the awesome social atmosphere that makes the hostel such a great place to be. It's always worth getting involved in the nights out that the hostel runs as they are all a guaranteed good time. Shout out to Emily, Cyclops and Frame for making my time as memorable and enjoyable as it was!

Carpe is my favourite hostel in Europe. Staff are freakish nice

Indeed a party hostel. Hated the bracelet system at first but I admit it saved my ass one night when coming back to the hostel completely wasted. Excellent location. The staff were cool and knowledgeable but way too laidback to run the hostel. As a result it was filthy and various things (wifi, showers) didn't work.

I recommend Carpe Noctem when staying in Budapest! The staff are very helpful and friendly. When I arrived I was given a great insight into things to do in the city, places to eat etc. If you're a solo traveller who wants to meet

This is a purely party hostel, people are crazy there!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Egypt

Amazing staff and in a prime location! There's a party every night and the staff are happy to help you out with local hotspots and activities! Will definitely be back !

• 28th Aug 2014

The staff here were AMAZING, could not be nicer or more helpful, definitely made you feel welcome and part of the crew. The people and atmosphere in the hostel were also amazing, it may not be the prettiest of places but it is definitely worthwhile staying if you want to have fun. Was a bit awkward to find the hostel in the dark, but the directions are clear, I'm just not that good at following them.

Amazingly helpful staff, great atmosphere, awesome for partying and good facilities. Would definitely come back.

Best hostel I've stayed at. The staff are awesome ang go beyond what they are expected. There's a big common area which makes socialising really easy and every night there is something else happening in the city whether it's a boat party or pub crawl. I will definitely be going back!!!

A nice place, very busy. Lots of activities.

There is nothing I can say here that will do justice the the amazing time I had at Vitae. In all of my travels it was single handedly the hardest place I've ever had to leave. The staff are amazing, there is always something going on and everyone includes everyone in everything. In a week both the staff and the other guests became like a family. I cant wait to come back. Make sure you get in on family dinner as well, every time I ate the food was great!

Friendly staff who seem to prefer to have a good time the to work and the basics like clean the place. The office is a pig sty and looks like it has never been cleaned. There seems to be poor communication between staff members. I had several different hostel room mates who were just changing rooms within the complex. Common facilities seem to have been picked up from a road side collection basic total junk. Saying this it was a very relaxing place and the staff were very accommodating 6.5/10.

The best hostel I've stayed in across any of the 5 continents I've travelled on. Friendly and helpful staff that are as involved in the night life and activities as you are. Friendly and involving atmosphere with events on every day and night. I would recommend it without hesitation.

• 25th Aug 2014

hands down one of the best hostels ive ever stayed at.. the staff make you feel at home and the guests become family